Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old September 24th   #1
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Cruisin' club for all makes & models

I received a call from blackie66 today about trying to get another cruisin' club started for all makes and models. For us in the Decatur-Hartselle area, we did have one for many years (Just Krusin of North Alabama), which has slowly disappeared. The monthly cruises on the back roads of Alabama, Tennessee, etc. were great. As well as cruisin to events and cruise-ins together.

Is there any interest in getting another one started?

We have looked at the past calendars, and when there are several events on a Saturday within short driving distrances, it is fun to meet up, cruise together and hit one in the morning that starts at 8 or 9am, one in the afternoon for the ones that do not get over until 3 or 4pm, and then the evening cruise-in at 6pm.

These are the times when we look for the events that have the special lower entry fees for non-judged, or just wanting to park our special rides inside the event, but not wanting anything else.

Any input? Thoughts?

Thanks, Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think this is already happening so a certain extent as like-minded people exchange numbers and stay in touch other ways. Small groups of friends that attend events together and enjoy cruising together. The Central Alabama Rodder's Society based out of Jasper, Alabama is one of the few groups still left that still has organized cruises.

I'd be up for supporting a Huntsville Car Scene.com group that would like to meet and head to several events each weekend. I think it would be pretty cool. Everyone pick a place to meet and a general route of what events to check out on a given weekend. Sounds like fun to me.
Old September 25th   #3
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

I agree..that exotics cruise even proved there's some that can actually awaken before lunch.
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #4
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, I know there are clubs like the Vette & Miata clubs that have their monthly or quarterly cruises. And the small groups of friends that cruise together, which we have here in Decatur. But blackie66 is looking for a club near him, like the previous Just Kruzin and the Crossroads Cruisers out of Snead, that are open to all special rides and that get together and cruise the back roads every so often for fun and enjoyment, as well as meet up and cruise to the events together. In past cruises with these 2 clubs, could have up to 50 rides, all different years, makes & models - no two the same. Impressive traveling down the road.

So if there is something like this in the Huntsville area, need to let blackie66 know. Thanks
Old September 25th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoGarda View Post
I agree..that exotics cruise even proved there's some that can actually awaken before lunch.
There's a lot of people that wake before 8am, especially on Saturdays since the site gets slammed from 6am to 9am. Lots of people out and about early in the morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
Yes, I know there are clubs like the Vette & Miata clubs that have their monthly or quarterly cruises. And the small groups of friends that cruise together, which we have here in Decatur. But blackie66 is looking for a club near him, like the previous Just Kruzin and the Crossroads Cruisers out of Snead, that are open to all special rides and that get together and cruise the back roads every so often for fun and enjoyment, as well as meet up and cruise to the events together. In past cruises with these 2 clubs, could have up to 50 rides, all different years, makes & models - no two the same. Impressive traveling down the road.

So if there is something like this in the Huntsville area, need to let blackie66 know. Thanks
Unfortunately, there's nothing like this in the local area besides the Knucleheads and the Alabama Gang of the Hot Rod Power Tour last year.
Old September 26th   #6
firebird girl
firebird girl
has no status.

I WOULD LOVE TO INVITE YOU TO OUR NEW CRUISE SPOT AT JACKS IN HUNTSVILLE. JORDAN LANE EVERY FRI NIGHT 5-9
firebird girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th   #7
BLACKIE66
BLACKIE66
has no status.

Cruisin club

I' M NOT LOOKING TO HAVE A CLUB THAT SAID YOU NEED TOO BE THERE EVERY TIME OR GO ON ALL THE CRUISE BUT IF YOUR LIKE TO MEET AND GO TO CAR SHOW RUN TOGATHER CRUISE TO ATHENS/DECATUR/MEET UP WITH OTHER PEOPLE THAT LIKE IT. GOING ON THE LITTLE RIVER RUN IN NOV. IS GREAT ALL CARS/TRUCK WELCOME.I USED THE WORD CLUB CALL IT WHAT YOU WILL JUST LOOK TO HAVE A GO TIME.I HAVE BEEN ON THE CROSSROAD CRUISER TRIP LAST 2 YEARS GREAT. HAPPY TRAILS
BLACKIE66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th   #8
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Why do you need a club to do this? Just post up in general talk about cruising and see what happens from there. The mini truck clubs are always holding cruises to shows whether it's 30 miles or 3000. They've gone from SoCal to Central Mississippi for years and years now. Just takes a bit of motivation to ask and advertise.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th   #9
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, I needed to re-phrase that. Instead of the word club, should have stated group. Just Kruisin was more of a group that just liked to get together often and cruise around the back scenic roads. Usually once a month picked a meeting place and took off from there for the day. Stopping at places of interest and then to eat together. Had a relaxing and good time. Not necessarily an organized club. But everyone was connected through their emails and/or phone calls, and web page. And anyone with a special ride was always welcome to join any of the cruises. They could have a '30s coupe cruisin right along with a '70s muscle car, and all in between.

