Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 31st   #21
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
i'd love to get embarrassed by this car, lol...

i'll have a couple more mods and a tune next week and aiming for mid-12s next track outing so maybe i'd only be like.....2.5 seconds behind you in the quarter, lol
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; October 31st at 09:36 PM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #22
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99








This is just an example of the parts going into the car. work on mine started today actually . How ever the wheels and drag radial picture is mine.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #23
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
i'd love to get embarrassed by this car, lol...

i'll have a couple more mods and a tune next week and aiming for mid-12s next track outing so maybe i'd only be like.....2.5 seconds behind you in the quarter, lol
I was not talking smack samir.
and I'm down to run anyone for fun of course.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #24
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by S10on20s99 View Post
I was not talking smack samir.
and I'm down to run anyone for fun of course.
Oh I know. I just don't want to see you get out there without some solid seat time. A monster like that can bite you bad if things go wrong.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #25
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
I just want to see your car run, regardless if i'm the one getting obliterated by it or not, I bet it will be a beast

i've ran a STOCK C6 Zo6 from a dig for giggles(new I was going to get smoked) and I won to 30! and then by the time he hit 2nd gear I was down like 4 car lengths, lol

it was one of those races where you just get off the gas and say to yourself... "Yeah, that just happened"
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; November 1st at 04:11 PM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #26
Smyly@TFR
Smyly@TFR
Professional Detailer
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor
 
Smyly@TFR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 374
Z06's are very well built cars already! I'm having a good time following this thread and cant wait to see it when it is finished
__________________
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6M/T Black with lots of goodies under the hood and more to come!
Smyly@TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #27
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
I just want to see your car run, regardless if i'm the one getting obliterated by it or not, I bet it will be a beast

i've ran a STOCK C6 Zo6 from a dig for giggles(new I was going to get smoked) and I won to 30! and then by the time he hit 2nd gear I was down like 4 car lengths, lol

it was one of those races where you just get off the gas and say to yourself... "Yeah, that just happened"
This is why I'm changing the entire suspension. ditching the mono leaf and going to a true indepent suspension. ditching the soft rubber bushings and going to a "mono ball" to keep the tires from toeing in at launch. Because currently under 30mph and you can forget traction.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #28
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyly@TFR View Post
Z06's are very well built cars already! I'm having a good time following this thread and cant wait to see it when it is finished
Thanks man, nice to see someone is as anxious as me to see what it will do.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #29
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Oh I know. I just don't want to see you get out there without some solid seat time. A monster like that can bite you bad if things go wrong.
Oh believe me I know. Any car that will go 180mph and still pulls as hard as it does at 50mph demands your respect at all times. I also just purchased a carbon fiber helmet and Hans device. see if I can find a picture of it.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #30
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #31
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by S10on20s99 View Post
Oh believe me I know. Any car that will go 180mph and still pulls as hard as it does at 50mph demands your respect at all times. I also just purchased a carbon fiber helmet and Hans device. see if I can find a picture of it.
Nice. I know what those speeds are like. And you're dead on with the respect. It will bite you before you know it if you get too comfortable.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #32
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
I heard from a couple of little birdies (okay...actually your relatives) that this project is complete. Can't wait to see it. It must be art just to look at.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #33
Don 79 TA
Don 79 TA
has no status.
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 216
which roll bar is that one?
Pfadt's?
i'm still undecided which one i want to go with

are you using the elite engineering tunnel plate too?
what a nice addition that was on her 05
makes the tunnel so much cooler and definitely aided in some more rigidity

those diff/trans braces look sweet too
Don 79 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #34
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I heard from a couple of little birdies (okay...actually your relatives) that this project is complete. Can't wait to see it. It must be art just to look at.
It is not complete yet, but getting close. I guess I can update some pictures of the progress.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #35
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 79 TA View Post
which roll bar is that one?
Pfadt's?
i'm still undecided which one i want to go with

are you using the elite engineering tunnel plate too?
what a nice addition that was on her 05
makes the tunnel so much cooler and definitely aided in some more rigidity

those diff/trans braces look sweet too
that is a picture I found of a pfadt roll bar. mine is currently being test fit then sent off for powdercoat. as soon as it gets put in the car for good i will take pictures of the mounting hardware and overall fit.

and i will load pictures of my actual build to show you what everything looks like. I for one could sit and stare at the under side of this car for hours.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #36
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99












here are a few pictures of the build
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #37
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor
 
Beckham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,517
Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Looking good!!
__________________
www.TheSpeakerbox.net - 256.852.0300

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #38
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Looking good!!
thanks man. its getting there finally. most of the build are things no one will ever see, but they are going to make the difference. like the twin disk clutch, new flywheel, hardened shafts in the differential, hardened and 1/4 inch bigger axels, ect. ect.
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #39
Smyly@TFR
Smyly@TFR
Professional Detailer
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor
 
Smyly@TFR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 374
twin disk clutch I wish i would have just went with an RPS carbon carbon when I switched mine out last year! Looking forward to the finished project!
__________________
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6M/T Black with lots of goodies under the hood and more to come!
Smyly@TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th   #40
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyly@TFR View Post
twin disk clutch I wish i would have just went with an RPS carbon carbon when I switched mine out last year! Looking forward to the finished project!
oh me too man, im starting to get really excited to hear it fire up



im also running pfadt poly trans and motor mounts
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 2006 Corvette Z06 EvilZ General Discussions 62 February 4th 02:59 PM
TruFacts Racing Supercharged Audi S4 Detail 08/05/2011 Smyly@TFR Site Sponsor Forum 11 August 8th 12:46 PM
For Sale: 97 supercharged Miata raysoldano General Discussions 9 May 22nd 05:57 PM
Hey Ed, can your Z06 'turbo boost' like this? Brett256 General Discussions 22 May 20th 05:39 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service