Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old May 28th   #21
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I think that, to save from confusion, if there are gonna be 3 choices for ride of the month, they should initially be chosen by HCS staff from a pool of submitted vehicles. That way it saves in the confusion of having the site vote on a number of vehicles or nominating 10 and having everyone choose 3 from them and then voting for one of the three. At the beginning of every month the HCS staff will choose 3 vehicles to be in the poll, then let the poll run for 3 weeks, letting the winner be decided and still giving the HCS staff a full week to do the picture and write up about said winner. Just an option though
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th   #22
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Some great thoughs munchie.

The hardest part of a ROTM is the timeline and how to lay out everything. I think it would be great to have nominations all month long for a particular month. And since we will soon have tons of event coverage again, the nomination process would be as simple as linking an event coverage photo in a nomination thread.

The staff could then review the nominations for that month once the month ends, and then post up a poll which closed after a number of days. Then by the end of the month, photos and info on the ride of the month would be posted.

This is just a rough set of ideas I have in my head. I really have to research how other sites do it, and the work flow advantages and pitfalls to the various methods.