Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > What's New

What's New Links to all the event coverage as well as special announcements

Old May 18th   #1
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Fast and Furious in Huntsville!

What’s the big deal about the Fast and Furious movies and why do they grab so much attention??
The 6th installment of the Fast and Furious movies is set to open on Friday May 24th across the nation and car guys will race to see it! (Pun intended) If you have to ask why, you most likely don’t get it. The current episode stars Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Vin Diesel, and Paul Walker and many of the other regular cast from the other five movies.

For those who may not understand the craze for these movies, lets go down the list of reasons why they are so popular; Fast cars, Hot Girls, Street Racing, Car Chase’s, and Big name stars………ready to go see it yet?

To me the reason that these movies have been so cool for the car guy is that the ordinary car enthusiast can escape into a dream world of underground street racing and car modifying that is so addictive. Having an unlimited budget for upgrades/mods on your daily driver would be awesome, but how many of us can realistically do that?? (That’s what makes it fun to watch and play the “what if” game)

Have you noticed how the cars that are featured in each of the movies have instantly become “sought after” rides?? I mean just go back and look at the early movies and the cars; they made every young man want to go get a 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS or a 1994 Toyota Supra because those were the rides they drove in the 1st Fast and Furious movie. These cars even have a title that seems to define what they are and just how much they mean to the owners. The buzz word for these cars or the guys themselves is “Tuner”. This term seems to define the younger generation that is so serious about their cars and love to show them off.

The term “Tuner” as defined by urban Dictionary: “A small/small medium car of the compact/compact sedan/compact sports breed, i.e. foreign makes such as but not limited to Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi vehicles, that have been modified with various after-market parts in an attempt to make them better, faster, and more appealing to other owners of cars of the same type and style”.
I must admit that the Tuners these days have taken modifying to the next level……..I seriously enjoy seeing them and the ingenious ideas they come up with and those candy coated paintjobs they have on their cars will make you drool.

Another car featured in these movies is the 1970 Dodge Charger that is driven by “Dominic” (played by the actor Vin Diesel), and yes, it is a Man’s Man car!!
It has everything the true muscle car guy wants; Black paint, Big tires out back, and a Blower sticking out of the hood! This car is a throwback to the Muscle Car era of the 1960 & 70’s and appeals to the older guys who are watching these movies.

I’m not sure what new “Hot” cars will be featured in this latest movie, but I can guarantee you this, they will be copied and cloned just like all the other rides from the past few movies and sales for these cars will skyrocket!

So there you have it, the Fast and Furious movies have all the bases covered if you are even remotely into car stuff. And if you love cars/car shows/cruise-ins/etc……Huntsville is the hub for these car guy activities. During the spring there is always somewhere to go and hang out with other folks who share in the same passion you do...... (No matter what brand or how many mods)!

In fact plans are in the works to have some cars featured/showcased during opening night of the Fast and Furious 6 at a couple of the local movie theaters…….I can’t confirm what cars will be there, but I bet they will draw a crowd!

Enjoy the movie……..Joe
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th   #2
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

great comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-G
I'm 45 years old and have never been into the tuner scene. Frankly when I was young a Civic was what an old lady or a young girl drove and now they're supposed to be cool. HA HA sorry just not getting it.

That being said I have a 25 year old kid who lives 3 doors down from me. He lives with his grandmother and he's big time into VW's. He's got an old Rabbit he's fixing up and also a Scirrocco he's doing. His Scirrocco is getting some kind of turbo VW motor that when done is gonna have a little over 300HP. Not too bad in that light little car. It would probably give my big block Musclecar a run for the money.

I've been down at his house BS-ing with him and all his tuner buddies and honestly they're OK in my book. They've all been down to my house to see both my 68 Firebird and my 86 T-top. Even though they are into the tuner scene they like all kinds of cars. Regardless of the age difference and particular interest in styles, we all agree that our passion is cars. While I won't be cruising a slammed Civic with a fart pipe any time soon, one kids 03 WRX has me wanting one.

Had to share this comment from another Forum!! Thanks Super-G for summing it up.......very well said!!
Joe

Old May 21st   #3
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

This 69 Anvil Mustang is in the movie!!

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...rings-raceway/
Old May 21st   #4
YgoSlow
YgoSlow
I'd rather be driving.

Opening this Wednesday night. I may be at both the car show and opening night.
Old May 22nd   #5
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

Cool.............Its going to be big!! I think they have decided to have a "Premier" type event at Hollywood 18 with cars parked out front. Should be fun.......like a mini cruise-in!

Skip???
Old May 22nd   #6
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
I'll be at the Hollywood 18 thing Saturday but will probably go by the Monaco Thurs/Friday night and see what all is going on as I believe there's going to be a few groups gathering there Fri. I'm not sure how well the success of this franchise has helped the Mitsu Eclipse though. I've got a 97 RS and as far as I know the prices stayed about the same and have been steadily declining for them. A Nissan 240sx or Honda Civic though...Supras have always been good at holding their value
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd   #7
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

Nice...................those who go, take tons of pics so we can see the sweet rides!
Old May 22nd   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Supras have always been good at holding their value
Supra's, NSX's, and RX7's will always hold there value.
Old May 22nd   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Supra's, NSX's, and RX7's will always hold there value.
Actually, there will be a point in time when they will drop. Cars are only as valuable as the people value them. Once the memories of these movies and ownership of these cars fade in a couple of decades, the value will drop too.
Old May 23rd   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Actually, there will be a point in time when they will drop. Cars are only as valuable as the people value them. Once the memories of these movies and ownership of these cars fade in a couple of decades, the value will drop too.
Unless it's an icon to multiple generations. Point in case 1st gen Camaro's, Mustangs, and I'm sure the Mopar's will be the same way.

I'm not saying the value's will never drop but there are certain cars that are icons across several generations.
Old May 23rd   #11
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

Okay.............for thought! Other TV and movie cars:

Bandit Trans-Am........movie is outdated and cheesy today, but the car is still going strong and highly collectible (with all ages)

General Lee Charger......show was and still is cheesy, but car remains strong!

Those are just a couple of cars that have stood the test time time.......I'm sure there are others!

My $0.02
Joe
Old May 23rd   #12
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

Movie opens tonight right?????? Enjoy!!!
Old May 23rd   #13
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowjoe24 View Post
Cool.............Its going to be big!! I think they have decided to have a "Premier" type event at Hollywood 18 with cars parked out front. Should be fun.......like a mini cruise-in!

Skip???
Just saw this. Still a go for this Saturday, 12-5
Old May 25th   #14
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

How was it??? Pics???
Old May 30th   #15
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

OK.........My son and I saw the movie today and we loved it!! The American Muscle cars we awesome to see. Yes the stunts were ridiculous but its just a movie......the F&F 7 teaser at the end was so cool
Old July 8th   #16
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

Anybody else see it and want to share their thoughts???
Old September 2nd   #17
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

Fast 7 was the best YET!!! RIP Brian
Old May 11th   #18
slowjoe24
slowjoe24