Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Ruby Tuesday 3rd Saturday evening cruise-in
Calendar: Events Calendar
coupemama  
June 18th 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Ruby Tuesday, 565 & Wall Triana

3rd Saturday evening cruise-in
no fee; not required to eat, but if you do, will get a 15% discount on food
for all special rides
cruise in and out at your convenience
would love to fill the parking lot
the more to see and visit with the better!
1 members will be attending this event:

Old June 14th   #2
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Reminder: This Saturday evening. Hope to see this parking lot FULL! Thanks, Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I am really trying to help this manager get a good monthly cruise-in at this location. The first 2 months appeared that it would have a good turn out. But these past 2 months have been slow. Is there any suggestions from anyone to help bring in the rides and fill the parking lot. I understand that this parking lot could hold close to 100 rides, and the manager is giving us 15% off food orders. Also he stated there would be door prizes or some sort of rewards for coming. And you are not required to eat.

Is it the location? Is it the restaurant? There is Cracker Barrel next door for a second place to eat (for the ones coming out to eat). Is it the 3rd Saturday evening (if so, could move to another Saturday evening)?

Or any other suggestions? All, good or bad, are welcome. Thank you, Marsha
Old June 19th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Last month you were competing with our DMS show. In my opinion The thing hurting you is don't have any social media presence. This site and your site will help get the old crowd out but most young people that use Facebook have never heard of this event. I know you may not want that crowd at the event any way.

Another big thing is the heat isn't helping.
Old June 20th   #5
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Thank you. This past Saturday evening with the breeze, it felt great. I would love to have a cruise-in that starts as the sun is setting and go until 11pm or midnight. Steak n Shake in Decatur use to last late for many and it was great - lots of fun. But Steak n Shake was also open all night. Too bad we lost that location / parking lot due to Planet Fitness - it was their lot that we were using.

We would definitely like to have a mixture of rides - not just the old or just the new. But an even amount of all. Antiques, classic, muscle, trucks . . . so all will have something of interest. I will do my best to get this out there, and to all the clubs.

Thanks again, Marsha
Old June 20th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

The only other downside I can think of is you're not going to get a lot of through traffic. If this was on more main road with more traffic that would also help.
Old June 20th   #7
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, we realize that this is in a place where you cannot see the restaurant or parking lot from the 2 roads: 565 or Wall Triana. Matter of fact, you cannot even see the Ruby Tuesday sign due to the tall trees, unless you know it is there. The restaurant has a request to cut/trim these trees. Thanks again for suggestions and feedback. We will keep trying and do what we can to help. Told the manager to look into social media.
Old June 20th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Or at least go to shows and hand out fliers. It's time consuming but it works.
Old June 20th   #9
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, I had 500 printed and have passed a pretty good amount out. Will continue to do that as well for the rest of this season. I will be at the Pt Mallard event on July 9th, which has a great turn out, as well as Priceville Annual cruise-in on August 20th.
Old June 21st   #10
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

email from the Ruby Tuesday's manager: I had played around with that a couple months ago but I just sat down and got it done. If you search Ruby Tuesday in FB you'll see it pop up.