Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   All Hondas Meet (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=1315)

Samir September 23rd 09:17 PM

Pics posted!
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2006-9-23&c=1

CADster September 23rd 10:24 PM

i just want to really thank everyone who braved the rain and came. it was very cool that the entire time of this meet had NO RAIN. got to love weather in the BAM !!!

i admit i was feeling a bit down at 11:30am. respect and my family were standing under a cover with it pouring down on our cars. i felt a lot better when samir showed.... that meant alot, that shows faith and dedication. within an hour of him showing we had a few cars. by 2:00 pm we had a good meet going on.

we are doing this again... very soon. we are getting new flyers made with a date tenativly set late oct/early nov. we belive having it on a sunday will work better and be easier for more people to come.

it will be real this time. the awards were not given only because the numbers were not there to be competive.

thanks again to everyone who showed. and a special thanks to munchie for the entertainment.. my son loved it !!!!

honda meet huntsville is only going to get bigger !!!

Samir September 23rd 10:42 PM

Thank you and respect for putting this together. Not many people know the type of time, dedication, and finances that go into events like this. :)

I'm glad to have been a part of it. Without the pressure of covering other events and the close proximity to home, it felt like the old days when I didn't even have HCS and I was just another car nut. :D

ludeamister September 24th 06:15 PM

yea imma tune mine then get it fine tuned from track or someone i dunno yet.... ill try and tell my friends about it but not to many hondas out there at my school. anyways include me on the next one making it ill be happy to help pay drinks and if we need a sound system ive got some jbl concert speakers and an amp if it gets big enough to have music just need a truck to bring them or somethin

CADster September 24th 07:51 PM

yea.. i thought about getting a PA system for the next meet.

and the wife is already looking into getting one of those cover tent things.
and getting a banner.. something kinda big (2'x6' for example). if it only says HONDA MEET with no date/year/etc., we will be able to use it year after year.

ran into samir today at the monkey place (forgot real name). that place has a lot of style and may work for a meet. dont know yet, but am planning on looking into that. but im pretty confident this years honda meet (the real one) will be at the same place... for this year at least.

its funny how often we run into each other now..well, i always ran into him... we just never 'met' untill the FF3 premiere.

Samir September 24th 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADster
ran into samir today at the monkey place (forgot real name). that place has a lot of style and may work for a meet. dont know yet, but am planning on looking into that. but im pretty confident this years honda meet (the real one) will be at the same place... for this year at least.

Flying Monkey Arts Center (I don't even want to know how they got the name.) Interesting and colorful place, isn't it?
Quote:

its funny how often we run into each other now..well, i always ran into him... we just never 'met' untill the FF3 premiere.

Small world for us in the car world. :)

respect'89 September 25th 08:14 AM

I know I'm late, but I want to thank everyone that showed up despite the weather. Cadster and I will decide on the new date and update you as we go.

MYLOTOY September 25th 10:34 AM

When you set the new date I will make sure it gets passed arround our club. I mentioned it on Sunday at our meeting and some guys were pissed cause they didn't know about it. Thanks to Samir for being my interpreter at the meet cause I don't know anything about the import scene.

CADster September 25th 10:40 AM

oh man, please tell them not to be upset.

they in NO WAY were left out of the loop or omitted from this meet.

we had flyers and the date was on HCS event calendar for a few weeks. it was just a simple meet untill a week before the date. respect'89 and myself decided to step it up a little.... make it more enjoyable for everyone, not just a 4 hour hang-out.

between big spring jam and the weather ANY turn out was most welcomed. thanks again to everyone who did show.

but yes.. we are having this for real and it will be in a few weeks (late oct/early nov.) respect'89 and myself need to meet and finalize a new date.
all awards and plaques are made and will be given. we did not give them out last weekend ONLY becasue of the low turnout.

i think everyone would rather compete for a award instead of just being given one because they were the only car in that class.

everyone feels a Sunday would be better. we just need to find a weekend that not already booked up.

everything will still be free

CADster September 25th 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir
Flying Monkey Arts Center (I don't even want to know how they got the name.)

i think its from the wizard of oz.

but thats just a guess.

