Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   What things have "haters" done to your ride? (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=5704)

1 BAD Z March 12th 06:21 AM

What things have "haters" done to your ride?

I know having a nice cars gets it's thumbs up and thumbs down from everyone. What kind of negative feedback have you gotten from haters?

Personally, my most common ones are when I park in the back of the parking lot and I come out to a couple cars or trucks parked right next to mine. I didn't have a dent in my Z when I bought it but now I have countless door dings.

Also, my wife had to drive my Z last week to get the oil changed and said she never experienced such aggressive driving towards her. People cut her off more, tail gated and generally acted a food around her in the Z. Which she made clear never happens when she is in the 4Runner.

What has happened to you?

Minichado March 12th 06:53 AM

Guys at the oil change place wanted to make fun of me for auto X'ing my Fit...

I just told em it was easy to make a fool with lots of horsepower and no control, and that rocking and rolling on that suspension was a hell of a sight :P

And someone called me ricer once... I don't even put crap on my car!

NiTeZ March 12th 08:22 AM

Been called a ricer on more then one account. Then they get all upset when this "ricer" rolls till he hits 3rd and blows past them lol. Had more then one time people tried to run me, that is funny cause I just take off normally and they look back like they did something. I had 2 people actually hit their flashers after 30 ft lol. Then ofc I had the dbag in the truck ran me into someone. So yeah haters love me but I love them too ;). With out haters we would not have any body to criticize our work.

jymor March 12th 08:26 AM

I get tailgated a lot, like this morning driving out of my neighborhood. I just pulled over and let the SUV driver pass since they seemed to be pressed for time. :rolleyes: And it seems to be some kind of victory to get around me just to turn off at the next light.

EvilZ March 12th 09:04 AM

Been keyed.........that was hands down the worst.

AirItOut March 12th 09:08 AM

I get thumb ups all the time but ... I think this could be the reason...

Uhhhh not the way its sitting in the picture. I was being silly. I couldn't find another pic of the tag. haha

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...03100608_n.jpg

BigTyla March 12th 10:07 AM

In my Z and my 3000GT I would always park away from everyone and come back with cars parked all around me.

When I was in high school someone egged my 3000GT. Thankfully I caught it right as it happened and was able to wash and wax it immediately.

Samir March 12th 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z (Post 65950)
Personally, my most common ones are when I park in the back of the parking lot and I come out to a couple cars or trucks parked right next to mine. I didn't have a dent in my Z when I bought it but now I have countless door dings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minichado (Post 65952)
Guys at the oil change place wanted to make fun of me for auto X'ing my Fit...

How silly. I bet they couldn't beat you in their cars. :eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jymor (Post 65962)
I get tailgated a lot, like this morning driving out of my neighborhood. I just pulled over and let the SUV driver pass since they seemed to be pressed for time. :rolleyes: And it seems to be some kind of victory to get around me just to turn off at the next light.

I've had this happen a few times. What I've realized over the years is that if someone needs to go that badly, there's got to be a good reason, so I get out of their way. The passing just to turn thing just makes me laugh now. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirItOut (Post 65969)
I get thumb ups all the time but ... I think this could be the reason...

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTyla (Post 65977)
In my Z and my 3000GT I would always park away from everyone and come back with cars parked all around me.

I guess this is whole 'wash it and then it rains' syndrome as it seems to happen to all of us. You could park on the moon, and then a moon lander would park right beside you, lol.

1 BAD Z March 12th 12:30 PM

The tailgating thing kills me. I get that every morning down Moore's Mill now. The speed limit is 45 and I do between 48-52 typically. Every morning I have someone catch me and stay there. I try to stay consistent on my speed so they don't think I'm just slowing down on purpose. What gets me is that they will stay there even when we get to parts that they CAN pass me. That's when I really get irritated and drop to about 35...

Countless and I mean COUNTLESS (yes all caps) of times, I have parked in the back of a parking lot to come out to some POS parked right next to me and still... no one else around. Why can't people just leave each other alone?

Beckham March 12th 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z (Post 66030)
Countless and I mean COUNTLESS (yes all caps) of times, I have parked in the back of a parking lot to come out to some POS parked right next to me and still... no one else around. Why can't people just leave each other alone?

Usually if I see a nice car parked in the back of a lot, I'll park by them (not directly beside) because I also usually park in the back of a lot and because I know they're not going to hit my car if they park far away.

Samir March 12th 12:39 PM

Quote:

The tailgating thing kills me. I get that every morning down Moore's Mill now. The speed limit is 45 and I do between 48-52 typically. Every morning I have someone catch me and stay there. I try to stay consistent on my speed so they don't think I'm just slowing down on purpose. What gets me is that they will stay there even when we get to parts that they CAN pass me. That's when I really get irritated and drop to about 35...

