Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old February 7th   #1
94civicex
94civicex
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to 94civicex
Xtreme Customs Racing

Hey every1. Just wanted to get this out here. We have dropped our original show club and started the whole street racing scene here in Cullman. If any1 wants to check out the site its, www.geocities.com/xtreme_customs1 i know the cars dont look all that good, but it dont matter to us about looks. Its the love of racing that gets you in with us.
94civicex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th   #2
94civicex
94civicex
has no status.

Info

Hey, if any1 has any input for us good or bad let me know here. We just want to get this out there and get other peoples input and opinions. Thanks
Old February 16th   #3
94civicex
94civicex
has no status.

haters

i just wanna say something.... If you people dont like our cars thats fine. But dont be assholes about it and post bullshit in our guestbook. We have fun with what we have. Yeah they may not look good or be as fast as alot of other peoples but we like them. Why do people wanna hate on us? Who cares what the cars look like. Racing is racing... we do it b/c we like it. And if the most of you think that our cars arent good b/c of no NOS, well i have something to say... BOTTLES ARE FOR BABIES! Most of us are still working on our cars. If you dont like them o well but please dont be assholes just b/c u dont like them
Old February 17th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94civicex
Who cares what the cars look like. Racing is racing... we do it b/c we like it.
I agree with your point of view, but unfortunately many of the car community here (and all over) don't think that way when anonymous and behind a computer.

When asking for feedback and praise, also be ready for the worst the world has to offer. And don't let it get you down. Stick to your intentions. People were modifying cars before it was ever popular, and they must have also had some very harsh criticism from the general public.

Please watch the language as this is a all ages site. Refer to 5.a.2 in the Terms of Service.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th   #5
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Come on out to Road Atlanta in March to see/participate in some great racing.
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2005Mar19/event.shtml

See pictures from last year's event
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Aug14/pics.shtml
Old February 17th   #6
94civicex
94civicex
has no status.

Samir... just wanna say im sorry for the language. I was just really po'd about something someone had put. You know its bad that when people enjoy the same thing, there are those out there that think that they are better just b/c of their car. What ever happened to everyone being friends b/c they share the same interest? All of us that race here in Cullman are friends whether or not the cars look good. We all love racing and thats what matters. People just need to remember the fun in racing and not worry about dissing other people. So what that someones car is faster or better, thats gonna happen. But dont be jerks to those who may not have the time or money to make their car better... Racing is about fun, keep it that way.
Old February 17th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

No problem. I definitely understand being upset. I personally share your same view. We're all different, that's a given. I'll never understand why people focus on the differences instead of what's the same.

The scene here used to be more like you described, but there will always be people that need to step on other people to make them feel bigger.

Keep doing what you do and keeping it cool.
Old February 17th   #8
carbon_vtec
carbon_vtec
has no status.

Sounds like to me you can't take a lil constructive criticism. If someone bags on your car bag back. Don't be a lil baby bout it.....
carbon_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_vtec
Sounds like to me you can't take a lil constructive criticism. If someone bags on your car bag back. Don't be a lil baby bout it.....
That's not necessarily being constructive. Unless you were talking about air bags and I missed something.
Old February 20th   #10
94civicex
94civicex
has no status.

constructive criticism would be more like someone telling you what you could do to make something better... Not saying the cars ore P.O.S. and we shouldnt be called street racers. It seems to me people that dis other peoples cars is so they can feel better about their car or maybe themself. Just keep in mind that we all have the same interest and should be able to get along.
Old February 20th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Couldn't have said it better.