JayKnight September 25th 05:03 PM

Quote:

yea.. i thought about getting a PA system for the next meet.

and the wife is already looking into getting one of those cover tent things.
and getting a banner.. something kinda big (2'x6' for example). if it only says HONDA MEET with no date/year/etc., we will be able to use it year after year.

Hey man hit me up...I will be more than happy to make up a banner for the meets. Just give me some notice so I can get it going. At least 2-3 weeks. That way I will have time to get on the PC at work and put something together.

Sorry I meesed it, but you can read why on PreludePower. I also posted there.

CADster September 25th 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayKnight
Sorry I meesed it, but you can read why on PreludePower. I also posted there.

i did, and its cool.. your coming from the nooga anyway, so anytime you can make it its great. :)

and ill get with you on a banner.

ludeamister September 25th 08:02 PM

yea ive got a lil tent thing we got for free like a 8X8 i dunno something like that... dude a new s2000 hit me today so having to get a rental and new rear bumper put in.... :/ o well as long as i get it back in time to install the ecu i guess ill be happy :(...anyways im good with the pa if u need one sounds great i love them to death and have a tent too if u want to use those i just need a truck to get them over there i might be able to use our tahoe in several trips but ill need help no matter what if u want to use any of it... i live about 3 mins away so its not a long drive either just each speaker is 98lbs i think is the offical weight

CADster September 25th 08:05 PM

haha.. ive got the truck. but we aint rocking joe davis stadium LOL
do you also need a trailer still ?

we just need to get together on this trailer, its not mine, but i can use it... that means you call me when you need it... like the day before you need it ;)

bogie and i talked tonight. we are planning on having this meet the first weekend in Nov.

like Nov. 5th. this is a Sunday. nothing really happening in the event calender for that day.

im getting a farmers almanac tomorrow and checking what the weather is going to be. the FA web site dont go into Nov. weather.

ludeamister September 25th 08:22 PM

i dunno^ i just put in my 2 weeks so the 240 is done on my list my jdm tranny+clutch+flywheel+bottle='s my next buy and itll probably be before summer and install summer ro spring break... i gotta find a new job... 240 ill do in college and im pretty sure imma sc my lude i was looking at how i would make a custom bracket and i found the perfect place for it all and ill probably build one around 500+ injectors, fuel pump, and regulator probably be around 1k for that so im looking at putting 2.5k into the lude to get around 250+whp off bottle and 275whp on but i dont think ill spray without new internals after i sc... but i dunno i change my mind so much

Impala_style September 25th 08:55 PM

Well that sucks, thats the day I became a Honda owner!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA wish I would have went now,,,,,,,,,,Nice pictures, looks like a good turn out!

CADster September 25th 09:41 PM

all are welcomed...

even if you dont have a honda/teg
its a fun meet with free drinks, nice weather, good people.

awwww... how cute :D LOL

ludeamister September 26th 06:03 AM

the family is growing we got one more now... we just needed like 20 cars for it to be a real decent show where you couldve had trophies handed out.we were missing quiet a bit of pppl that have hondas and probably wouldve come like cory and his gf, jay, matt, and thats all i can think of bc there preludes

MugenRios2k September 26th 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludeamister
dude a new s2000 hit me today

:(
sorry about that was most likely some1 I know.

sorry guys could not make the show to much stuff going on with a new possible partial sponsorship from Boston Acoustics.

All ready starting to get ready for next year's NOPI. :D

respect'89 September 26th 09:10 AM

Just to let eveyone know there is a Honda-Tech meet in Nashville, on October 21st and 22nd. I might go, but not sure yet. So besides November 5th, what other dates do other peolple preffer?