Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   All Hondas Meet (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=1315)

respect'89 August 24th 11:37 AM

All Hondas Meet

Hi there I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted everybody to know that I'm trying to get togehter all the Hondas in this area for a meet. I already started a thread on hsvracing, but not too much luck there. Anyhow, just wanted to know who is interested and also when and where everybody wants to have it.

PS I know my english is not that perfect, sorry.

CADster August 24th 11:53 AM

just bring your honda to the HCS cruise in.
its free and there are always a few hondas
to hang with.

what kind of honda do you have ?
i have two 3rd gen preludes.

respect'89 August 24th 12:09 PM

The Cruise in, when and where is that?

I drive a 1993 Honda Civic 4dr, and I actually would like to have a meet, I saw the thread a bout the prelude club, so we might be able to get a lot more people together.

ludeamister August 24th 12:17 PM

im down for whatever... im pretty much screwed on weekends i work only weekends and work like all day long all 3 days so i could do something weekday but no one else can... you know why dont we like meet at the dq cruise in its like in a week or two and just talk there or something i dunno... i dunno if ill like an all honda meet some civics in this area really make me mad...most of them are my age though and i doubt theyd come to something like that so i dunno

respect'89 August 24th 12:28 PM

Yeah, some Hondas in this area are a little bit too, how to say it, clownish. My self I like (own) a clean, OEM and JDM upgraded car. The reason I wanted to have a meet is to meet new , almost all Honda heads around here, I'm not in a car club and I just want to talk Hondas, chill, exchange stories, parts help one onther. I do not know, maybe I'm asking too much.

CADster August 24th 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by respect'89
I just want to talk Hondas, chill, exchange stories, parts help one onther. I do not know, maybe I'm asking too much.

ive been saying this for weeks.

just get together and talk cars.

@ludeamister - you made the last friday meet.

would would, or would not be down for another ?

ludeamister August 24th 04:00 PM

i have work... the last friday was before school started as soon as school started by schedule changed to work 5-12 friday sat usually 4-12 or somewhere around there and sunday 11-7 and thats all i work all week long... just episoble short of meeting at publix on my break lol and thats not happening

im all for meeting its just hard for me to do it until next semester i think imma drop some classes and duel enroll so i go to school half a day and take like one college class

respect'89 August 24th 04:19 PM

Well lets see first who is interested in the meet, and then we can decide on a date and time. Saturday morning would be OK with you?

JayKnight August 24th 04:52 PM

Hey man, if you get enough interest I will come down. CADster can vouch for my COOLNESS LEVEL. I am always looking to meet new peeps. No matter how far the drive is. For real, just ask CADster....he will tell you.

But for me, it has to be a weekend thing, I live too far to be hanging out on a School Night !!! LOL LOL LOL I mean week night !

Samir August 24th 04:53 PM

For a first time meet, I'd suggest to do it at another event such as an autocross, car show, etc. That's always good as a start, and there's something to do there too.

accordingly_tuned August 24th 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir
For a first time meet, I'd suggest to do it at another event such as an autocross, car show, etc. That's always good as a start, and there's something to do there too.

Yup, definitely a good idea.

On the other hand, having an informal type of meet that everyone could make it to would be nice as well.

ludeamister August 24th 05:58 PM

ill be at teh dq cruise in and i could make a sat morning but that means i have to get up early :P i really dont know my schedule until fridays but i usually guess right because im only availible 3 days and they try to work me those three days and some... yes jay drives far i think he should just move to madison gahh hes on a huntsville car forum, hes all the time down here, and i dunno... Its a shame i didnt get to see ur lude except pics looked clean... autocross so many people have asked me to go but i probably wont be making it out until a holiday or something.

and anyways im just one person and ive meet jay, matt, todd, forest, samir, and a few other ludes (well samir doesnt have one but ill include him ;) ) so i mean ive meet most of them if i cant make it and everyone else can then do that i mean its not that big im going to see you at an event sooner or later. My schedule is bad because everyone works weekdays and does stuff weekends well i have school weekdays then work weekends... so whatver

