Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

View Poll Results: Did You Enjoy the Huntsville Car Scene.com Photo Cruise?
Yes! It was perfect! I'll post what made it perfect. 0 0%
Yes, it was alright. I'll post what kept it from being perfect. 5 100.00%
No, but it could've easily been great. I'll post what I think it needed. 0 0%
No! It was awful! I'll post my whole horrid experience. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 28th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Did You Enjoy the Huntsville Car Scene.com Photo Cruise?

Thank you for everyone that attended the first Huntsville Car Scene.com event. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

So now, let us know what made it great. And if you didn't enjoy it, let us know where it was lacking. I know there were some organizational details that could have been better, and I'm already thinking of solutions to those issues. But there may also be other things that we miss. Tell us so we can make this better. The only way to go from here is up.
Old February 28th   #2
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

we dont need to beat up on the cool weather. i didnt really uphold my responsibilties as a group leader. but my unconcern for any trouble led me to that .any future event must be more strictly controlled. it was a good happening pure and simple
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th   #3
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

i think it was a blast. however we need to have more stops that are planned by the city, not the city trying to run us off. of course that was due to certain individuals. maybe have stricter rules for idiots being well, idiots. i had a very good time and cant wait to do it again
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
It was a great cruise. It was the first one I have ever been on. I had a lot of fun but from me listening to my girlfriend complain about how hungry she was...we need lunch stops. Also, I can say this...we had our group leader until we got to Fayetteville, then we pretty much ran on our own. I think everyone pretty much ran on their own, but I don't know that for a fact. On the way back we had a really good time because it was only us together and we took up the entire road and fanned out like we used to do in the old days and made it a show all we way back to Huntsville...we would have been with the group we were assigned, but we got left. We even pulled over for 10 minutes and didn't see any cars from the cruise...so we loaded up the GPS and found our way back.
Old March 1st   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the feedback guys, keep it coming...
Old March 1st   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429

it had been a concern of mine that some folks would want to make a race out the event but oh well cant controll everything. i a`m pleased no one played LOUD music during the stops .that would have ruined it for me. i want to buy some prints but not thru "paypal" . i`ve not had good expierence with them
Old March 1st   #7
HOSS429
HOSS429

i got my paypal account fixed but you will have to talk me thru how to buy a print
Old March 1st   #8
sok07
sok07
has no status.

I enjoyed the cruise/meet. It exceeded my expecations in both size of the event and also the general laid-back atmosphere of it all. The selection of the route was good, especially the return leg.

Suggestions....incorporate a snack/food stop, and at least one very good scenic photo-op location w/ lots of space at one of the stops where everybody can at least find a good spot to take that 'primo' shot. Seemed like the spot for this cruise was the tiny island at Shelbyville Also, this may help Samir w/ generating some revenue from print sales, as he will have more opportunities to get at least one or two good shots of every vehicle. I know if you managed to get a great panoramic shot of the whole group parked and organized w/ some nice scenery in the background, it would be an excellent print. I would instantly purchase that panoramic shot
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st   #9
HOSS429
HOSS429

lets go back now

beautiful day out . how quick can everybody get back together
Old March 1st   #10
sok07
sok07
has no status.

lol, stupid window office. I usually eat my lunch in the office and work through the lunchbreak and leave around 4pm. But w/ the pleasant weather today ... I just had to go out, start up the 3 and drive it around for about 45 minutes. Oh well, I guess I'll be working until 5pm today.

But yes, please get the ball rolling for another cruise/meet.

Last edited by sok07; March 1st at 01:07 PM.
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i got my paypal account fixed but you will have to talk me thru how to buy a print
I don't think you have to have a paypal account. I think they also just take regular credit cards.

To buy a print, click on it and there's a "buy this photo" link above it to the right. It will add it to your cart. When you've selected all the photos you want, select "view cart" above a photo to the right. Then choose the size you want for each photo and then checkout. It should be pretty painless.

And remember, you can buy more than just prints--puzzles, shirts, coffee mugs, ceramic tiles...all with the photo on it. It's one of the best collection of photo gifts I've seen.

Last edited by Samir; March 1st at 03:31 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
beautiful day out . how quick can everybody get back together
There's the Dairy Queen cruise-in this evening.
Old March 1st   #13
HOSS429
HOSS429

im there
Old March 1st   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Me too.
Old March 2nd   #15
Dusty
Dusty
has no status.

I also enjoyed the cruise. I too agree better lunch plans would be in order. I would also be nice to avoid unfriendly stops, but I don't know how you know where they will be. The only other thing I can think of as a better opportunity to talk to others in the group. I met the rest of the RX7 clan, but not really any others. The picnic idea Hoss had sounds good.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the feedback Dusty, and welcome to the forum!
Old March 2nd   #17
HOSS429
HOSS429

it`s in the events calender but like me some of you may not remember to look there. the show at the lincoln county fair grounds( fayetteville ) this weekend. no where near the square thankfully
Old March 3rd   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I still have to catch up on everything going on this weekend. I know there's a few things here and there.
Old March 3rd   #19
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
I had a blast, the only thing I didnt like about it was the policeman pretty much telling all of us to leave. Also the guy on the bike said that he wasnt doing any stunts he was just riding. The reason they pulled him over was somone called and said that there was a bike riding wheelies, wich he wasnt. and the rest of it was a missunderstanding they let him go that night with no fines and ect. With that out of the way I think that the picnic Idea would be perfect. BTW have you thought up anything with the sonic in Ardmore yet samir?
Old March 3rd   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10on20s99
BTW have you thought up anything with the sonic in Ardmore yet samir?
Why yes I have. See this thread for info:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=248

Last edited by Samir; March 3rd at 10:19 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote