Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old September 25th   #1
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

here come de judge

i think next year i may start a new thread with that very title ( here come de judge) not to judge cars at shows but to judge shows themselves. set up a ranking system based on minimum 50 points and max 100 points. rate the content and quality of shows. and grade them. i would have rated the pulaski show an A- which would be very good on my scale. the only gripe is location ( or how difficult it was to find) ,you would not find me at pigeon forge as i already know im not going to drive 400 miles to an event then walk 2 more miles to get to it. waaaaay to big for its pants
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #2
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Thats a good idea to judge the shows if you going to forward the results back to the show personnel so they can improve for the next one??
sixtyfivestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think this is an excellent idea, so I went ahead and split off the posts into their own thread. And I think it can be expanded to any event, just not car shows.

I think the easiest way to implement it is by having a poll for each event. You can create the different choices in the poll, so it can be on a letter scale, or any other basis.

Anyone can set up a poll when posting a new thread, so we should be able to start doing this immediately. What do you think?
Old September 25th   #4
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I think the car show feedback and grading is a good idea, I have no idea how to do what you just said about posts and threads. To think I thought degree-ing a cam and getting carbs jetted correctly was hard.
Old September 25th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

haha...I couldn't tune a carb if I had my life depending on it.

Basically, you start a new thread and there's an option to add a poll to the thread. You select that option and then it walks you through the poll creating. Then anyone registered on the site can vote in the poll.
Old September 25th   #6
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Sounds like a great idea to me.
Old September 26th   #7
HOSS429
HOSS429

treasure hunt

i would like for us ( car scene ) to come up with some kind of on line contest to generate some enthusiasm or motivation to look around the scene. some sort of seek or search . treasure hunt maybe. i would be willing to donate to a little monetary incentive fund..
Old September 26th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Maybe a weekend scavenger hunt covering events! Yeah! Then I won't have to take any more pictures!

I think some sort of scavenger hunt would be neat, but I'm not sure where to begin organizing something like that.
Old September 27th   #9
HOSS429
HOSS429

scavenger hunt

perhaps name a certain type of car that we know will be at an event somewhere within 60 or so miles and the winner be the first to post a picture of it . yes we will think of something.
Old October 9th   #10
HOSS429
HOSS429

theys a new guy in town

good event at cafe 302 last nite. jaymack 75 was there takeing care of buisness. lots of nice rides on hand.quite a few tuner cars on hand also .first time ive stayed till after dark. they need some lites there. 65mustangman was there as was 1BAD 440 . spent about an hour benchracing, saw a few more people i know from home there. quite pleasant. im trying to apologise for the comeing down turn in show activities due to colder weather and mustang man and 440 are saying they are glad to have some down time to change a few things and freshen up some others. as they had not much time to do such in california as the cruise season never ends . both guys commented on how friendly folks are in the south and oddly how well we drive ( may have to get them to explain that) they had never seen a road with a ditch before
Old October 9th   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Oh yeah. It was good seeing you out there hoss, and I really didn't get a chance to meet th eother guys since I was really just polishing up my truck, but hey...thats what the car show is for. There was indeed a really good turn out - considering the weather and all. I tried to get some good pictures but now that dark is coming upon us much sooner I did the best I could with my little flash. Holler whenever you are ready to get them Samir.
Old October 9th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
Oh yeah. It was good seeing you out there hoss, and I really didn't get a chance to meet th eother guys since I was really just polishing up my truck, but hey...thats what the car show is for. There was indeed a really good turn out - considering the weather and all. I tried to get some good pictures but now that dark is coming upon us much sooner I did the best I could with my little flash. Holler whenever you are ready to get them Samir.
I guess I should've called everyone to see if anyone was going. I just assumed because of the weather, the turnout wouldn't be good. I guess I was wrong. Anytime you're ready to get me those pics, I'm ready. Remember that I'm still backlogged quite a bit.
Old October 9th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Next time there's a good turnout at a show and I'm not there, somebody call me, 615-512-5520. I was just working on some site stuff.
Old October 9th   #14
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
I guess I should've called everyone to see if anyone was going. I just assumed because of the weather, the turnout wouldn't be good. I guess I was wrong. Anytime you're ready to get me those pics, I'm ready. Remember that I'm still backlogged quite a bit.
Well number 1: Jennie told me 3 times to call you and I told her that if you'd planned on being there, then you'd have been there. Maybe I should listen to her more often? Number 2: I got good news and bad news...good news is it wont matter that you're backlogged now because...the bad news is...due to a computer screw up, I just lost them all but 3 so I deleted them too just to make it a complete loss. I'm pissed now. Sorry about that.

Last edited by JayMack75; October 9th at 04:06 PM.
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Rule number #1, listen to the woman. Rule #2, don't do it while working on the computer, lol.

It's alright on the pics. I've luckily never had that happen to me because of my very thorough process of taking them off the cameras. But also when you've shot over 50,000 pictures, you get a little practice.
Old October 16th   #16
HOSS429
HOSS429

lost pics

Quote:
2: I got good news and bad news...good news is it wont matter that you're backlogged now because...the bad news is...due to a computer screw up, I just lost them all but 3 so I deleted them too just to make it a complete loss. I'm pissed now. Sorry about that.
bummer , did you also lose the lincoln from the whitesburg show?
Old October 16th   #17
HOSS429
HOSS429

buckhorn show

pretty good show for a ( first time event ) the hot rod and muscle car count was way down but i blame that on the alabama football game. that other colledge also may have had a game ( cowburn or aubarn ) whatever it is called. but i will overlook the old guys because the NOPI - TUNERS types were well represented. had enough cars there to have their own show. even some that impressed me with their paint work. and youth was everywhere so they can have that day. a new gto was there. im sorry boys and girls but it is just another car ( snooze). an RCMC 05 was there with the shaker hood added . it was awesome. a little more notice of the show would have helped. look for this event to grow. you did good Buckscheermom i give it a B . what is an A+ you mite ask. the Saginaw and the RCMC shows earlier this year
Old October 16th   #18
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Steak and Shake, Good show, got there late. Good atmosphere. Many left by 8ish. I took pictures but forgot to put it in night mode. digital camera rookie. Mostly older cars. No complaints. Reminds me of parking lot cruises from a long time ago except we did not go street racing afterwards. 8 out of 10.
Old October 16th   #19
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
bummer , did you also lose the lincoln from the whitesburg show?
No I still have all of those pictures. *whew*
Old October 19th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
No I still have all of those pictures. *whew*
And I've got the CD sitting here in the pile of work to do.