Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 5th   #1
1FLYG
1FLYG
waiting for the zombie apocalypse
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
Thumbs up Me bored on a Saturday

Some footage of me goofing off and having a lil fun with my G


http://youtu.be/Ac_DOTBDqGQ

Last edited by Samir; June 5th at 06:17 AM. Reason: fixed codes
1FLYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,858
Hotness dude! You play with your car a bit more then I do Haha!
__________________
2006 Nissan 350Z

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th   #3
1FLYG
1FLYG
waiting for the zombie apocalypse
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
haha I dont do it too often. But i guess this is what happens when im too bored lol
1FLYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th   #4
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,858
True lol. I've been there before. I kicked it sideways once after it rained with my stock wheels and tires. It was fun! Just try to save my tires now, so expensive lol
__________________
2006 Nissan 350Z

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
If you love to see that, you guys will love this.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th   #6
1FLYG
1FLYG
waiting for the zombie apocalypse
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
I have actually seen that car I'm person when there was a drift show at turner field in Atlanta. The V8 swap with a stillen supercharger I believe. The superchargers whine is pure bliss
1FLYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th   #7
EBLiquidprint
EBLiquidprint
Finally sold his truck
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor
 
EBLiquidprint's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 363
I was looking at that tribute video for the G35 and thought that was some high quality stuff. I am looking to get someone to do some videos for my business. Think it is a possibility?
EBLiquidprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #8
1FLYG
1FLYG
waiting for the zombie apocalypse
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBliquidprint View Post
I was looking at that tribute video for the G35 and thought that was some high quality stuff. I am looking to get someone to do some videos for my business. Think it is a possibility?


Sure I wouldn't mind, just know that I do it as a hobby and in no way am I a professional at editting, directing or anything. I just love photography and videography and just recentl sucked it up and came up with enough money to buy a decent DSLR camera that records in 1080p.

sometimes when i look at it, i say to my self that the same amount of money that i could have used to get a full exhaust system for my car lol. o well, it keeps me happy and busy.
1FLYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FLYG View Post
sometimes when i look at it, i say to my self that the same amount of money that i could have used to get a full exhaust system for my car...
Hence, one of the reasons I don't upgrade my equipment. If I'm going to just throw away the money (which is how photography is now that everyone and their mother has a good camera), I'd rather put it into needed things like a brake upgrade for the Accord.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #10
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Hence, one of the reasons I don't upgrade my equipment. If I'm going to just throw away the money (which is how photography is now that everyone and their mother has a good camera), I'd rather put it into needed things like a brake upgrade for the Accord.
Its only throwing away money if you do it for free! I have paid for my DX setup a couple times over already through paid shoots. My FX setup is a bit of a different story though!lol I have quit a bit more money in that body and lens than I do in my DX body and 5 lenses! It will pay for itself in the long run though! Being a good photographer has nothing to do with equipment, though to print the quality we print and the sizes available, most times can't be done with a P&S!
__________________
64 Impala SS-The Work in Progress
94 Caprice lowered on 22s-daily
01 Celica GTS
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #11
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FLYG View Post
Sure I wouldn't mind, just know that I do it as a hobby and in no way am I a professional at editting, directing or anything. I just love photography and videography and just recentl sucked it up and came up with enough money to buy a decent DSLR camera that records in 1080p.

sometimes when i look at it, i say to my self that the same amount of money that i could have used to get a full exhaust system for my car lol. o well, it keeps me happy and busy.
What type of DSLR are you looking at? I have had some experience with the D7000 and it is amazing as far as picture quality and ease of use! Check out what Chase Jarvis did with one when it first came out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rMbBKukJzBk
__________________
64 Impala SS-The Work in Progress
94 Caprice lowered on 22s-daily
01 Celica GTS
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #12
1FLYG
1FLYG
waiting for the zombie apocalypse
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
What type of DSLR are you looking at? I have had some experience with the D7000 and it is amazing as far as picture quality and ease of use! Check out what Chase Jarvis did with one when it first came out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rMbBKukJzBk

