Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Site Related Discussions (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How Often Do You Look at the Events Calendar? (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=1181)

Samir July 7th 08:35 PM

How Often Do You Look at the Events Calendar?

I was wondering this since keeping this updated is one of the toughest jobs of running HCS. Vote so I know when to concentrate the updates. :)

MADEWELL July 7th 08:47 PM

before I registerd my wife and I looked MAYBE once a week to see if there was anything interesting going on that weekend. :)

Samir July 7th 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buellfireboltxb12r
before I registerd my wife and I looked MAYBE once a week to see if there was anything interesting going on that weekend. :)

Has that changed since you registered?

MADEWELL July 7th 08:55 PM

nope......... maybe once if we can find a sitter to get out for a while.

Samir July 7th 08:57 PM

Quote:

nope......... maybe once if we can find a sitter to get out for a while.

Definitely understandable. Have you found the calendar useful? Is it a good resource?

MADEWELL July 7th 09:04 PM

no ,everything we have attended we saw on a thread. shows , FAF3 and such.

Samir July 8th 02:29 AM

Quote:

no ,everything we have attended we saw on a thread. shows , FAF3 and such.

So the calendar hasn't really been of much use to you all, has it?

HOSS429 July 8th 07:16 AM

i look at it every day cause i cant remember anything and coupemama sends emails to lots of us . very much appreciated

eassyrider July 8th 02:43 PM

I also use the calender,very helpful

whitegsteclipse July 8th 03:23 PM

it's a big help to me because not all shows have their own threads. it is also the quickest way to find what i am looking for.

EdsVette1 July 8th 06:40 PM

I use it pretty often...

I use the events calendar pretty regularly. Especially to see what is coming up 2-3 weeks down the road or more. Most events that are close by are discussed in the forums when they get close to event date but when I'm trying to plan ahead and see if anything is happening, say, 2nd Saturday of the next month or whenever, the calendar is very useful. I can see where it would be very time consuming to maintain and keep updated. I appreciate all the effort you obviously put into it, Samir, but I imagine i dont know half of what is actually involved.

JayMack75 July 8th 11:13 PM

I look mainly once at the first of the week, and then check back sometimes during the week if I think about it to see if anything else has popped up.

coupemama July 9th 07:44 AM

Calendar

Samir has asked me to help some on getting events listed. I do receive many emailed flyers from about 20+ north Alabama clubs. And there is usually at least 5 events to choose from every weekend through the entire year. If you or your club has a flyer, you are welcome to email to me and I will get posted to the events calendar as soon as I can. If no flyer, then just email all the information you can, with contact phone numbers. When I am busy at work, it may take a week or so. So please get me those flyers as soon as you can. Most like to plan their events at least a month or more in advance. My email is cms.luttrell@juno.com

See you at the events and on the roads,

Samir July 9th 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupemama
Samir has asked me to help some on getting events listed. I do receive many emailed flyers from about 20+ north Alabama clubs. And there is usually at least 5 events to choose from every weekend through the entire year. If you or your club has a flyer, you are welcome to email to me and I will get posted to the events calendar as soon as I can. If no flyer, then just email all the information you can, with contact phone numbers. When I am busy at work, it may take a week or so. So please get me those flyers as soon as you can. Most like to plan their events at least a month or more in advance. My email is cms.luttrell@juno.com

See you at the events and on the roads,

Thank you for the help Marsha! You've been a very instrumental person in helping make people aware of what's going on. :)

Baseball10x July 17th 11:17 PM

Once a Day I Have a Hard Time Remembering things.. its useful i dont know much of anywhere you can find events for many differant things

CADster July 18th 12:21 PM

i never use to look at it.

now i read it first.. before i come to the forums :)

its great.. its like those special college papers i use to see.
the ones that had all the local band gigs and whatnot.

the calander has become the most important thing at HCS.

LagoGarda July 24th 08:01 AM

Every time I logon..can't remeber chit here either

4RE GUY July 29th 09:23 PM

I check it whenever I have some extra time during a coming weekend.

By the way, I was just coming back from a trip and saw your billboard out on 565 -- impressive!

Samir July 31st 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RE GUY
I check it whenever I have some extra time during a coming weekend.

By the way, I was just coming back from a trip and saw your billboard out on 565 -- impressive!

Thank you for the financial support and sponsorship. As you can see, it goes towards some big bills!

Dusty August 2nd 03:17 PM

I look every time I get on to see what is happening the next weekend.