Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Landers mclarty charity car show
Calendar: Events Calendar
landersdcjfshsv  
July 20th 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep - 6533 University Drive Huntsville AL 35806

The Landers McLarty 5th Annual Charity Car Show will be held from 8am - 1pm on Saturday, July 20th, 2013!

All funds raised this year will go to St. Jude Children's Hospital in memory of our employee's son who passed away this year from cancer at age 5. Any participation in this event will be appreciated!

The event will feature the car show along with: a Wheel of Fortune to win prizes including up to $100!, Door Prizes, Star Wars 501st Legion 'Vaders Fist', Face Painting, a castle bounce, FREE FOOD & DRINKS and SO MUCH MORE!

Car Show Entry Fee: $20 - the 1st 25 participants will receive a Car Wash Kit!

Judged Categories are:
1. All vehicles 1962 & Earlier
2. Vehicles 1963 & Later in each of the following:
Chrysler
Ford
GM
Corvettes
Street Rods
Trucks
Import
Muscle Cars
3. Off Road Vehicles
4. Motorcycles
5. Show Only

Trophies will be awarded to 1st & 2nd place!

Pre-registration is not required but if you would like to confirm your attendance please email kchesser@landerscorp.com or call 256-830-6450.

We hope to see you there!
5 members will be attending this event:

Old July 1st   #2
acityunited
acityunited
has no status.

Lander's does a great job supporting community events lets return the favor for this great cause!
acityunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I received this email regarding this event on the 20th:

This is Mike Marcum with Sunny 98.1 Radio here in Huntsville. I have put together a car show/get together on Saturday July 20th from noon to 3pm at Landers McLarty Chevrolet in Huntsville. I am inviting car clubs to come out and display their vehicles and also inviting the public to come by and look at the vehicles. I am promoting this event on Sunny 98.1. To any car club that gets back with me and says that they are coming, I will promote that club on the radio. I will have free food and drinks that day for everyone. This is my first time doing a car show/get together and I hope to do this every month until it gets cold. If youíre club is interested in coming, please get back with me and I will make sure that your club getís promoted on the radio.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you,

Michael Marcum
Account Executive
Rocket City Broadcasting
WAHR-FM 99.1 WRTT-FM 95.1 WLOR-AM 98.1
1555 The Boardwalk Suite 1
Huntsville, AL 35816
PH (256) 541-0238
Fax (256) 536-4416
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75

Coverage from the Landers McLarty Dodge Car Show. Just click the link and check under recent event coverage for everything you want to see!
Old July 21st   #5
DreDay256
DreDay256
is doing stereo upgrades..

I probably won't be back to this one.
A stock/factory 2012 Challenger placed 1st in my class. Looked like they pulled it off the show room floor. I placed 2nd.. Like seriously?? Not mad bug these shows have judges that have no clue about cars.

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"
-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order), 2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass), 4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets, 1pr. Crescendo FT-1 SuperTweets
-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts
-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs), 1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's), 1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)
DreDay256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #6
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Not meaning to pile on, here, but thats why I don't show mine there anymore. Last time we showed was 2 or 3 years ago and the same thing pretty much happened. They say they appreciate the feedback to better the show and learn how to make it a better show, but when they don't fix anything they obviously haven't learned anything. Give credit where credit is due...don't award stock vehicles awards when fully built custom vehicles in the same category are there and much more deserving. Maybe ideas about car shows get lost in translation. Is the point to build a show car, or is the point to stay as stock as possible?
Old July 21st   #7
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
Just to throw my thoughts in on this......I attended the first show they put on. I along with most of the cars were there by 10AM. There was a local car club with a couple members there and at about 1215 some more showed up. They were turned away due to cut off being at 12. At around 145 a big jacked up truck showed up, entered the show and won best of show, best truck and peoples choice. How can you win peoples choice and only be there for 15 minutes. I will never attend a show put on by Landers Dodge and I drive a Dodge.

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #8
DreDay256
DreDay256

I was speechless. I rather had got nothing than lose to a completely stock vehicle.

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order), 2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass), 4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets, 1pr. Crescendo FT-1 SuperTweets
-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs), 1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's), 1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)
Old July 21st   #9
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.

There's a whole lot of places around here that do the same thing. The show at Jeffs mufflers last night was a joke. Same few cars won again as last month, kids were running wild everywhere because their parents don't know how to raise them, and a basically new car with rims and eyelashes on the front beat out older, well taken care of cars for best of show. Not sure what these judges look for in a car, but I guess to me an older, well taken care of car is more impressive than a new one with some rims. Guess that's why I don't show my car at that many shows around here. Way too much favoritism.
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #10
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel1hemi View Post
Just to throw my thoughts in on this......I attended the first show they put on. I along with most of the cars were there by 10AM. There was a local car club with a couple members there and at about 1215 some more showed up. They were turned away due to cut off being at 12. At around 145 a big jacked up truck showed up, entered the show and won best of show, best truck and peoples choice. How can you win peoples choice and only be there for 15 minutes. I will never attend a show put on by Landers Dodge and I drive a Dodge.
Yep, that was us that were turned away.
This is the truck that showed up an hour and a half after registration was closed and won everything. It was 2009.
Old July 21st   #11
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

You are right on the money Jay, I didn't want to use any names just in case someone was offended.

Old July 21st   #12
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.

I can remember a Foose mustang showing up past registration at another show and beating out my Saleen one year. I was there for 3 hours, they were there 45 mins. Gonna be nice and not throw any names out though....lol
Old July 21st   #13
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtCobra View Post
There's a whole lot of places around here that do the same thing. The show at Jeffs mufflers last night was a joke. Same few cars won again as last month, kids were running wild everywhere because their parents don't know how to raise them, and a basically new car with rims and eyelashes on the front beat out older, well taken care of cars for best of show. Not sure what these judges look for in a car, but I guess to me an older, well taken care of car is more impressive than a new one with some rims. Guess that's why I don't show my car at that many shows around here. Way too much favoritism.
So presentation and building/trying to build a unique car gets no credit? Thats the whole point of what Dre posted. I know the girl that owns the white charger you're talking about.

She is in the process of building it and has done everything to it herself. You have to start somewhere. Show cars aren't built overnight. You're not guaranteed a trophy at every show you attend, and if you're just there for a trophy, then you're there for the wrong reason. She didn't go out and buy a cookie cutter car and throw a bunch of auto zone accessories on it. There usually isn't a top quality turnout at Jeff's because the show isn't advertised very well, but if it were me judging that show last night, that Mercury would have taken best of show.

Old July 21st   #14
DreDay256
DreDay256

I wouldve understood that truck beating me more than a stock ride. Smh

Old July 21st   #15
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.

Well the fact that she won there last month as well doesn't help things. Of course you have to start somewhere, but it's easy to go buy a brand new car and put rims on it.....that's not building anything, my mom could do that. I don't have anything against her personally although she walks around with her nose so far up in the air, I'm surprised something hasn't fallen in it yet....lol. That's the main reason I never entered my camaro. It was a 2013, brand new off the showroom. I don't think it's fair to people with older cars, so I chose not to enter it. As for winning a trophy every time, I believe I even stated in my first post that I don't enter for that reason. I've got a shelf full of trophies, and frankly wouldn't want to win at every show because it's not fair to other people, but I'm sorry no one is ever gonna convince me that a brand new car should beat out a car that's well taken care of over the years. If you want my honest opinion I think they should be divided up into different categories according to the years and/or type of car. That would at least make it more fair to everyone. Thats my opinion and I'm not trying to seem like an ass to anyone, although I don't really care who doesn't like it, and it's nothing personal against her, because I don't know her and frankly judging by the way I've seen her strut around and act, don't want to
Old July 21st   #16
DreDay256
DreDay256

Last month she won one of the Top 10. I won Best of Show.
Shes actually pretty cool & speaks to me & my wife when she sees us. If she was struting or had her nose in the air maybe she was having a bad day lol

Old July 21st   #17
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.

I've seen her at 3 shows so far. It must have been a bad day each time....lol. But like I said I dont personally know her, so it is what it is. I'm just going by what I've seen so far. I'm a pretty chill person for the most part, so it doesn't bother me either way, just an observation based on what I've seen up till now. Maybe she'll prove me wrong one day, until then Im gonna stand by my opinion, not to mention another one of my friends actually knows her, and seems to think about the same of her that I do. Oh well, to each there own I guess
Old July 21st   #18
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.

And Jay, the reason you are on this thread was to state that the reason you didn't enter the Landers show was because of the way they judged certain vehicles, but when I basically said the same thing about Jeff's show you defended your friend. What's the difference? I feel the same about jeffs as you do landers, so it shouldn't matter just because it happens to be someone you know that won it.
Old July 21st   #19
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

03svtCobra.....who cares who wins.....it is all about supporting local shows. If nobody attends them they will go away. As long as the rules are followed I will continue to attend local shows. My only thing about the Lander's show is that don't turn way some cars and let some in. Either let everyone in or don't let anyone in. Knock off downing Jeff's show. It is a local show put on by Jeff, he is a great guy. Just because you don't win don't knock the show. Let it go already.........

Old July 21st   #20
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.

I have a right to say whatever I feel. You say you will continue to attend local shows, but earlier you say you won't attend landers again....that's local. So which is it. I was already done with it until you said something. You have a right to feel how you do about landers, I have the same right to feel the same about Jeffs. No where did I ever say he was a bad guy...doesn't mean I have to agree with the shows