Munchie August 25th 09:25 AM

Well If you put this thing together and let me know, I can bring a substantial about of honda's, between me and my closest friends we have 6 hatch's, 3 coupes, 1 four door, 2 5th gen Preludes, a delsol, and an accord.lol not saying I can get all of them to come, but most will if it is a weekend afternoon or night.

respect'89 August 25th 08:05 PM

A week-end afternoon works best for me, I know that on September 16th, my fiance, my step-daughter and I we're going to a pow-wow. On October 7th I'm we are going to see the Bama game vs. Duke. So any week-end between September 16th and October 7th will work. Let me know you input, if not I'll just choose a date. Thank you.

cobaltracer August 25th 09:06 PM

Welcome

Sorry for the late Welcome in respect`89, Been kinda Hetic round here lately but welcome in HCS, You should enjoy it, Samir is fantastic honest guy not to mention hard working to keep this site going

JayKnight August 25th 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by respect'89
A week-end afternoon works best for me, I know that on September 16th, my fiance, my step-daughter and I we're going to a pow-wow. On October 7th I'm we are going to see the Bama game vs. Duke. So any week-end between September 16th and October 7th will work. Let me know you input, if not I'll just choose a date. Thank you.

I am pretty sure the weekend of Sept 16-17 is out of the question.....one word can explain why >>>>>NOPI<<<<< that about sums that up ! But I am sure someting will be arranged to get a meet going.

ludeamister August 26th 06:57 PM

my bday is the 15th i debated on getting off and going to nopi but o well i dont know what to expect so im just do something with my friends or something i dunno... dq cruise in is the next event and it will probably be here before we decide on a date... just have as many people as possible go to the dq cruise in its on a weds night and also make a meeting so jay can come and meet up too because weekday driving 4 hours there and back isnt worth it. Peoples schedules are all messed up i think we should make a date on a weekend and try to all go to the dq cruise in. That way everyone could meet new people but may not meet them all. i know me and cadster will probably be at the dq cruise in no matter what and same with munchie although i dont really know him i think he has a bagged hatch?

Anyways i think we should try to boost attendance at these cruise-ins by getting other hondas or whatever involved. Samir has even been bringing his accord so he can join this club i guess :P im trying to spread huntsvillecarscene to people at bob jones that do stuff to there cars but dont know about car shows and etc.

Samir if you wanna like do a show at bob jones i could probably get us up their and it should get quiet a bit of bob jones students to show off there cars and you could market the website or something through that.

Samir August 27th 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludeamister
Samir if you wanna like do a show at bob jones i could probably get us up their and it should get quiet a bit of bob jones students to show off there cars and you could market the website or something through that.

I tell you what, if Bob Jones has a photography class, I wouldn't mind talking to the students about what it's like from the photography side of HCS. I think it would be a great way to cause some buzz in the school and also inspire some talented young people to reach for the stars.

ludeamister August 27th 06:46 PM

i dont think they have photography. I think they have newspaper or something like that and yearbook but me and that teacher dont get along lol. i could probably get you in law & society but thats not really what u wanted lol. i dunno let me make sure theres not a photo class or something really close like an art class that deals with photos or something. i might be able to see if you like could take some pics of some event with them like payin gyou some and you putting the hcs logo in the bottom but im not sure if i can pull something like that...

anyways im up for a meet whenever i get off work fri at 10 right now but there asking to get me to push it back so i can meet some then and i think sat ill work an earlier shift then normal i dunno and next week is that car show isnt it?

Samir August 27th 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludeamister
i dont think they have photography. I think they have newspaper or something like that and yearbook but me and that teacher dont get along lol. i could probably get you in law & society but thats not really what u wanted lol. i dunno let me make sure theres not a photo class or something really close like an art class that deals with photos or something. i might be able to see if you like could take some pics of some event with them like payin gyou some and you putting the hcs logo in the bottom but im not sure if i can pull something like that...

See what you can do if there is a photography class. Other than that don't worry about it. I'm not a photographer and would hate to do event photography if it wasn't for the cars and bikes. :D