Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Madison Cruise-In Rat Rods & Classics (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=3365)

boots 55 October 4th 06:27 PM

Madison Cruise-In Rat Rods & Classics
 
I got owner permission to start a small cruisein at the Jet Pep on Hwy 72 in Madison next to KFC. All he ask was that the pumps and entrance not be blocked, no trash in the parking lot. its not a very big spot but may hold 25-30 vehicles, 6 of us met there last Wednesday night and had a few spectators, if its a success i may be able to secure Discovery Middle School parking lot (hughes rd) if more rods start showing up. We can cruise the 1st and last Wednesday night of the month till its to cold. All thoughts and comments are welcome!

<embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID=14083498&AlbumKey=eTQhT&cap tions=false&clickToImage=true&transparent=true&cro ssFadeSpeed=500&showThumbs=false&showButtons=false &showLogo=false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" height="450" width="600"></embed>
Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.


This was the first cruise-in in a long time that felt like the old Dairy Queen cruise-ins that used to take place the first Wednesday of every month. And others must have felt it too as people stopped by and visited or ended up in conversation while out to get gas.

Jerry was the first to show up to this inaugural event and boots was actually last, lol. And I got there before Jerry and shot nice cars in traffic as they zoomed by, so I guess technically I was there first, lol.

Everyone had a great time and are looking forward to doing it every first and last Wednesday of the month, so put it down on your calendar. :) I know I'm putting it on mine. -- Samir

Outlaw77lt October 4th 06:51 PM

I may try to make this one

Samir October 4th 07:03 PM

Thank you for the post! I changed the dates to make it a recurrent event on the first and last Wednesday. :) Sounds like a great little place to cruise-in. If it gets bigger, I also know of a large parking lot that may be available and is close by.

EvilZ October 4th 07:45 PM

All the HSV guys will be at Lenny's sub's. Rob got us coupons for a buy one get on free. I'm pretty sure that's just right down the road.

Samir October 4th 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ51 (Post 37087)
All the HSV guys will be at Lenny's sub's. Rob got us coupons for a buy one get on free. I'm pretty sure that's just right down the road.

Yeah, but I think these are two different crowds. The hsvracing crowd has always been about getting a bit crazy, which these guys probably have a different idea of crazy. But who knows, maybe this will be the start of something completely new. :cool: I know of a venue close by that could hold 100+ if everything gets unified again. I'd like to see that happen, but it takes getting everyone on the same page, which is difficult to say the least when the demographic spans up to 4 decades.

EvilZ October 4th 08:26 PM

How crazy can it get at a sandwich shop???????? This is the reason we moved away from the sports bar.

Samir October 4th 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ51 (Post 37095)
How crazy can it get at a sandwich shop???????? This is the reason we moved away from the sports bar.

I don't know, but it's that type of reasoning that simply won't keep trouble at bay. If you simply change the venue, and the people and atmosphere are still conducive to trouble, then trouble will still ensue.

Mediarocker October 4th 09:18 PM

Are some slightly tuned imports allowed? :D

Samir October 4th 09:21 PM

I'd call the contact number and find out. :) My guess is they won't mind.

Mediarocker October 4th 09:37 PM

Will do.

twisted metal October 5th 06:41 AM

just respect the wishes of the owner ,lets all try to behave and keep the cruz going.

EvilZ October 5th 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir (Post 37096)
I don't know, but it's that type of reasoning that simply won't keep trouble at bay. If you simply change the venue, and the people and atmosphere are still conducive to trouble, then trouble will still ensue.

I'm very confused as to what you mean by trouble???? I don't think I've seen anyone do anything stupid at any of the meets other then burnouts but the owner and manager even came out and approved.....it's not like we've ever gotten kicked out of anywhere.

Just figured I'd mention it...........guess us "wild crazy idiots" will continue to do our own thing.

Samir October 5th 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ51 (Post 37117)
I'm very confused as to what you mean by trouble????

Oh, I just meant what you did, the craziness. My point was that the venue won't change the attitude.

I like to see everyone together as the diversity makes it a lot more interesting, and I am always up for that as long as everyone can stay on the same page. :) That's where the challenge is--and as organizers of events, you and I know how hard that challenge can be.

clintjohns October 5th 09:08 AM

sounds good to me -

boots 55 October 5th 09:14 AM

craziness and burnouts? lets just have a nice night without any risk of being told not to come back, anyone doing burnouts will be ask to leave, or we all may have to leave! LETS KEEP IT COOL

Samir October 5th 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boots 55 (Post 37129)
craziness and burnouts? lets just have a nice night without any risk of being told not to come back, anyone doing burnouts will be ask to leave, or we all may have to leave! LETS KEEP IT COOL

Exactly. :) A traditional cruise-in with good camaraderie with like-minded folks.

EvilZ October 5th 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boots 55 (Post 37129)
craziness and burnouts? lets just have a nice night without any risk of being told not to come back, anyone doing burnouts will be ask to leave, or we all may have to leave! LETS KEEP IT COOL

When did I say anything about us doing burnout there????? I was talking about another event where we were given permission to do a burnout. I am not some idiot hell raising kid..........I know when to behave and when to act stupid as do most of the people I assocaite with. However you guys have your fun and we'll have ours.........I'd hate to make people mad :mad:

The idea of having everyone in a central location is dead. Things have changed and I'm tired of trying to make it happen. No matter where I go there are tons of "clicks" and even if you do get everyone in the same place these will still exsist!!!!!!

Lastly I'll say this the HSV Racing group is very very tame compared to a certain car club in town that is causing more issues at every event or hang out i see them at.

twisted metal October 5th 10:11 AM

lets all have a coke and a smile, it is free event if you choose to show up and hangout cool if if you choose not to cool, i think this goes for everybody not just one club or person, lets not kill it before it gets started.

Samir October 5th 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ51 (Post 37135)
When did I say anything about us doing burnout there????? I was talking about another event where we were given permission to do a burnout. I am not some idiot hell raising kid..........I know when to behave and when to act stupid as do most of the people I assocaite with. However you guys have your fun and we'll have ours.........I'd hate to make people mad :mad:

I don't think this was directed at you in any way. I know you, and I know we're on the same page. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ51 (Post 37135)
The idea of having everyone in a central location is dead. Things have changed and I'm tired of trying to make it happen. No matter where I go there are tons of "clicks" and even if you do get everyone in the same place these will still exsist!!!!!!

I don't think the idea will ever die. Because if it did, sites like this one and people like you and me would get really bored really quick. I know your frustration better than anyone on trying to get people together. There's 20+ organizations in this town that don't even talk to each other when planning major events, moreless work together. You and I can see the potential fun in bringing everything together. And that's why we're visionaries--because not everyone can see it. :) There will always be different groups because people are different. But that doesn't mean that a common interest, such as our enthusiasm for whatever we drive/ride, can't unite us for one or two nights a month. :cool:
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ51 (Post 37135)
Lastly I'll say this the HSV Racing group is very very tame compared to a certain car club in town that is causing more issues at every event or hang out i see them at.

Interesting. I haven't been out much, and I'm almost glad now. I can see why you're frustrated if you've been dealing with stuff like this lately. :(

clintjohns October 5th 10:19 AM

ill swing by for a while wed. night. Hey the way i see it if somebody is acting a fool, then that person needs to be removed from the venue. It dosn't matter if they are driving a ricer or a muscle or a rat. I would love to see everybody come out and have a good time. Some people just can't help acting stupid when there is a crowd. Like a smart man told me once. You can't fix stupid. But you can ask them to leave:D. I hope this get going again and we need to use the old southern family parking lot.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene