Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Huntsville Cars and Coffee (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=8393)

jeallen March 31st 06:49 PM

Huntsville Cars and Coffee

Saturday April 5, 2014 0730-1000 Books A Million Parking Lot, North Parkway and University Drive.

Books a Million will be opening up to serve coffee so please patronize them.

No burnouts, no racing in the lot, ALL cars are welcome, sports cars, competition, Street rod, Drag, old school cruisers, low riders whatever.

Come have a cup, mingle with other gearheads and check out the cars.

Sponsored by the Tennessee Valley Region of the Sports Car Club of America with special thanks to Twickenham Auto Club celebrating its 60th birthday.

Security provided by Huntsville Police Department. Scofflaws will be asked to leave and not come back. Don't ruin it for the rest of us. Save the racing for the autox or track events.

Tip of the hat to Yellowhammer, he knows why..........

Please spread the word on the other local boards. I hope to make this a monthly event, first Saturday of the month and yes, I know there will be conflicts.

slowjoe24 April 1st 10:54 AM

NICE!!!!

b.a.king April 1st 10:35 PM

Great idea great location! would love to have one of these in the lot next to kryspy kreme. but have been told the owner of the property is very hard to deal with.

RotaryPowered April 2nd 08:55 AM

Why cant it be on sunday?! NOOOOO! Maybe I can make it in the morning and leave at 930 or something I hate work sometimes.

gorkoracing April 4th 07:04 AM

I'll be there

EvilZ April 4th 07:43 AM

Going to stop by for a few minutes. Not sure what time we are leaving for Steele tomorrow but I'd like to drop by this and the asbury show as well.

greydelta38 April 4th 10:57 AM

This and Madison later tomorrow night will be my last meet until after I swap motors, can't wait to see you guys out there!

RotaryPowered April 4th 11:10 AM

Whats going on in Madison greydelta38?

greydelta38 April 4th 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotaryPowered (Post 89468)
Whats going on in Madison greydelta38?

Every saturday there's a meet out in Madison on the highway in the parking lot of what used to be a Southern Family Markets, it's a Planet Fitness now.

RotaryPowered April 4th 11:24 AM

Ahh yeah Ive heard about that from some buddies. Good turn outs? How late do yall stay?

Might drop by after work.

EvilZ April 4th 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotaryPowered (Post 89471)
Ahh yeah Ive heard about that from some buddies. Good turn outs? How late do yall stay?

Might drop by after work.

#newstaples

Personally that place has gone WAY down hill or maybe I'm just getting old.

RotaryPowered April 4th 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ (Post 89473)
#newstaples

Haha too much rice?

EvilZ April 4th 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotaryPowered (Post 89475)
Haha too much rice?

The type of cars have zero to do with it. To many idiots.

RotaryPowered April 4th 11:57 AM

"Letz do skidz and burnouts guise!" kind of people, or "your car looks terrible, ur gay" kind of people? haha

EvilZ April 4th 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotaryPowered (Post 89477)
"Letz do skidz and burnouts guise!" kind of people, or "your car looks terrible, ur gay" kind of people? haha

Pretty much. If you don't know a Toyota Supra is turboed or what motor comes in a Viper I just really don't think we'll have much in common.

Back on topic I'm looking forward to this event and hope you guys have a good turn out!

greydelta38 April 4th 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ (Post 89473)
#newstaples

No, you're right. It has gone downhill. There are alot of idiots. But there are also some cool guys out there that know what the hell they're talking about.

greydelta38 April 4th 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ (Post 89478)
Pretty much. If you don't know a Toyota Supra is turboed or what motor comes in a Viper I just really don't think we'll have much in common.

Back on topic I'm looking forward to this event and hope you guys have a good turn out!

And just for the record some Supras don't come turbo :p

EvilZ April 4th 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greydelta38 (Post 89480)
And just for the record some Supras don't come turbo :p

I had no clue...........(sarcasm)

The exact comment was someone saw the tag on a friends car that said 802 hp and said it HAD to be super charged. I don't consider my wife a car person but she knows her fair share just from being around me and our friends and if she knows the answer someone that is a "car person" should know.

EvilZ April 4th 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greydelta38 (Post 89479)
No, you're right. It has gone downhill. There are alot of idiots. But there are also some cool guys out there that know what the #$@% they're talking about.

I'm sure there are I just can't seem to find many that I don't already know.

greydelta38 April 4th 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ (Post 89481)
I had no clue...........(sarcasm)

The exact comment was someone saw the tag on a friends car that said 802 hp and said it HAD to be super charged. I don't consider my wife a car person but she knows her fair share just from being around me and our friends and if she knows the answer someone that is a "car person" should know.

:rolleyes:
......supercharged?

Well some people go out there just to look and don't necessarily know about them. Gotta start somewhere I guess.