Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old March 1st   #21
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
ALSCCA events are held at Oak Mountain Amphitheater @ 1000 Amphitheatre Drive Birmingham, AL.
2013 Schedule
Test N Tune Open event - February 16th, Sat
Test N Tune Private event - February 17th, Sun
March 9th, Sat - Pts 1
March 30th, Sat - Pts 2
May 4th, Sat - Pts 3
June 1st, Sat - Pts 4
Test N Tune Open event Mid year - June 29, Sat
June 30th, Sun - Pts 5
July 27th, Sat - Pts 6
August 11th, Sun - Pts 7
September 15th, Sun - Pts 8
October 20th, Sun - Pts 9
November 3rd, Sun - Pts 10
December 14, Sat - Pts 11

Additional info for ALSCCA Solo can be found here: http://www.alscca.net/community/showthread.php?t=3439

TAC/TVR events will be held at Milton Frank Stadium (MFS) for the first part then John Hunt Park (JHP) the last few events of the season
Milton Frank @ 15th Ave SW, Huntsville, AL
John Hunt @ 2151 Airport Road Southwest, Huntsville, AL
2013 Schedule
Saturday, March 2nd Test and Tune, MFS
Sunday, March 24th,TAC Driver's School Practice event, MFS (don't need to attend Saturday school to attend)
Saturday, April 6th, Event #1 MFS
Saturday, April 27th, Event #2 MFS
Saturday, May 18th, Event #3 MFS
Saturday, June 8th Event #4 MFS
Saturday, June 22nd Street Survival School, MFS
Saturday, July 13th, Event #5, MFS
Saturday, August 10th, Event #6, MFS
Sunday, September 29th, Event #7, JHP
Saturday, October 26th, Night Race, JHP
Sunday, October 27th, Event #8, JHP
Sunday, November 17th, Event #9, JHP
Sunday, December 15th, Event #10, JHP

TAC/TVR doesn't require SCCA memberships (weekend or otherwise) since it is ran under private insurance. Hope everyone can make it for a few events.
Additional TAC/TVR info can be found here: http://teamtac.org/e107/news.php

I hope to see some of you guys out there with us! C and I will make a few trips to MFS and are usually at every ALSCCA event in bham, with multiple other evos. Feel free to join us for some ride alongs for your first time. We always have a passenger each run. Or better yet come compete with us!!!
Thank you so much for posting these! If you don't see a listing on the calendar for an event, definitely add it there so others will know.
Old March 2nd   #22
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I second that. I loved that sound. Made it look like a Cayenne Turbo from the back with those meaty pipes.
Yes! Looked good with the large tips.

Quote:
Hmmm...there's an idea...
I like grip better! It's fun to slide around like we did at our test n tune because it was freezing, but I just enjoy the sensation of grip. I rallxd Sara's WRX with her once, and it wasn't for me. Thought I would love it honestly, but I dunno? Just not my thing. I like the dry, warm pavement lol
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #23
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I like grip better! It's fun to slide around like we did at our test n tune because it was freezing, but I just enjoy the sensation of grip. I rallxd Sara's WRX with her once, and it wasn't for me. Thought I would love it honestly, but I dunno? Just not my thing. I like the dry, warm pavement lol
Oh, I'm there with you. It's two completely different challenges, one that requires razor sharp fast moves and another that requires planning even farther ahead and setting up the turn. I felt rallyx was like autox in slow motion, but it is a blast in its own right too.

My wife just informed me that she needs to have a license in hand by March 10th, so I may be heading over to this TNT to get her some seat time in a controlled environment. She has her permit and her India license, so I think a day of seat time should have her confident to hit the roads without hitting anything.
Old March 2nd   #24
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Quote:
Oh, I'm there with you. It's two completely different challenges, one that requires razor sharp fast moves and another that requires planning even farther ahead and setting up the turn. I felt rallyx was like autox in slow motion, but it is a blast in its own right too.

My wife just informed me that she needs to have a license in hand by March 10th, so I may be heading over to this TNT to get her some seat time in a controlled environment. She has her permit and her India license, so I think a day of seat time should have her confident to hit the roads without hitting anything.
Exactly. It was fun, but just different. Some people prefer it over autox. To each his own.