Well I have already purchased a Canon 60D. its my second DSLR, and this one is by far my favorite. I love picture quality, 1080p recordering and various other features. I think this is the perfect moderate camera. It's not exactlly a beginners camera but its not the most advance camera either.
I have 3 lenses with it, the standard 18-135MM, 50MM, and a 75-300MM telephoto lens. I want to save up and get me a macro lens but not willing to spend $600+ on only the lens.
I charge for most of my shoots and I have already regained the money that I put out for the two lenses that i bought, plus a little more.
But seeing that im not going to make photography a profession I think Im comfortable with what I got. I will have this camera for years and years
1FLYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Its only throwing away money if you do it for free! I have paid for my DX setup a couple times over already through paid shoots. My FX setup is a bit of a different story though!lol I have quit a bit more money in that body and lens than I do in my DX body and 5 lenses! It will pay for itself in the long run though! Being a good photographer has nothing to do with equipment, though to print the quality we print and the sizes available, most times can't be done with a P&S!
And how do you compete with those in your same arena with comparable equipment making 'good enough' shots and giving them away for free? There's more of these people every day in every field of photography.

Photography has changed. People that are in it now fund their equipment from another source of income. So their overhead is less, hence they charge less, hence the full-time photographers can't compete and are going out-of-business. But, the ironic thing is that the newcomers want to eventually go full-time. But that will never happen because that entire field is being destroyed by every new crop of newcomers that have the same dream. It's supply and demand gone haywire with the supply increasing an order of magnitude while the demand stayed relatively flat. If anything, the demand may have actually gone down as image theft for commercial purposes from facebook and other sites is the new way to 'cut costs' in the art department.

Eventually I see photographers as people that you hire to do the job when you don't want to do it yourself. Kinda like an oil change on a car. It's going to be even much more of a commodity than it is right now.

The equipment is advancing at a dizzying pace, taking techniques and making them as just a part of the cameras feature set, allowing even newbies to just click away and get 'good enough' shots without really knowing what they're doing. The real artists are who will survive at the full-time level, and that will mainly be in the wedding field where there is demand for true artists and the money to pay them. The same cannot be said for about almost any other genre, where 'good enough' has become the standard. It's why it's rare to see photographers on most magazine staffs anymore. Look at the staff page the next time you pick up your favorite magazine--most of them will use some regularly contributed user submissions--ie free pictures.

And I have to disagree with print quality being limited based on dslr or p&s. There are a few p&s out there with quality lenses that can compete with the dslrs. A good lab can take a good shot and make it great in any size. It's one of the reasons I use Smugmug and Bay Photo. They make everything look better than I expect it to be.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th   #14
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
And how do you compete with those in your same arena with comparable equipment making 'good enough' shots and giving them away for free? There's more of these people every day in every field of photography.

Photography has changed. People that are in it now fund their equipment from another source of income. So their overhead is less, hence they charge less, hence the full-time photographers can't compete and are going out-of-business. But, the ironic thing is that the newcomers want to eventually go full-time. But that will never happen because that entire field is being destroyed by every new crop of newcomers that have the same dream. It's supply and demand gone haywire with the supply increasing an order of magnitude while the demand stayed relatively flat. If anything, the demand may have actually gone down as image theft for commercial purposes from facebook and other sites is the new way to 'cut costs' in the art department.

Eventually I see photographers as people that you hire to do the job when you don't want to do it yourself. Kinda like an oil change on a car. It's going to be even much more of a commodity than it is right now.

The equipment is advancing at a dizzying pace, taking techniques and making them as just a part of the cameras feature set, allowing even newbies to just click away and get 'good enough' shots without really knowing what they're doing. The real artists are who will survive at the full-time level, and that will mainly be in the wedding field where there is demand for true artists and the money to pay them. The same cannot be said for about almost any other genre, where 'good enough' has become the standard. It's why it's rare to see photographers on most magazine staffs anymore. Look at the staff page the next time you pick up your favorite magazine--most of them will use some regularly contributed user submissions--ie free pictures.

And I have to disagree with print quality being limited based on dslr or p&s. There are a few p&s out there with quality lenses that can compete with the dslrs. A good lab can take a good shot and make it great in any size. It's one of the reasons I use Smugmug and Bay Photo. They make everything look better than I expect it to be.
Well the ones who give away free shoots in our main field of focus, being family, child/baby, wedding, etc..., are the ones who are just starting out with their 300 dollar XSi, and D3000 and shoot only on Automatic! Their quality and post production is simply not up to par in most situations. We stay busy on a good level for hobbiests. We are not looking to go full time with it either. This is simply a way for us to give great quality shots to people for lower than studio prices on most situations. We have 3 kids and we had taken the first two to studios every month after they were born for pictures...finally we decided we weren't getting what we wanted and started doing the pictures ourselves and it progressed from there!

