Thread: Sopa pipia
View Single Post
Old January 18th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm sure that instead of Monster blacklisting craigslist for 'resale of stereo cables by CL', they're actually targeting all the scams that craigslist allows to continue without any moderation by them. And those do affect legitimate sales and business.

I think what a lot of people don't understand is that there is a bunch of money on both sides of the table and misinformation all over the place. If craigslist has to moderate their posts, their expenses go up exponentially. If Monster has to compete with inferior fake products being sold on craigslist and ebay, they lose the brand that they've already spent time and money building.

The thing is, the law has always been on the side of Monster. They've filed patents, copyrights, and trademarks. And while it the law will take action when an infringement has been brought to its attention, the number of infringements has grown an order of magnitude. Not one a week like it was originally designed, but thousands an hour. And the mediums that allow these infringements to happen are actually profiting from not regulating it, hence increasing the problem while making money doing it. That's what this bill is trying to address in a more forceful way since 'asking them nicely' hasn't worked. And I can't blame them for that. Enough is enough.

Last edited by Samir; January 18th at 01:26 PM. Reason: grammar
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote