Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Do You Think Huntsville Can Support Large Scale Events? (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=1232)

Samir July 26th 03:19 PM

Do You Think Huntsville Can Support Large Scale Events?

I've been wondering this myself. I've been talking with some people that are planning these type of events, and have talked with people that used to do these type of events here. And I'm not sure who's really right.

What do you think? Is Huntsville ready for the big time?

Spook July 26th 05:05 PM

almost
by next year, probley, ( BRAC)

Nevr2loS10 July 27th 12:25 AM

id love to have a full scale 2-day show..we definitely have the hotel space and eating accomidations..how will HPD react to a full scale show though? especially if it was a mini related show with lots of bagged trucks, dragging and huge hotel parties..I think there would be a crap load of tickets and arrests..id like to test the waters and see if anyone has ideas or plans get w/ me ive got quite a few of my own along w/ lots of connections

CADster July 27th 09:11 AM

while we may have the accomidations, but we dont have the facilities.

we cant hold 3000 cars anywhere. we dont have any kind of motor park or even a racing event that could hold those numbers of vehicle/people

it would be nice but i dont see it happening.

Nazgul350r July 27th 10:42 AM

Someone has a radio ad asking Businesses for support of a 2-day show during labor day.

JayMack75 July 27th 11:30 AM

Yeah, but I don't know how good that show will be. I don't even think they are local.

Munchie July 27th 01:47 PM

Like Kerry said, We would need the support of not only the community, but the support of the city and it's officials as well. I think that Joe Davis Stadium, would be a canidate for a facility to hold a number of cars. It has the most parking of any facility around here as well as consessions, and bathrooms for the event at question. I think that Huntsville is not only ready for this, but in need for something like this. I have seen this towns Car\Bike\Truck scene drastically grow over the past few years. I must mention that a great part of its growth is due to none other than yourself Samir. I for one greatly appreciate all the work you do for us. I think that we have enough people in this town, with nice show worthy cars, to have our own two day show.lol I know that the surrounding citys and states would love to attend a show like this in Hunts-Vegas. I would not know were to begin on the planning or infostructor(?) though. :rolleyes:

Baseball10x July 27th 02:29 PM

I Think soo. I got plenty of places we could have a big show at in Decatur that I could talk some people into lending us..

JayMack75 July 27th 02:32 PM

Well this is what I have planned on. I plan on having my little small show on the 19th of August. Within the next 2 years I want to be able to move the venue to the old airort and hopefully it will be large enough to be done in conjunction with Joe Davis. I believe I can get the City behind it, but if not then thats fine too. I'll be talking with the Jaycees about the old airport use when it comes time. I plan on it being VERY big.

CADster July 27th 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchie
I think that Joe Davis Stadium, would be a canidate for a facility to hold a number of cars. It has the most parking of any facility around here as well as consessions, and bathrooms for the event at question.

great idea !!!!

i completely forgot about that place.
hehe.. i guess because i never go there.

but do you really think the powers that be would lets the stadium be used like that ?

remember, big multi day evens have far more then just a 'car show'

you have burnout compition<sp>, dragin, sound offs, racing and other events that are loud and burn rubber.

Munchie July 27th 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakdak91
great idea !!!

but do you really think the powers that be would lets the stadium be used like that ?.

They let UAH have the ATO show there this year. Allthough the ATO show was not as big of an event as we are talking in this thread. But if we have folks come down from other states with RV's and such they could always camp out at the Old Airport. As long as we get Jaycee's permission. The old airport would be a great place to hold the exhibition style events as well, DRAG OFF, BURNOUT, DB Comp, Drift, etc........

Nevr2loS10 July 27th 07:35 PM

yea old airport would be perfect youcan park all the way across it and open the gates up to joe davis as well and get them involved..you have the gate leading up to old airport as an admission gate and have parking outside that and across the other side of the street

JayMack75 July 27th 11:43 PM

Exactly.

Baseball10x July 27th 11:46 PM

sounds good i want a invite lol...

ludeamister July 28th 10:30 PM

airport perfect joe couldnt work because 1/4 mile stuff like that... i think itll happen soon to many people love cars around here. Its got to happen

Samir July 31st 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludeamister
...to many people love cars around here. Its got to happen

That's what I was thinking until I started to step outside the scene and look at it from afar. It still isn't a big city scene like in Nashville or Birmingham. I mean, would people really pay $10 admission just as a spectator and $35 as a participant?

Nevr2loS10 July 31st 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir
would people really pay $10 admission just as a spectator and $35 as a participant?

maybe not start on that large a scale so quick..maybe we can see what kind of backing we can get here locally do some research on costs and what not and see what we can pull off...I say we should start some kind of show comittee

Munchie August 1st 01:11 PM

Quote:

That's what I was thinking until I started to step outside the scene and look at it from afar. It still isn't a big city scene like in Nashville or Birmingham. I mean, would people really pay $10 admission just as a spectator and $35 as a participant?

Look at Slammin-N-Jammin, Showfest, Scrapin the Coast, SouthEastern Sport Compact and Mini-Truckin Nationals,etc... They all started out small and now look at them. All we need is the right Backing, the right Venue, the right Sponsors, and the right Vendors at the show, and the show will take off like a rocket. The VW community had a GTG recently in ATL, it was hosed my the DURTY-DUBS, they had APR Motorsports come down to the show, BBS, RIAL, RH racing, ECS Tuning, and other major Vendors in the VW community and they also advertised the show for about 5 months. It was the first year of the show, and not only was it a good show, we had over 200 participants. So with the right advertisment and the right coordination, anything is possible. :D

CADster August 1st 02:28 PM

Quote:

I mean, would people really pay $10 admission just as a spectator and $35 as a participant?

if it was a full day of activities and fun with hundreds of cool rides

sure.

if it was a 2 hour show showing 3 dozen cars

no.

Munchie August 1st 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakdak91
if it was a full day of activities and fun with hundreds of cool rides

sure.

if it was a 2 hour show showing 3 dozen cars

no.

Good Point. The shows that I listed above have lots of cool events such as: Burn Out Comp, DB comp, Hopping(hydro\air) comp, bands, and not too mention BIKINI CONTEST!!!!!!!