Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A&W Car Show (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=3945)

JayMack75 March 28th 10:56 AM

A&W Car Show

http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.co...16_hvH8o-M.jpg

The tradition of the A&W car show continues into 2011! Everything is the same as last year.

This show will be held on the 4th Saturday of each month from April until August and the times will be from 6:00pm until 9:00pm.

Food specials will be going on all during the show.

For any more information please e-mail info@showstopperz.net or go to www.showstopperz.net.

Samir March 28th 12:43 PM

Thank you for the post!

EvilZ April 20th 08:54 AM

I'm a maybe.......

Flatheadfreddy April 20th 09:19 AM

I got to get out this weekend!! I haven't had time to get the '39 out much this year, this might be a good opportunity.
Freddy

JayMack75 April 21st 09:25 PM

Absolutely! Look forward to seeing you there!

koreangrits April 22nd 06:49 AM

It's girl's night, maybe i can come for a little bit (:

Samir April 22nd 10:30 AM

Bring the girls! :D

Flatheadfreddy April 24th 09:39 AM

Had a great time, met some new friends, the weather was great & there were some beautiful cars there.
Freddy

HOSS429 April 24th 09:48 AM

do they still do the one on drake avenue ? 35 years ago us kids would cruise thru with our " muscle cars " and the older hot rodders with their duece coops and 55 chevys would shun us

1 BAD Z April 24th 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOONW1 (Post 44678)
do they still do the one on drake avenue ? 35 years ago us kids would cruise thru with our " muscle cars " and the older hot rodders with their duece coops and 55 chevys would shun us

That A&W closed down years ago.

Samir April 24th 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOONW1 (Post 44678)

I don't think so. I don't think there's even an A&W there anymore. :(

But it's interesting to hear how some things have never changed. It's always the newer cars, and the youth that are getting shunned at cruise-ins. :confused:

1 BAD Z April 24th 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir (Post 44689)
I don't think so. I don't think there's even an A&W there anymore. :(

But it's interesting to hear how some things have never changed. It's always the newer cars, and the youth that are getting shunned at cruise-ins. :confused:

Well its the old saying. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Its simple ignorance of the older generation not remembering they used to be the same way once with their muscle cars next to the classics. Personally I respect classics and old muscle cars because that paved the way for what we have today. But a 400 hp 69 Camaro wont catch my attention like a 400 hp Skyline will. People just tend to like what they grew up with because it reminds them of their youth. Hopefully as I get older and look back on my generation of cars, I will still have respect for the new cars and what they do. Electric big blocks? Or boosted electric... good god...

Samir April 24th 02:34 PM

Great insight from someone that's 'young'. :D

I saw a Chevy Volt in Huntsville this weekend. The revolution has begun. :D

Flatheadfreddy April 25th 10:40 AM

I saw some impressive Honda's, some new Camaros & Mustangs, I am sure they could give my 276 cubic inch flathead a decent race.:) Of course with a little head start. I could use the Volt for a jump.
Freddy

1 BAD Z May 24th 03:18 PM

Bump for the month of May. Who's thinking of coming or coming? I'm about 90% coming.

Samir May 24th 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z (Post 45741)
Bump for the month of May. Who's thinking of coming or coming? I'm about 90% coming.

Be sure to mark yourself as attending. :) That's why I made that feature. :D

1 BAD Z May 24th 04:09 PM

I was going to but I'm not for sure yet lol

koreangrits May 24th 04:14 PM

Hoping I'll get to come, I got to talk my girlfriends into coming

EvilZ May 27th 11:50 AM

I'm 86.458% sure I'll atleast swing by.

Samir May 27th 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilZ (Post 45832)
I'm 86.458% sure I'll atleast swing by.

Are you sure you got enough decimal places? lol.

When I was in college in Florida, a guy with one of the best short memories in the world came for a presentation. He had pi memorized to 100,000 decimal places. :eek: He joked about never forgetting a girl's number and how it was a great pick-up line, lol.