Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Cruzin For A Cure Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Hummer3  
June 11th 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 330 Grimwood Road - Hazel Green, AL 35750
Contact: Karol Hersey: 256-783-6918 or Cleadus Thompson: 256-682-5335

June 11, 2016
Cruzin For A Cure Car Show - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
St. Rebecca Church - 330 Grimwood Road - Hazel Green, AL 35750

Admission: Free
Entry Fee: $20 per vehicle (All classes welcome)
Trophies Awarded: Top 20, Pastor's Choice, First Lady's Choice, People's
Choice & Best Car Club Participation
Silent Auction - Food - Fun for the entire family!
$50 Give-Away Every Hour & Great Door prizes

"This year's Show Stopper Door Prize Bundle"
301 Piece Professional Mechanics Tool Set & Mini Air Compressor

ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY

For additional information contact Karol Hersey @ 256-783-6918 or
Cleadus Thompson @ 256-682-5335
Email Contact: uniquexpressions@hotmail.com

RAIN DATE: July 9, 2016

Old June 11th   #2
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

rant warning .. years ago i loved going to the Saginaw show in Decatur .. it had good parking and plenty of cars to look at .. then they moved to point mallard .. i had to park a half mile away and walk in 95 plus degree weather to see a few cars .. NOT ! .. the Ardmore tenn event was great the first time i attended .. the same thing occurred there plus you had to pay 5 bucks to attend ..the A&W show on sparkman drive that jaymac put on was good a time or two then i went one time and was told i had to park in the wallmart parking lot in order to view the show .. i`ve not been back .. today i go to the cruising for the cure show on grimwood and park in my usual spot away from the event and a fellow comes running up to me and say`s " you cant park there " .. i go home .. if you gunna have an event you gotta accommodate the spectators .. if when i go to the cafe 302 show tonite and they tell me i`ve got to park at the new wallmart i will not be back to that either ...
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

A little different than your post. There are several of us with grips when it comes to paying $20 or more for a local event. We do realize that most are for charities. But us retired car owners enjoy to drive our rides to events, do not want any awards, door prizes, goodie bags, t-shirts, plaques, etc. We just want to be able to park our special rides inside the event for safety and are willing to pay $5 or $10 for just that. We wish more events would consider this option and have a small area for these rides & owners. If not, then we just stick with the free cruise-ins. If events do consider this option, I would certainly pass on to my fellow car owners. Thanks
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th   #4
HOSS429
HOSS429

thank you for all you do for the mid north alabama car cruise scene .. i wish you`d come back to huntsville and surrounding areas ...
Old June 13th   #5
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

We do occasionally make it to events in Madison/Huntsville. Presently, attending the 3rd Saturday evening cruise-ins at Ruby Tuesday on 565 and Wall Triana. And do continue to list all of North Alabama (area code 256) events that I am made aware of. Thanks
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

You seem to always be so negative about every event you go to. I suggest you try to start your own since no one else seems to know how to host and event. If memory serves you've found your self frustrated at the free events as well because of the tuner crowd. Every event I have ever been to has pros and cons. Maybe if you'd try focusing on what you liked vs what you didn't like you might have a better out look.
Old June 13th   #7
HOSS429
HOSS429

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
You seem to always be so negative about every event you go to. .
i`m 60 years old .. your`e what 16 .. i need to be catered to .. i dont want fart cans and lowered truck crap at an event ...and i dont want to be told i cant park on the front row by some punk ..( where iv`e been parking for 35 years )
Old June 13th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i`m 60 years old .. your`e what 16 .. i need to be catered to .. i dont want fart cans and lowered truck crap at an event ...and i dont want to be told i cant park on the front row by some punk ..( where iv`e been parking for 35 years )
I'm 30 years old actually and I'm no punk. Your a close minded old man that hates anything new or anyone young. My dad is 62 and Im so proud at how he has kept up with the times. When I turned 16 I wanted a muscle car but insurance wasn't affordable so I bought a "rice burner". As time went on I worked my butt off to make it fast and I did. Finally after I got finished with college I bought my first corvette since I could finally afford a "real" sports car. Since then I've had nothing but American sports cars and am building a 69 Camaro.

Maybe if you took some time to talk to some of these "punks" you might actually have a good time. Instead you'd rather show up and be pissed off at anything that isn't a classic car. Try to remember back when you were young and maybe it will help you relate to these punks. Don't be the old guy that is stuck in his ways. At the end of the day times are changing so either adapt or get left behind.
Old June 13th   #9
HOSS429
HOSS429

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
. Don't be the old guy that is stuck in his ways. At the end of the day times are changing so either adapt or get left behind.
no .. what i remember is when HCS had the huntsville mustang car club on here as members and it thrived and grew too much for the owner to keep up with and he shut it down .. then a year later it came back up without those members ( old guys ) and it has not had near the membership since .. there was a time you could come here and see 10 members online at the same time .. i dont come here and see ten members on a week .. i only come here for the event listings and Marsha ( coupemama ) thankfully takes care of that thru her email listings ... times are changing ,, yeah .. men who claim to be women are allowed in your daughters bathroom .. no thanks ....