Welcome to Huntsville Car Scene.com. This User Agreement (the "Agreement") describes the terms and conditions on which Huntsville Car Scene.com offers you to be a participant in Huntsville Car Scene.com or hsv.streetracing.org.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY VISITING HUNTSVILLE CAR SCENE.COM YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE SAID TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND TO FAITHFULLY COMPLY WITH THE SAME. However, if you have any questions about this Agreement, contact Huntsville Car Scene.com via the link at the bottom of this page.
Information required upon registration for each participant on Huntsville Car Scene.com must be accurate and complete. You must update such information as needed in order to ensure that the information remains to be accurate and complete. Huntsville Car Scene.com may, at its sole discretion, suspend or terminate any account at any time that is found to contain invalid, incomplete, or falsified information.
- Use of Member ID and Password
Huntsville Car Scene.com assumes that all activities made using your Member ID and password are authorized by you. You agree to bear sole responsibility for all use of your account and for the confidentiality of your password. To protect your privacy, Huntsville Car Scene.com may suspend access or change access to your account immediately upon discovery that your account has been accessed by another person, or upon notification by you that your password has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.
- Posting of Messages
Huntsville Car Scene.com allows you to post a message (including without limitation text, data, photos, graphics, music, sounds and videos) in Huntsville Car Scene.com in a number of forms, such as your opinion about any of the topics in Huntsville Car Scene.com and comments to other people's messages. (the "Messages").
By participating in Huntsville Car Scene.com, you agree that Huntsville Car Scene.com shall have unlimited and irrevocable rights (including economic, moral and all other rights that may exist in such material) and license to use, display, publish or communicate to the public, permit others (including without limitation Huntsville Car Scene.com's co-brand partners) to publish, the Messages, online and offline, for a fee or otherwise, in whole or in part, throughout the world and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed without need of any notice, remuneration, compensation, royalties or attribution to you. Nothing herein, however, shall permit Huntsville Car Scene.com to use the name of the user, or the title of his work, or otherwise to make use of his reputation with respect to any version or adaptation of his Messages which, because of alterations therein, would substantially tend to injure his literary or artistic reputation; or to use the name of the user with respect to a Message he did not create or post.
By submitting photos to Huntsville Car Scene.com, you agree that Huntsville Car Scene.com shall have unlimited and irrevocable rights (including economic, moral and all other rights that may exist in such material) and license to use, display, publish or communicate to the public, permit others (including without limitation Huntsville Car Scene.com's co-brand partners) to publish, online and offline, for a fee or otherwise, in whole or in part, throughout the world and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed without need of any notice, remuneration, compensation, royalties or attribution to you. Nothing herein, however, shall permit Huntsville Car Scene.com to use the photos, or otherwise to make use of his reputation with respect to any version or adaptation of the photos which, because of alterations therein, would substantially tend to injure literary or artistic reputation.
- User Conduct
- You agree not to provide any Messages to Huntsville Car Scene.com that
- infringes any third-party intellectual property or publicity/privacy rights,
- is knowingly false, and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, regulation, or criminal statute
- contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information, or
- promotes piracy.
- As each forum is specifically tailored to address certain topics, you are responsible for initiating new threads in the correct forum. The appropriate content for each forum is described in detail on the Huntsville Car Scene.com main forum page.
- You agree not to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from the Huntsville Car Scene.com Administrator.
- "Impersonation," or assuming the character of another member by copying his username and manner of writing, even with that member's consent, posting messages under various names, impersonating any person or entity, or falsely represent your affiliation with any person or entity, is not allowed.
- "Flaming," or lashing out at other participants is strictly forbidden. Proper etiquette is required for participation in Huntsville Car Scene.com.
- "Spamming," or sending unsolicited electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings, in any form, is strictly forbidden.
- "Trolling," or posting insulting or deliberately divisive threads/replies for the purpose of
- harvesting retaliatory insults and flames, or
- throwing off the balance of the forum, is also disallowed.
- You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or "flood," cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges.
- You agree not to use Huntsville Car Scene.com to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors, which includes direct posts, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet, without permission from Huntsville Car Scene.com. You may, however, include URLs or active links to commercial sites, reasonable in number, only for the sole purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions. Any link to a third-party Internet address does not imply an endorsement of that site or its content by Huntsville Car Scene.com. If ordering merchandise and/or services through any commercial service offered via an official Huntsville Car Scene.com partnership or affiliate, all transaction terms including but not limited to purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance, and delivery, are solely between you and the seller of the merchandise or services. Huntsville Car Scene.com makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to any goods or services provided by the seller of the merchandise or services and shall not be liable for the costs or damages arising, either directly or indirectly, from the products or services or from the actions or inactions of the Seller.
- You agree that you will not incorporate any word in your name, Message ID, or custom user title that is defamatory, obscene or profane, or which violates any trademark, service mark, or other proprietary/intellectual property rights of any third party, including, without limitation, that of Huntsville Car Scene.com.
- You agree not to manipulate forum rankings by artificially inflating counts of visitors, message views, postings or other items used in determining the forum's standing.
- Content Filtering
- Huntsville Car Scene.com reserves the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in its sole opinion, violates any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Huntsville Car Scene.com may elect, at its sole discretion, to monitor some, all, or no areas of Huntsville Car Scene.com for adherence to these terms and conditions or Huntsville Car Scene.com policies and guidelines. Moderators of Huntsville Car Scene.com control individual forums. Questions about a particular forum should be directed to the respective forum moderator or the Huntsville Car Scene.com Administrator.
