Huntsville Car Scene.com

Huntsville Car Scene.com (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forum.php)
-   Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crow Mountain Hillclimb Photographers Needed (http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=399)

Samir August 4th 02:27 PM

Crow Mountain Hillclimb Photographers Needed

I have the honor of being the official photographer for the Crow Moutaing Hillclimb (www.crowmoutainhillclimb.org)that will be taking place the first week of October in Scottsboro.

The problem is that this is a closed course event with fixed areas. I can't roam like I do at most events.

What makes it even more complicated is that there are probably about 11 good areas to take pictures from.

I have 4 cameras, but there is only one of me. I need volunteers that either have their own cameras or are willing to use mine to help me assist taking pictures at this event. You will basically become a part of the staff of this event.

This is be one of the most exciting new events to hit this area. Come be a part of something that will become one of the largest annual events in the southeast US.

Nevr2loS10 August 5th 09:01 AM

samir im there for ya if nothing else comes up that I have to go to before then...still a awhile away...dont know if my truck will make it up in there lol im a little low

JayMack75 August 5th 09:34 AM

I'll help out for sure if the good Lord's willin and the creek don't rise. I'm like Kerry, if nothing important comes up you can count on me to be there

MYLOTOY August 5th 09:48 AM

Like everyone else I'm there to help, I would like to use one of your cams though cause you saw what I'm working with. That is sometime away just keep reminding me about it, I will try and keep my schedule free.

Samir August 5th 06:51 PM

Thank you guys. This will be a very important event for me. Having great, professional shots of the event will help solidify the event status as well as Huntsville Car Scene.com.

And don't worry about the professional part--I'll be teaching you. I'll probably hold a "school" of sorts that anyone would be welcome to attend.

Nevr2loS10 August 6th 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir
Thank you guys. This will be a very important event for me. Having great, professional shots of the event will help solidify the event status as well as Huntsville Car Scene.com.

And don't worry about the professional part--I'll be teaching you. I'll probably hold a "school" of sorts that anyone would be welcome to attend.

that would be awesome id be extremely interested in how you get good at takin shots at shows...id like to work for a magazine or something that would be a blast

Samir August 6th 03:17 PM

It's not as hard as it seems and the most difficult parts aren't the ones people think they are. Being creative enough to get the best shot is the big part of it. Then there's figuring out how to make whatever equipment you have take the shot.

I learned a lot for shooting for www.thetoe.cc. This shot is a perfect example of how you can have the coolest shot even with the simplest equipment. That shot was taken with a Canon PowerShot s500. Any camera could've taken that shot as long as it had certain manual capabilities and controls. That's the type of stuff I can teach.

The courses would be basic and would proabably cover only what is necessary to know to get the shots I need. But researching the concepts behind the exercises would open you to everything you'd ever want to know about photography.

MYLOTOY August 8th 08:29 AM

I'm looking forward to being able to help out and learn how to take better pics for myself.

Quinnsvw August 9th 06:42 PM

i took photography clases before and love it but i just cant aford the camera i want i like ti get a canon rebel 2 fairly cheap and user friendly i dont care to much for digital i like 35 mm myself

Samir August 9th 07:14 PM

I used to think film was where it was at--and it still is for certain purposes. But digital is the way things move now and is better for any publishing application.

You should be able to find a 6mp digital rebel pretty cheap since the new 8mp one came out. You can even get it new for under $650 shipped.

Samir August 9th 07:21 PM

I was wrong about the cheapness of used ones. They still go for around $600. Seems like a good investment though if they hold their value this well.

Samir August 22nd 06:13 PM

I've been dicussing the photography with a company that will be needing shots for a DVD being produced. All photographers will get a complimentary copy of the DVD as well as their name in the credits.

In addition to that, photographers will have passes that will allow them to go certain places the general public cannot go.

We will have to schedule a photography training class or two sometime during the weekdays. I need to know when it is convenient for everyone. Post your preferences.

Nevr2loS10 August 22nd 08:06 PM

samir im still really interested....i work 9am-730 pm the rest of this week

MYLOTOY August 23rd 04:17 AM

I will be working 5:00 AM to 3:00 PM. I wake up the chickens. Just let me know when and where.

Are we actually going to go out and shoot some cars durring the training so we know what kind of shot it the best to take.

Samir August 23rd 11:12 AM

I was thinking of doing two sessions, one that covers framing and another that covers some technical stuff that you may need to know depending on how much sunlight we get that day.

The framing one we can do during the day sometime if everyone is free. The technical one we can actually do at a parking lot at night with some ample lighting.

I think we'll use a combination of my cameras as well as yours if you have one, just for familiarity.

I have to get my other Sony fixed as well as check out the Olympus to see if it setting exposure correctly.

If anyone wants to read up on my equipment, here some links to articles on www.dpreview.com:

JayMack75 August 24th 01:01 PM

I wish I would be able to do this, but this weekend I will be going to Bristol for the race, and then on Monday I will be going to the doctor in Nashville. I will be having surgery soon but I dont know when it will be which prevents me from making any future plans in the next month or so seeing as how I was trying to get the surgery scheduled for as soon as possible. I dont know what my down time is going to be either, but i look forward to the rest. lol

Samir August 24th 01:30 PM

It's all good. I just need to have a few people to help man all my cameras. So far there's still one camera empty unless racingfast002 wants it. Of course, manning a camera gets you all sorts of perks like a free DVD. ;)

JayMack75 August 24th 01:49 PM

Well I will do what I can...I just have to know when I'm going under the knife. I find that out on Monday

Samir August 24th 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayMack75
Well I will do what I can...I just have to know when I'm going under the knife. I find that out on Monday

Cool, but I'd worry more about the surgery than the photography.:eek:

Quinnsvw August 24th 06:54 PM

ill run the outher camera man what you say???? PLEASE I will bring the ice cream even!!!!!!!! :D