Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old April 5th   #1
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.

Madison City Police knows Evos

So I got a ticket this morning on the way into work. Was headed east on Madison blvd between County Line and Wal Triana and just before the airport entry/exit, my detector said, “KA BAND”, so I slow from 60 down to the limit which is 55 at that particular part. I then see the cop ahead about 1/4 mile headed westbound on the other side, and I get a full read on my detector, but again I’m down to the speed limit.

I get down to Wal Triana making my way over 565, and proceed to make my way to the feeder to head east on 565. Once I get onto 565, there he is behind me with his lights on. At that point I was at a pretty good clip aprx 80 mph BUT this is not why he pulls me over for. He claims, based on his observation back on Madison Blvd and WESTCHESTER (false, it was before the Airport where it was 55), that I was going about 70 in a 45, in which I replied did he catch me on radar, and he said again that it was based on his observation. He then went on to claim that I must have been going 60 on the overpass and was driving recklessly while getting on the feeder and merging to 565. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I said no, only that I was near the top of 2nd gear, while on the overpass, and in 3rd gear on the feeder, so in my mind I couldn’t have been going too fast. He then added that he saw me weaving around, and I replied saying that I was in the right lane and need over to the left and I used my signal, and did the same on the feeder, that I need over to the left and used my signal which had me behind a slow moving car as I was still in mid 3rd gear, while a douche in E91 zipped down the right side around.

Now, my rebuttal was done once the ticket was written (not before as it could easily make things much worse), and what I found interesting was when he said, “I know these little Evos are hot little cars and they like to go” at which coincidentally a grey Evo X with exhaust and OEM mud flaps goes by the same way and a White 10 with black rotas on the other side heads west, and he pointed them out “saying see, there’s some of your buds right now”. He then explained that he’s doing me a favor for not writing me up for reckless driving, and I thanked him for not.
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Is your car blue with black wheels by chance? If so I pass you all the time.

And that sucks. They were out in force this morning. I took Madison Blvd in and saw 2 people pulled over.
Old April 5th   #3
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Is your car blue with black wheels by chance? If so I pass you all the time.

And that sucks. They were out in force this morning. I took Madison Blvd in and saw 2 people pulled over.
Mine is black, lowered with tinted windows. I've seen that blue one you're talking about also, mostly in Madison toward the Capshaw/72 area.
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'm sure I've prolly passed you a few times as well. I see a few of those cars running around. The blue one just caught my eye the other day. It's pretty sharp.
Old April 5th   #5
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Here: http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...#axzz2PGNA1f3z

No cop troubles when reaching the top of 2nd

I have only gotten one speeding ticket and it was on the parkway in huntsville. But I was speeding, so had no grief towards the cop. I'm not saying you are wrong, or he is right, but everyone seems to go over the speed limit all the time and assume we won't get ticketed because everyone else does the same... but you gotta remember you got that big wing on the back! lol makes our cars more dangerous when speeding when compared to a prius traveling the same speed. It's science.
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

If you want an attorney to help you get rid of that ticket, talk to George Flowers of Price and Flowers and tell him Samir sent you.

After all the years and hours that saved by speeding, I no longer even go one mile over. Why? Because the next ticket lands me in jail according to Mr. Flowers. My Valentine Ones collect dust...