Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old October 14th   #1
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Rename forum?

I just noticed there are a lot of "For Sale" advertisements and other type of posts in the forum titled "Event Discussions". It seems to have melded into a catch-all. Should it now be titled "General"?

Oops...
Nevermind.
I saw in the description...

"Discuss events--past, present, and future. And everything else"

So it appears that the "everything else" part covers it.

Last edited by Puter; October 14th at 08:39 AM.
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #2
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Need separate forums for chatting

I believe that there should be a separate forum for classifieds - - for sale and wanted items.

That event discussions should be limited to events - - upcoming information on events and after event discussions on how the event turned out, and possible suggestions on how to improve the event.

Then for the ones that just want to chat, a separate forum for general discussions.

Many of the forums with a topic get way off the subject with general discussions. That is fine, but many of us do not want to read all that trying to just get information on events. I believe from discussions at events that many stop coming to this site because of what they call "junk" postings. Or at least do not read the forums anymore.

It also would be nice to have the calendar separated into: Car events; motorcycle events; club meetings. So if a person is interested only in one of these catagories, he would not have to look through all to find a particular event.

Just my thought. Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

define " junk postings " please.. by email if need be .. i come mainly for the chat forums .. but greatly appreciate your event postings as i dont like to miss events ..
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th   #4
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

"junk" postings

Postings that relate to nothing ! ??? No particular car event.

General discussion, personal matters, between registered members - - need a forum for just chatting. For all the ones that want to chat. Which is fine.

When I open a forum that has a heading, for example, 1st Annual Car Show & Shine, Cullman, AL, I am interested in the details, information, directions & contact numbers for that event. After the event, to see comments on how the event was handled, how many showed, likes, dislikes, suggestions for next year, etc. Not all kinds of discussions that do not even relate to the stated event.

Just my opinion. Thanks, Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th   #5
Puter
Puter
has no status.

I believe Marsha understands where I am coming from.

The name of the particular forum is "Event Discussions". One would judge by the name and the description of the forum for it to be used for past, present and future events. Yet, I just looked and there are "For sale" postings as well as a "junk posting" of "Who's doin what this weekend".

Enough said, I realize that Samir is very busy. And to move posts into a forum designed for chat would take up moderator time.
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote