Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old February 28th   #21
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Laid GP View Post
So far so good! I had no. Idea where to start when I came to the area and this site has been very helpful so far. I just hope you guys are all as nice in person!
I'm so glad to hear you say this. Back in 2001/2 when I started this site, there was no single place to go that would let you know about everything going on--you had to find each individual web site and then search that site. Things have changed somewhat in 10 years, but this is still the only place that has it all.

I created this site to help unite us in our love of motoring--whether that's 2-wheeled, 4-wheeled, on-road or off, all show or all go. You get to see all the neat things we got going on all in one place! I love seeing something different and new, and we've got that going on every weekend.

I'm really proud to say every single person on the site is even nicer in person. So don't forget about first Wednesday coming up. We can all get together and meet in person. To me, that's one of the most fun things to do.
Old February 28th   #22
Lawrence
Lawrence
has no status.

Keep up the great work samir!
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st   #23
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

not complaining by any means but this site has gravitated a bit away from my main interest of hotrods and muscle cars .. it has become more a late model and import type setting .. more so since we lost the rocket city mustang club .. that is mainly why my posting has fallen off so .. still i`m very greatful for this place as i would be lost as to current events and goings on in the area .. and we still have room to grow and will do so in the future .. thank you samir ..
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #24
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

Thanks for doing this Samir. We need HCS to help hold us together as enthusiasts. When I was growing up here (yes, a local) we only had two clubs, "Coachmen" and "Road Rebels". Good clubs, but we had nothing like HCS. I especially appreciate the respect everyone shows for rides, no matter the type. Thanks again for keeping this all in order.
ChuckM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #25
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
not complaining by any means but this site has gravitated a bit away from my main interest of hotrods and muscle cars .. it has become more a late model and import type setting .. more so since we lost the rocket city mustang club .. that is mainly why my posting has fallen off so .. still i`m very greatful for this place as i would be lost as to current events and goings on in the area .. and we still have room to grow and will do so in the future .. thank you samir ..
I agree with you on the traffic loss due to the RCMC forum no longer being hosted here on HCS. It's kinda a shame too. No one from RCMC even called me about it--they just moved it.

While the forum community is mainly younger folks, I've seen more of the older generation register and log in regularly as well. I've been thinking about breaking the General Discussions up a bit more as we've got quite a few threads in there now. Just gotta find the time to do it.

I really appreciate the feedback. You have been around from the early days of HCS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckM View Post
Thanks for doing this Samir. We need HCS to help hold us together as enthusiasts. When I was growing up here (yes, a local) we only had two clubs, "Coachmen" and "Road Rebels". Good clubs, but we had nothing like HCS. I especially appreciate the respect everyone shows for rides, no matter the type. Thanks again for keeping this all in order.
Times have definitely changed. The Internet has driven a whole new generation of communication mediums. I'm glad I was in the right time and right place to create HCS.
Old March 2nd   #26
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

Breaking it up what way? I like hcs because it encompasses all cars. I feel like if you broke it to say imports/domestics I'd tend to read less threads especially if they fell under import (which I have little knowledge about that subject). Just my .02
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd   #27
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
Breaking it up what way? I like hcs because it encompasses all cars. I feel like if you broke it to say imports/domestics I'd tend to read less threads especially if they fell under import (which I have little knowledge about that subject). Just my .02
It really depends on what there currently is in the forum. I know there's enough there for a classifieds area, but there may be enough for a technical area as well now. I just gotta read them and feel it out.

But you make a good point--as sub-forums get created, people are less opt to read in a forum that they don't think they have any interest in. I'm guilty of it myself. Great feedback!
Old March 6th   #28
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

I tend to agree with racinfast. I do skip around different sections of the forum just because I like to read new content, but I know that may not be the case for everyone.

I'm still somewhat new here, but I definitely appreciate work you and anyone else involved puts into the scene. This forum keeps me informed of fun things to look forward to throughout the year, and we all need fun stuff to do from time to time. Keeps life interesting!

Thanks Samir!

Last edited by mactography; March 6th at 12:14 PM.
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th   #29
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactography View Post
I tend to agree with racinfast. I do skip around different sections of the forum just because I like to read new content, but I know that may not be the case for everyone.

I'm still somewhat new here, but I definitely appreciate work you and anyone else involved puts into the scene. This forum keeps me informed of fun things to look forward to throughout the year, and we all need fun stuff to do from time to time. Keeps life interesting!

Thanks Samir!
Thank you for the feedback! This is good info. It's going to be important that any new subcategories in the forum still encourage people to check them out. Not necessarily an easy thing to do, but not impossible.

Thank you for the compliments! I spent a good 12hrs yesterday in front of HCS going through everything I missed working on in the last 90 days. I got done with page 1 of 4. Still a lot more to do...

I'm so glad that you're using the site to help get out there and have fun. That's the whole point to all this hard work. And once in a while, I get to come out and join you guys--that's the best part.
Old March 18th   #30
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just saw this email:

"I just want to say thanks, for all that you do to help with the car scence in our
area. I lost my father last summer, and was hoping that somehow I could find some
pics of the show truck he had. Not only could I find the pics, but some of the pics
also had him in the pics. It took some time to search the archives, but it was worth
it, my Mom ordered the pics that week, and we received them shortly after. The pics
are awesome quality, and really bring back lots of memories of all the car shows we
attended, since the 90's in our area. Again thanks for all the many hours you put in
covering the events in our area, I know you travel many miles, each weekend, and it
may not be said often enough, but your work is greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Greg"