Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   All Hondas Meet (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=1315)

Munchie October 17th 03:50 PM

Do you have a stock in that car? if so dont do anything to it and save your money and get a swap.

respect'89 October 17th 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchie
Do you have a stock in that car? if so dont do anything to it and save your money and get a swap.

The engine is not stock anymore (header and intake pics posted on the previous page) and I also like the litlle D-series. You can easily get the same power as a stock B16 with less money. My car is a daily driver, so I enjoy my 38 mpg on the highway :), as for future plans I would like to do some Auto-X and thats about it. The bottom line is that a tune could yield some more horsepower and I can also re-tune after whatever I add to the car.

CADster October 17th 09:15 PM

thats something cool about crome.
you can get a chipped ecu and just change the chips.

or get a two timer and use a switch to change your tune.
(several programs allow this... its not just a crome thing)

accordingly_tuned October 17th 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by respect'89
The engine is not stock anymore (header and intake pics posted on the previous page) and I also like the litlle D-series. You can easily get the same power as a stock B16 with less money. My car is a daily driver, so I enjoy my 38 mpg on the highway :), as for future plans I would like to do some Auto-X and thats about it. The bottom line is that a tune could yield some more horsepower and I can also re-tune after whatever I add to the car.

Why not obtain a chipped ecu or chip your current p06 and tune by yourself? Through some research, you may be able to obtain maps that are designed for a setup similar to what you have. You could then tune, using those as a base to squeeze more power out of that D series.

You could also piggyback using an AFC like the popular Apexi S-AFC.

CADster October 18th 08:29 AM

true.. you can get a chipped ecu from xenocron.com for 175.00
thats where mine came from.

Quote:

You could also piggyback using an AFC like the popular Apexi S-AFC.
personally, i do not like these things.
i have one, and my chipped ecu was a much better solution.
this has become nothing more then eye candy for the dash now :D

respect'89 October 18th 08:40 AM

Thanks for all the replys, my plan now is to get another ECU and chip it myself and than go to a local shop and have it tuned.
CADster: I do remember you telling me that the Apexi controller doesn't help much.

ludeamister October 18th 08:47 PM

standalone will give you a better afr and alil more power. It should smooth out the curve on about everything. youll get most of the power from tuning your ignition not afr tahts why vafc arent really that great. you can also change vtec engagement etc but you must have a manual.

CADster October 24th 09:26 AM

BUMP.

getting this back to the top.

remember it is this Sunday (Oct. 29th).
weather may be a touch chilly, but it will also be sunny.

we hope to see several here be there :)

@respect89' - give me a call tonight if you have time.

B20KidDA9 October 24th 09:43 AM

Ill be there.. and maybe my manual seat belt coversion will be done then.

accordingly_tuned October 24th 02:33 PM

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/541/sawbladesqi2.jpg

I've been looking around for these for a while now and I may be able to pick these up for a good price.
I was hoping to get them on my accord before the meet, but looks like that's not going to happen :(

Anyone wanna guess which Honda year/model/trim these came off of? :)

CADster October 24th 02:36 PM

http://www.japanparts.com/shop/pic/cars/prelude.jpg
1991 JDM prelude (1992 USDM).

accordingly_tuned October 24th 02:43 PM

I knew this would be too easy for you CADster!

I think these came mostly on the 92-96 H22 equipped Preludes (vtec trim), but could also be found on the si trim.

respect'89 October 25th 04:15 PM

BUMP
More parts came in today, now I have to find the time to install them.

EM1_ October 26th 03:36 PM

hey everybody im new...im goin to try to come out if the weather is good..and acouple of people from my area (savannah, TN) are gonna try to roll out...and i think some of the guys that came to the honda-tech in nashville are gonna come to..

CADster October 26th 03:41 PM

very cool.

weather is suppose to be clear, but a little chilly.

B20KidDA9 October 28th 09:54 AM

Sweet!!! Lets see if we can get a head count by tomorrow. I definitly gonna bring some cars with me from around here. If anyone has to go through scottsboro on their way to the meet. Let me know thats on my way. We can ride as a convoy up to the meet.

CADster October 28th 12:56 PM

i will only have 1. the red lude.copper is down.
she drives, but i dont want to chance dropping a ring or something.

but i can bring some pics :D

B20KidDA9 October 28th 02:25 PM

Lol pics... for the ones who dont know what it looks like.
I got my manual seat belt coversion finished today. I love it! So be ready to see.. lol

Munchie October 29th 07:31 AM

I am in, I may be a little late, but I am only bringing half of my car. The other half is in my living room.lol

JayKnight October 29th 08:19 AM

I will also be comming through Scottsboro from TN/GA area. Feel free to drop me a line or hit me on the cell andwe can meet up and roll in together.

423-316-6743....Jeremy.
Hope it rings at least 2 times to let me know someone else ic comming.