This is what blackie66 is most likely looking for.

We know there are those out there that do get together, but sometimes the information and details do not get out to all that may be interested.
Old September 29th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
We know there are those out there that do get together, but sometimes the information and details do not get out to all that may be interested.
And that's why I created this site--to help get this information out there. But like Grant said, people have to get it out there for it to be noticed. You can only do so much with your personal friend network on fb.
Old September 29th   #11
RatTrap
RatTrap
-Rat is where it's at!.

Thank you Samir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
And that's why I created this site--to help get this information out there.
You are doing a great job of it.
Just thought I would say "thanks" as I am
sure you don't hear it enough for what you do.
RatTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th   #12
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, you are, Samir. Thanks.

So with that said, if anyone has any plans for cruisin for the day, and especially will welcome ALL years, makes & models, please do list - get the information out there. There are ones out there that are looking for those get togethers and cruises.
Old October 1st   #13
BLACKIE66
BLACKIE66
has no status.

SORRY I SAID ANYTHING. GrantH I FEEL LIKE YOUR TALKING DOWN TOO ME . THERE OR PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT I SEE AT CAR SHOW THAT NOT HEARD OF HUNTSVILLE CAR SCENE. I TELL THEM ABOUT IT BUT IF YOU TALK TO THEM LIKE YOU DID TO ME I WILL NOT SPREAD IT AROUND SORRY SIMAR
BLACKIE66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd   #14
firebird girl
firebird girl
has no status.

I would like to invite all of you to jacks cruise in every fri night 5-9 all makes and models.see uor facebook page
firebird girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatTrap View Post
You are doing a great job of it.
Just thought I would say "thanks" as I am
sure you don't hear it enough for what you do.
Sometimes I definitely need to hear this. Thank you. And feel free to post in this thread--it's what I use as my motivation when I feel blue:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=5417

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKIE66 View Post
SORRY I SAID ANYTHING. GrantH I FEEL LIKE YOUR TALKING DOWN TOO ME . THERE OR PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT I SEE AT CAR SHOW THAT NOT HEARD OF HUNTSVILLE CAR SCENE. I TELL THEM ABOUT IT BUT IF YOU TALK TO THEM LIKE YOU DID TO ME I WILL NOT SPREAD IT AROUND SORRY SIMAR
I don't think he meant it like that at all. I think your idea has a lot of merit for sure. I think the definitely of 'club' is what's a bit confusing here. 'Club' to us youngins means something with dues, meetings, etc. But to a lot of the classic cruisers, it's just a group of people hanging out together.

I think Grant was referring to the former definition rather than the latter. Just a misunderstanding. It happens from time-to-time when you put enthusiasts from 5 generations on one forum.
Old October 3rd   #16
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKIE66 View Post
First turn off your caps lock. Second I don't see how GrantH was talking down to you at all.
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba Mustang View Post
First turn off your caps lock. Second I don't see how GrantH was talking down to you at all.
Easy. It's just a misunderstanding.

Last edited by Samir; October 3rd at 11:29 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd   #18
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

This post was only meant to get word out to other car enthursiants and cruisers to get together, to do more cruisin together. Whether it is for a day long cruise on the back roads, an afternoon short cruise, to/from an event or to/from an evening cruise-in. For all years, makes & models. Whenever there is an event, if someone that is going would take charge and post a meeting place for others prior to and cruise together to that event. It is great cruisin up to an event with 25+ classic cars & trucks and seeing the looks of the event personnel and participants already there. I miss doing this more often. We have had some great times and look forward to more.
Old October 3rd   #19
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Easy. It's just a misunderstanding.
Yeah I know, the caps lock is driving me nuts though.
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
This post was only meant to get word out to other car enthursiants and cruisers to get together, to do more cruisin together. Whether it is for a day long cruise on the back roads, an afternoon short cruise, to/from an event or to/from an evening cruise-in. For all years, makes & models. Whenever there is an event, if someone that is going would take charge and post a meeting place for others prior to and cruise together to that event. It is great cruisin up to an event with 25+ classic cars & trucks and seeing the looks of the event personnel and participants already there. I miss doing this more often. We have had some great times and look forward to more.
This is so fun--like the time we all went to the drive-in.

But it's pretty easy to organize if it's going to an event. Like Grant said, just get in an event thread and pick a place that everyone meets up at before heading to the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba Mustang View Post
Yeah I know, the caps lock is driving me nuts though.
It used to bother me, but then I remembered that I used to do it too back in the day. I actually hate typing in upper and lower case. I grew up on DOS.