I totally agree about the technology being put straight to camera and basically cutting out post production for most shots. Its almost like they don't want people to learn how to be a true photographer anymore and they just say "click the button and get a beautiful picture"! Which is true in some cases, but eventually those people with those types of cameras will run into a road block along the way and have to learn how to actually do other things!

The only magazines I look at are Automotive and Photography, but most of them use freelance photographers. Not sure of the pay of these photographers, but I know most of the automotive ones get paid for their work.

As far as quality in p&s vs. dslr, I said "in most cases".lol I know that there are a few point and shoots out there that can compete, but they are just simply not capable of doing the wide range that a good quality dslr can do. They can print some decent 4x6, 5x7 and possibly some 8x10s as long as they framed it correctly, but try getting a p&s to print a 24x36 canvas or aluminum print and test your quality against a good dslr print of the same size. You never see photographers using a point and shoot camera at a wedding or a portrait shoot! There are good reasons for this as well!lol
__________________
64 Impala SS-The Work in Progress
94 Caprice lowered on 22s-daily
01 Celica GTS
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th   #15
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FLYG View Post
Well I have already purchased a Canon 60D. its my second DSLR, and this one is by far my favorite. I love picture quality, 1080p recordering and various other features. I think this is the perfect moderate camera. It's not exactlly a beginners camera but its not the most advance camera either.
I have 3 lenses with it, the standard 18-135MM, 50MM, and a 75-300MM telephoto lens. I want to save up and get me a macro lens but not willing to spend $600+ on only the lens.
I charge for most of my shoots and I have already regained the money that I put out for the two lenses that i bought, plus a little more.
But seeing that im not going to make photography a profession I think Im comfortable with what I got. I will have this camera for years and years
The 60d is a great camera. Its the D7000s direct competitor as far as I know. For movies I would think the 60d would have an upper hand, because of fps at the higher aspects. As far as lenses go you have a good range there. Is your 50mm the f1.8? Those are great enexpensive lenses for the quality you get from them! I have its equivelent in the Nikon 50mm f1.8! My next lens purchase will definatly be a stretch as it cost about 2300 dollars.lol I am trying to save for it now, but it will be so worth it. Its the 70-200 F2.8!
__________________
64 Impala SS-The Work in Progress
94 Caprice lowered on 22s-daily
01 Celica GTS
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th   #16
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Oh and sorry about highjacking your thread!:-/
__________________
64 Impala SS-The Work in Progress
94 Caprice lowered on 22s-daily
01 Celica GTS
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Well the ones who give away free shoots in our main field of focus, being family, child/baby, wedding, etc..., are the ones who are just starting out with their 300 dollar XSi, and D3000 and shoot only on Automatic! Their quality and post production is simply not up to par in most situations. We stay busy on a good level for hobbiests. We are not looking to go full time with it either. This is simply a way for us to give great quality shots to people for lower than studio prices on most situations. We have 3 kids and we had taken the first two to studios every month after they were born for pictures...finally we decided we weren't getting what we wanted and started doing the pictures ourselves and it progressed from there!
Haven't you run into the situation where the free shots are 'good enough' for a lot of potential clients? I can really understand the studio costs adding up! And I think that's where a lot of people are starting out, and realizing that if they can charge 'a little', they can recoup their costs. This is probably what has put most studios out-of-business (or on their way out). The studios didn't have much of a choice but to charge what they did due to business overhead--insurance, location, licenses, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
I totally agree about the technology being put straight to camera and basically cutting out post production for most shots. Its almost like they don't want people to learn how to be a true photographer anymore and they just say "click the button and get a beautiful picture"! Which is true in some cases, but eventually those people with those types of cameras will run into a road block along the way and have to learn how to actually do other things!
I definitely does seem that way. But you're right about them hitting that road block. I've had to learn before all the fancy settings, so I still do things manually and can do it on almost any equipment, even cameras never designed to do what I want, lol.