- Any user who feels that a Message is objectionable may request Huntsville Car Scene.com to delete said Message. Upon receipt of such a request, Huntsville Car Scene.com will determine, in its sole opinion, if such deletion is necessary. If deemed necessary, Huntsville Car Scene.com will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable period.
- Huntsville Car Scene.com does not endorse or recommend any of the opinions or ideas contributed by its users. However, Huntsville Car Scene.com permits others to make judgments about your Messages.
- Huntsville Car Scene.com is not responsible for any and all Messages expressed in Huntsville Car Scene.com. Huntsville Car Scene.com does not attempt to control or validate any comments or recommendations provided by the participants and is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Messages. Therefore, you bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the Messages. Specifically, § 230 of the Communications Decency Act prevents courts from entertaining claims that would place an interactive computer service in a publisher's role. Thus, lawsuits seeking to hold an interactive computer service liable for its exercise of a publisher's traditional editorial functions -- such as deciding whether to publish, withdraw, postpone or alter content -- are barred. By its plain language, § 230 creates a federal immunity to any cause of action that would make Interactive computer services liable for information originating with a third-party user of the service. U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, ZERAN v AMERICA ONLINE INC
- Information contained in Huntsville Car Scene.com, including but not limited to those relating to law or medicine or other fields, is not intended to substitute for the advice or opinion of your own lawyer or physician or professional adviser. You agree not to rely solely on any of the advise or opinion expressed. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall Huntsville Car Scene.com be liable for any reliance on any such information, nor shall Huntsville Car Scene.com be liable for any direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or punitive damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, the information in Huntsville Car Scene.com.
- User Privacy
- Huntsville Car Scene.com collects information during the registration process to operate and enhance the site ("Registration Information"). You may update your Registration Information any time by clicking the "User CP" link found on various locations on the Huntsville Car Scene.com website.
- Huntsville Car Scene.com keeps all of your Personal Information private and does not share it with any third parties. Should this policy change, Huntsville Car Scene.com will give you the option to decline disclosing your Personal Information to third parties prior to release of the information to the third parties. Huntsville Car Scene.com will not disclose your Personal Information unless acting under a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Huntsville Car Scene.com;
- enforce the User Agreement; or
- act to protect the interests of its members or others.
- A special registration form during contests/promos may be used for the purpose of gathering demographic information from the contest/promo participants. This information can be shared with the contest/promo sponsors depending on Huntsville Car Scene.com's agreement with them.
- Huntsville Car Scene.com will not send you any unsolicited information, including e-mail, unless you choose otherwise. Huntsville Car Scene.com may send periodic member letters to announce important service changes, new features, and technical issue updates.
- If at any time you believe that Huntsville Car Scene.com has not adhered to these principles, please notify the Huntsville Car Scene.com Administrator and we will use all reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem. If you have questions about this policy, please contact Huntsville Car Scene.com via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Parental Supervision
Huntsville Car Scene.com encourages parents to monitor their children. While content is moderated to filter objectionable posts, some topics may still not be suitable for children.
- Limitation of Use
Huntsville Car Scene.com reserves the right to limit the use of Huntsville Car Scene.com to any individual or group at any time.
- No Warranty
- Huntsville Car Scene.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material in Huntsville Car Scene.com.
- Huntsville Car Scene.com disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of Messages.
- Huntsville Car Scene.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material through Huntsville Car Scene.com.
- The Huntsville Car Scene.com website and services are provided "as is," and Huntsville Car Scene.com and its co-brand partners expressly disclaim all warranties or conditions of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory), including without limitation the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, Huntsville Car Scene.com does not promise or warrant to you that any aspect of the website and system will work properly or will be available continuously.
- No Liability
In no event shall Huntsville Car Scene.com be liable to any party for any loss or damage, including but not limited to lost revenues or profits or special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages (howsoever arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with the Huntsville Car Scene.com website, its services or this Agreement.
- Access Limits
Without the prior consent of Huntsville Car Scene.com, you may not
- use any automated means to access the site or collect any information from the Huntsville Car Scene.com website (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts), or
- frame the site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages, or
- use the name Huntsville Car Scene, Huntsville Car Scene.com, hsv.streetracing.org, or any of the logos or graphics from Huntsville Car Scene.com or hsv.streetracing.org.
- Services, Fees and Charges
Huntsville Car Scene.com reserves the right to modify the services offered by Huntsville Car Scene.com from time to time, with or without notice, including the right to terminate such services. Huntsville Car Scene.com reserves the right to charge any fees for use or participation in Huntsville Car Scene.com. At present, however, Huntsville Car Scene.com does not charge any fees for participation.
Huntsville Car Scene.com reserves the right to amend any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. Such amended terms and conditions shall be effective when posted at the Huntsville Car Scene.com website.
Huntsville Car Scene.com may assign this Agreement, or any rights or obligations hereunder, (by operation of law or otherwise) without the prior written consent of its members. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of, and be binding on, permitted assigns and successors of Huntsville Car Scene.com.
Huntsville Car Scene.com reserves the right to terminate your use of Huntsville Car Scene.com at anytime, with or without notice. Following termination, at its sole option, Huntsville Car Scene.com may remove some or all of your Messages from the Huntsville Car Scene.com website or leave it available for public review, without need of notice or approval from you. You have the right to terminate your account at any time by contacting Huntsville Car Scene.com via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Governing Law and Venue
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama of the United States of America. In the event of any litigation or arbitration arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, the parties consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in the State of Alabama in the United States of America.