It irritates me quite a bit to see people driving above the speed limit these days. There's a section on 72 that is 35, and I get passed by people doing 60. And I'm the one that's a target for going to jail with my next ticket. Figures. I want photo radar installed everywhere and hundreds of thousands of tickets going out each month. Then the playing field is level again. :D
Quote:

Wilson told me a story about someone dinging his door on one of his previous cars, and then just saying, "it's just a car." I think this personifies the difference--to most people, these are just pieces of metal that move them around. To us, it's something more.

It's why I want to create a 'car enthusiast city', where things like door dings are punishable, all the roads are designed for cars with 2" of ground clearance, and the whole city is build for cruising and meets. It would be awesome!

jymor March 12th 12:39 PM

Quote:

I don't understand the tailgating either. Doesn't make me drive any faster. And I am not going to drive any faster through the neighborhood with people walking/running and kids playing.

1 BAD Z March 12th 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckham (Post 66032)
Usually if I see a nice car parked in the back of a lot, I'll park by them (not directly beside) because I also usually park in the back of a lot and because I know they're not going to hit my car if they park far away.

If I come out to another nice car next to mine, then I just think it's car guys parking together to look cool. I'm down with that cause I'll park next to other Zs or nice cars I find. I more mean like a busted stock 1995 Ford Explorer or a 1988 Toyota Corolla that can't find 3 of it's hubcaps lol

Beckham March 12th 12:41 PM

The only time I get irritated with someone in front of me is on 565 or an interstate when the person is going well under the speed limit in the LEFT lane. So frustrating.

1 BAD Z March 12th 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir (Post 66037)
Wilson told me a story about someone dinging his door on one of his previous cars, and then just saying, "it's just a car." I think this personifies the difference--to most people, these are just pieces of metal that move them around. To us, it's something more.

Yeah but it's still respect of people's personaly property. I wouldn't scratch someone else's phone or spray paint their house or hit a ball through their house window and just go "oh, it's just a phone, wood and glass." No one wants their stuff messed up from their shoes to their homes.

But it's the point of parking away from these idiots who don't pay that attention to come find that person who is obviously just being a jerk parking next to you to be just that... a jerk. I need to start carrying around a piece of paper and writing a thank you note everytime this happens...

1 BAD Z March 12th 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jymor (Post 66038)
I don't understand the tailgating either. Doesn't make me drive any faster. And I am not going to drive any faster through the neighborhood with people walking/running and kids playing.

Amen to that. I wonder if it's a coincidence that today and Friday is was raised up trucks tailgating me? Big trucks don't intimidate me at all. Guess they think they can do that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckham (Post 66040)
The only time I get irritated with someone in front of me is on 565 or an interstate when the person is going well under the speed limit in the LEFT lane. So frustrating.

God, so true! That is not the cruise lane. It's a passing lane... move over!

Samir March 12th 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckham (Post 66040)

And they are typically on their phone. I usually get in the some slow traffic if I'm on the phone so I'm not this guy. :)

Samir March 12th 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z (Post 66041)
Yeah but it's still respect of people's personaly property. I wouldn't scratch someone else's phone or spray paint their house or hit a ball through their house window and just go "oh, it's just a phone, wood and glass." No one wants their stuff messed up from their shoes to their homes.

But it's the point of parking away from these idiots who don't pay that attention to come find that person who is obviously just being a jerk parking next to you to be just that... a jerk. I need to start carrying around a piece of paper and writing a thank you note everytime this happens...

Because this is damage of personal property that does cost hundreds of dollars to fix, you can file a police report. But even the cops will look at you like you're too picky. And if the law won't help you, well, then it's time to take things into your own hands. But that in itself is a really slippery slope...

Samir March 12th 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z (Post 66042)
That is not the cruise lane. It's a passing lane... move over!

In Germany, you get fines for this. Too bad we don't have enforcement of these types of violations, just speed. I'd like to see tickets issued for no signals being used. I've seen too many near accidents happen because of this and yet it goes unpunished...

1 BAD Z March 12th 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir (Post 66047)
Because this is damage of personal property that does cost hundreds of dollars to fix, you can file a police report. But even the cops will look at you like you're too picky. And if the law won't help you, well, then it's time to take things into your own hands. But that in itself is a really slippery slope...

Agreed. We went to see the Fast Five movie on opening night in Huntsville. Well my buddy brought his Evo and we had two Z's and parked in the faaaar back of the parking lot only to come out two a big jacked up Z71 truck and a PT Cruiser parked over the lines toward the cars. All of us really considered beating the crap of that truck and... whatever a PT cruiser is... but figured it wasn't worth it. I did really consider a knife or a pen to let the air out of their tires after that night...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir (Post 66048)
In Germany, you get fines for this. Too bad we don't have enforcement of these types of violations, just speed. I'd like to see tickets issued for no signals being used. I've seen too many near accidents happen because of this and yet it goes unpunished...

Agreed.