I think the web 2.0 post process is critical to great shots these days, adding that glassy, glossy look. If I can figure out an efficient way to implement post like that, I'd love to do it. I know I can do better, but not with the volume that I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
The only magazines I look at are Automotive and Photography, but most of them use freelance photographers. Not sure of the pay of these photographers, but I know most of the automotive ones get paid for their work.
I've had something published in Grassroots Motorsports. I wasn't aware of it, and I got a check in the mail for $25. If that's what they're paying, then that's a lot less than keeping a full time pro on staff. I know Sean must be paid well for him to step up to the 5D, but he's the only local pro that I've seen get hired by a magazine. Automotive magazines can't be paying much because I've seen pixelated covers and other things that just scream 'free image'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
As far as quality in p&s vs. dslr, I said "in most cases".lol I know that there are a few point and shoots out there that can compete, but they are just simply not capable of doing the wide range that a good quality dslr can do. They can print some decent 4x6, 5x7 and possibly some 8x10s as long as they framed it correctly, but try getting a p&s to print a 24x36 canvas or aluminum print and test your quality against a good dslr print of the same size. You never see photographers using a point and shoot camera at a wedding or a portrait shoot! There are good reasons for this as well!lol
I've seen 8x10s out of mine that come out looking great, and I know I've had people order some larger ones like 24x36 with no complaints. But if I had a good Canon setup, these same shots would be easily 10-15% better. And I definitely know what you mean about using a p&s for weddings. That's the most demanding, stress-filled environment that anyone will ever shoot in. I get requests to do weddings, but I won't do them with my current equipment. I'll usually rent a Canon setup that I know is up to the task. Portraits require really, really sharp glass, and a prime is almost the only way to go. And the only p&s that I know of to come with a prime was is the Sigma dp1.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Is your 50mm the f1.8? Those are great enexpensive lenses for the quality you get from them! I have its equivelent in the Nikon 50mm f1.8! My next lens purchase will definatly be a stretch as it cost about 2300 dollars.lol I am trying to save for it now, but it will be so worth it. Its the 70-200 F2.8!
I was going to say that about the 50 prime as well. Canon has three 50's, the cheapest, the medium, cheap and the expensive one (which is f1.2, and I'm not even going to mention the f1.0 one ). I'd go with the medium one, even if you have to trade up to get it. It's a real step up from the base level 50 and moves from f1.8 to f1.4.

That's a seriously expensive lens Munchie! Have you looked around for it used? Keh has it for a few hundred less in their used dept, although I can see the case for getting it new and the support if it isn't a great copy.
http://www.keh.com/camera/Nikon-Auto...99058195J?r=FE
http://www.keh.com/camera/Nikon-Auto...99058195R?r=FE
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th   #19
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to Munchie
The problem with buying used equipment is that my insurance wants reciepts from company's and serial numbers. I bought my Nikkor 105mm micro used and its not insured because the gentleman who had it before me registered his warranty from nikon with that serial number and they found out it was a used lens. So I kinda have to buy new for insurance purposes! Lenses don't go bad though! I would much rather buy used than new, simply because when you start looking at the upper scale of lenses they are almost always taken good care of by the previous owners! You may have to replace a body after about 3-5 years of continuous use, but a good quality lense should last almost forever as long as its taken care of properly!
__________________
64 Impala SS-The Work in Progress
94 Caprice lowered on 22s-daily
01 Celica GTS
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
The problem with buying used equipment is that my insurance wants reciepts from company's and serial numbers. I bought my Nikkor 105mm micro used and its not insured because the gentleman who had it before me registered his warranty from nikon with that serial number and they found out it was a used lens. So I kinda have to buy new for insurance purposes! Lenses don't go bad though! I would much rather buy used than new, simply because when you start looking at the upper scale of lenses they are almost always taken good care of by the previous owners! You may have to replace a body after about 3-5 years of continuous use, but a good quality lense should last almost forever as long as its taken care of properly!
That makes perfect sense. One thing I would look out for is bad copies of lenses, especially on the high end if they are new. I think my copy of my 630mm for my Panasonic is bad, even though it is in excellent condition. It has so many abberations at times I have to ditch the shot. But at 1/5 of the cost of when it was new, I guess that's to be expected.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
burnout, drifting, g35


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raise your hand if you're bored... JayMack75 General Discussions 8 March 3rd 02:06 PM
This saturday Nevr2loS10 General Discussions 79 July 1st 03:20 PM
Saturday? HG_S-DIME Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 2 May 19th 09:26 PM
TAC show on saturday Nevr2loS10 Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 2 March 13th 10:33 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service