She like going fast? Make her ride with you first and scare her one time lol.
Old March 2nd   #25
G_Horneck
G_Horneck
has no status.

Fun stuff today at the T n T. Cold, wet, sliding around on little ice pellets. It was sort of Rallycross-ish.
Old March 2nd   #26
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
She like going fast? Make her ride with you first and scare her one time lol.
She actually hates my everyday driving, which I guess is a bit autox-ish. In India, a good driver is one that makes you as a passenger feel nothing--no g's, no bumps, nothing. So by that definition, I usually don't drive good.

And everyone there has a chauffeur or driver--almost no one actually drives. She drives there, but she also has two drivers. Much different than here where almost no one has a driver or chauffeur.
Old March 10th   #27
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Finally got a win in SM! Good warm weather was nice Here is my fastest run from POV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy91Y...HmbqFA&index=1

Yes I got a little excited as Sara and I switched lead 4 times by about .020 seconds each run before we ran the exact same time to the one thousandth of a second on the last run, but she hit a cone... kills the nerves lol good times!
Old March 10th   #28
G_Horneck
G_Horneck
has no status.

Way to go! Sara is tough to beat. Your car looks dialed in very well. Should have no problem taking SM trophies at TAC/TVR events. My car is RWD and not in the same leauge as your car. Turbo AWD for the win!

I think they should split SM into a AWD and 2WD classes anyhow.

Last edited by G_Horneck; March 10th at 12:18 PM.
G_Horneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #29
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Horneck View Post
Way to go! Sara is tough to beat. Your car looks dialed in very well. Should have no problem taking SM trophies at TAC/TVR events. My car is RWD and not in the same leauge as your car. Turbo AWD for the win!

I think they should split SM into a AWD and 2WD classes anyhow.
Thanks man! I've done some work trying to get it just exactly how I wanted it, I think i've got it there now.

I dunno I got beat by a SC M3 at our test n tune lol.
Old March 14th   #30
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Finally got a win in SM! Good warm weather was nice Here is my fastest run from POV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy91Y...HmbqFA&index=1

Yes I got a little excited as Sara and I switched lead 4 times by about .020 seconds each run before we ran the exact same time to the one thousandth of a second on the last run, but she hit a cone... kills the nerves lol good times!
Very cool! Loved the POV angle. Most autocross vids give me a bit of motion sickness and don't feel like you're there, but POV does!

Congrats on the win! C and Sara are both very experience drivers, so that definitely means you've done the work to get to the podium.
Old March 14th   #31
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Quote:
Very cool! Loved the POV angle. Most autocross vids give me a bit of motion sickness and don't feel like you're there, but POV does!

Congrats on the win! C and Sara are both very experience drivers, so that definitely means you've done the work to get to the podium.
I think the POC was great at giving a sense of speed and helps me know when I'm looking ahead as I should be.

Thanks man! They didn't make it easy on me lol.
Old March 14th   #32
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I totally agree on the POC. I saw you looking at the cone out the side of your window and knew you were pushing a bit. Great vantage point!

I can only imagine! I remember when C and Sara weren't married. That was interesting, lol.
Old April 1st   #33
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Not the best results for me Saturday. Got 3rd in SM behind Sara and C. Sara got FTD so not too mad about being behind that. 12th overall out of 59. Just had an off day, car ran great, just not my best showing as a driver. Not posting a video, frustrated lol it happens.

Sara's fastest run/FTD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bceKEyC4fIE

I won't be able to make the points #1 TAC/TVR due to Indy at Barber. I know some of the alscca guys are making the trip up though.
Old July 5th   #34
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Points #5. 2nd in SM. 10th overall RAW time. C got me by .15 seconds lol

Not my fastest time. I improved on this run by 1 full second, but fastest I recorded of the day. Hate messing with cameras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COWLLdpVTJ8

Anyone been doing any events in Huntsville? I've had schedule problems with every event it seems.

Last edited by HPEVOX; July 5th at 04:24 PM.
Old August 5th   #35
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

North vs South this weekend. Saturday at Milton Frank and Sunday in Bham. Just in case anyone actually races their race car lol sgo