Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Nissan Owners

North Alabama Nissan Owners A dedicated forum for the Nissan Owners in North Alabama

Old March 22nd   #1
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

A sneak peak at the 2013 Altima!

http://www.nissanusa.com/all-new-alt...mepage.Home.P2

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm not excited. The original Altima was tiny, reliable and nimble, especially in SE trim. These newer ones just keep getting bigger and bigger. I haven't driven anything after the 1st two gens, but if it handles like an older g35 sedan, it's still okay. But something tells me this doesn't.

I wonder if they're going to do an SE-R version?
Old April 17th   #3
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I'm not excited. The original Altima was tiny, reliable and nimble, especially in SE trim.
Especially the SE trim? The GXE, SE were all the same motors, size, drivetrain and all that. The only difference was cosmetics so I'm a bit confused they how the SE was more reliable or nimble then the others.

Also, I don't think we will see the SE-R again

Old April 17th   #4
BigTyla
BigTyla
has no status.

Quote:
I'm not excited. The original Altima was tiny, reliable and nimble, especially in SE trim. These newer ones just keep getting bigger and bigger. I haven't driven anything after the 1st two gens, but if it handles like an older g35 sedan, it's still okay. But something tells me this doesn't.

I agree. It seems the line in the sand between the Altima and Maxima is getting thinner and thinner with each generation.
BigTyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #5
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

I liked the Original Maxima as well. But I don't understand why car companies assume that we want it bigger each generation.

Look at the old Evos, Galants, Old Saturns, Old Subarus, etc. They were a similar size.

To me the the newer Evos, Galants (boat lol), Subarus, Altima/Maxima, etc are too big. The S-Series Saturn's experienced a grow in the length/girth then where replaced by the L-Series, and eventually IONs. The new Galant is freaking huge compared to the old ones. Civics seem to be getting bigger as well.
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #6
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Because americans are getting fatter?
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Naw dawg, I drive a 350Z so that can't be it.

Old April 17th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Especially the SE trim? The GXE, SE were all the same motors, size, drivetrain and all that. The only difference was cosmetics so I'm a bit confused they how the SE was more reliable or nimble then the others.

Also, I don't think we will see the SE-R again
The XE, GXE, SE, and GLE shared everything the same as far as drivetrain, except that certain SEs did some with a LSD. Suspension and seats were much different however. The SE had a thicker rear sway bar and completely different spring/struts as well as completely different seats front and rear. A rear seat in an SE were still bucket-like.

So sad the SE-R won't be back. That's the only Altima that had a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTyla View Post
I agree. It seems the line in the sand between the Altima and Maxima is getting thinner and thinner with each generation.
I know! When the current crop of Altima/Maximas came out--I was like, it's the same car, just different trims! I'm also wondering if any of the Infiniti's shared the same chassis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
I liked the Original Maxima as well. But I don't understand why car companies assume that we want it bigger each generation.

Look at the old Evos, Galants, Old Saturns, Old Subarus, etc. They were a similar size.

To me the the newer Evos, Galants (boat lol), Subarus, Altima/Maxima, etc are too big. The S-Series Saturn's experienced a grow in the length/girth then where replaced by the L-Series, and eventually IONs. The new Galant is freaking huge compared to the old ones. Civics seem to be getting bigger as well.
I don't get it either, especially since even our mid-side cars are considered huge in other markets like Europe and Asia. I've had a new Civic beside my 94 Accord and the Civic is bigger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Naw dawg, I drive a 350Z so that can't be it.
LOL! But you have no back seats in the 350, so you have infinite seat adjustment.
Old April 17th   #9
BigTyla
BigTyla
has no status.

I had the pleasure of learning to drive on an '84 Nissan Maxima that was in my family for over 20 years until we eventually sold it to VR4Rob. It had 335,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. I drove it the entire summer of '06 while I was working on the twin turbo conversion on my 3000GT. Light as a feather AND RWD! Wish they'd go back to that formula.

Last edited by BigTyla; April 17th at 06:39 PM.
Old April 17th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Those were built so well too! We looked at a top of the line model that had the voice alerts--"the door is a jar".
Old April 17th   #11
BigTyla
BigTyla
has no status.

Quote:
Those were built so well too! We looked at a top of the line model that had the voice alerts--"the door is a jar".
Yeah! It was "Right/Left door is open," "Lights are on," and "Parking brake is on." Over time the voice box got worn and it sounded like a woman with a lot of testosterone!