Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 2nd   #1
1FLYG
1FLYG
waiting for the zombie apocalypse

G/Z Tune Shops in or near huntsville?

Hey everyone,
I'm getting ready to install my grounding wires, Motordyne ART Pipes, and Motordyne TDX2 exhaust. once installed I will need a full tune to squeeze all the power I can get out of my G.
I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a pretty good reputable shops that do Tunes for G35/350Z's? or anyone that specialize in Nissans.
Tried to google it but nothing came up unless i overlooked something.

Thanks in advance.
1FLYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd   #2
1FLYG
1FLYG

On Second thought, I haven't heard anything about to many places in huntsville that are great with g35 so I think I will just make the drive back to Atlanta and pay Forged Performance a lil visit.

So I think I will make this post an update on my G since I havent been on the forum for a while.

Since my last thread, I have put on my Nismo front, motordyne 1/2" plenum spacer, and put on my JWT pop charger with a Ztube. Recently, I settled on buying the Motordyne shockwave TDX2 exhaust with the Motordyne ART pipes to complement. Also I purchased a set of grounding wires.

Once I have my full exhaust system set up I will looking for a good tune.

I think after these mods I might do a tranny upgrade with an oil cooler kit to perserve my car a little more seeing that my car is reaching that 100k mark in about another 15k miles.

But thats about it for me and my G.
Hows the car scene during the summer?
Old June 2nd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

You can't go wrong at Forged. Tell Travis and Alex Samir says hi.

I've seen you a couple of times in traffic and you speed up as I approach and we both have a little fun weaving in and out of traffic. I've been in my Accord both times so far, but if you see me in a black Boxster, that's me too.

The car scene is HOT, literally. The temperature skyrockets and the daytime events start to bake you. The night time events pick up a bit because it's cooler at night--if you call 85 degrees cool. But it's fun all around with tons of stuff going on from drag to autocross to rallycross to shows or just hanging out. The town is alive from dawn until well into the night.
Old June 2nd   #4
1FLYG
1FLYG

Yea I remember you in the Accord.
Appricate the info Samir, and trust me when I say i know what you mean when you say its too hot. sometimes i dont even want to drive my car in the heat because I feel that Its punishing my car lol.
but I have to hit up one of the events coming up. I will keep a look out on the forums calender
Old June 2nd   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Cool. Every time I see your plate, I'm like, "hey, I know that G"

I can't wait to beat the heat with a dip in the pool. It's been 80 degrees in there for weeks now. Too bad it's also dirty.

It's in heat like this that I'd be running 50 weight oil. 10w-50 is just right for this type of weather.

Definitely come out to one of the events. I think you'd enjoy an evening cruise-in, with a little less heat. The events coming up for the next 7 days are always on the site homepage.
Old June 2nd   #6
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I would go to Z-1 motorsports in Carrolton. I was highly impressed when I went to their G and Z meet earlier this year. Very nice place, nice guys and a great Nissan specialty shop. Forged I've only heard good things about also so either is probably great.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
I would go to Z-1 motorsports in Carrolton. I was highly impressed when I went to their G and Z meet earlier this year. Very nice place, nice guys and a great Nissan specialty shop. Forged I've only heard good things about also so either is probably great.
They're also another top-notch shop.
Old June 3rd   #8
1FLYG
1FLYG

Yea i know about Z1 as well. i actually stopped by there a couple times when I was passing Carrolton coming from birmingham. I actually bought my pop charger and ztube from them
Old June 11th   #9
6spd_Hayes
6spd_Hayes
is happy to be on US soil

Send a message via AIM to 6spd_Hayes
Art at TrackMasters is now a pro-tuner for Uprev. Have a chat with him before you frive to Z-1 or Forged. I am not knocking Z-1 or Forged, but Art is right in our backyard, and Uprev can definetly get the job done on the tune. If you do go by TrackMasters, tell him Elon with the Maxima pointed you there.
6spd_Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Elon! Great info.
Old June 11th   #11
6spd_Hayes
6spd_Hayes

Anytime Samir. Last time I stopped in to see Art, he said he was tuning with Uprev. I have a long history with that company when I beta tested their Cipher product on my car years ago. Unfortunatley my car is just a year or two two old to take advantage of their Tuning Suite. But as a company, I'd highly recommend them, as well as Art at TrackMasters. As you know, I have dynoed my car there probably a dozen or more times. I think my last dyno chart count, I was in the 40's quantity wise.
Old June 11th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I remember when you first started working with them on that beta test. I'm glad their product has come around and matured. The GZ platform has so much potential.
Old June 11th   #13
6spd_Hayes
6spd_Hayes

I hope to have a VQ powered car for my next vehicle.
Old June 11th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It would be nice if you keep it in the family. The Nissan family, that is.
Old June 12th   #15
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Nissan FTW!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #16
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to cLc
Spend the extra time and money and go to Z1, they are a great bunch of guyZ haha. Forged is hit or miss with the quality of their work and tunes. Also, Z1 specializes in these cars, and have built top quality cars for years, and have an amazing reputation.
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #17
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to cLc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd_Hayes View Post
I hope to have a RB powered car for my next vehicle.
^Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Nissan FTW!
QFT
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
350z, g35, nissan, tune