Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old February 3rd   #1
BamaCoupe
BamaCoupe
has no status.

New here

My name is Matt; I drive a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE that I purchased back in June of 07. I joined this forum about a week ago, but haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet. Luke from Wheel-fix-it told me about this place; I purchased a set of 350Z Track Rays wheels in Atlanta and Luke is repainting them. I'm using the username BamaCoupe because that is my NICO user name, and just in case there is anyone from there they can recognize me at both places (although I only post in the Altima section, but I do lurk the Z forums too). I'm primarily a Nissan guy; the first two cars I owned were an 87 300ZX turbo, and a 90 300ZX N/A. Some other past cars I've owned include 90 Camaro RS with an L98 engine, 89 Trans Am GTA, 97 Acura 3.0 CL and a 99 Honda Prelude. I was a teen in the 90's so you know everything from your teen years are the best, so that is probably a contributor to why these are my favorite cars, but my favorite cars of all time would probably be the 90-96 300ZX, 93-98 RX7 and 93-98 Supra. I've seen some pretty sharp Supra's around Madison that are heavily modded; I think one was red and I can't recall the other but it may have been silver. I also grow up on Mopar's, so I also have great respect for old Mopars. Anyways that's my introduction, and I hope and look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Matt

Last edited by BamaCoupe; February 3rd at 11:21 PM.
BamaCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #2
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

Welcome
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #3
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Welcome! Post pics of your ride . That is pretty much how most of us reckonize eachother lol.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #4
BamaCoupe
BamaCoupe
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
Welcome! Post pics of your ride . That is pretty much how most of us reckonize eachother lol.
I will, but I'd like to wait till after I get my 350Z Track wheels on next week.
Old February 4th   #5
6spd_Hayes
6spd_Hayes
is happy to be on US soil

Send a message via AIM to 6spd_Hayes
Got anything else done to it besides the new wheels? Manual or auto?

Last edited by 6spd_Hayes; February 4th at 11:41 AM.
6spd_Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #6
BamaCoupe
BamaCoupe
has no status.

Here are the most up to date pics I've got (I'm horrible with a camera, and I think at the time of this photo my vinyl roof was photoshopped); I've only done cosmetics to this car, and I'm probably sticking to only cosmetics too. I had a Sebring with the 420a; I had all the bolt-on’s (Intake, header, cat-back and I even had the heads worked), and after the few thousand spent my butt dyno could not fill a difference. Also to answer another question I have the CVT; since the CVT can’t handle much more power than what it already has that keeps me limited to only bolt-on’s if I choose to do any performance mod, and I don't fill the gains out weigh the cost. So far on this car I've tint the windows, eibach lowering springs, black vinyl overlay on my roof, carbon fiber Vinyl overlay on rear diffuser, painted grille's chrome mustache and spray tint on my side markers. Future plans are projector headlights, katzkin’s leather interior, clear LED taillight’s (maybe) and Stillen bodykit (maybe). If I do decide to do some performance mods I may do a cat-back for sound (cheap ebay rather then greddy or something expensive), bullydog GT tunner and since my car has three cats I may delete one with a down pipe. One of my biggest holdup’s on going to wild with the modding is my wife doesn’t get it; I have to tell her things like “I’ll get better gas mileage,” which for my eibach’s and 350Z Track wheel it maybe slightly true.

Here are the 350Z Track wheels that are going on my car; the previous owner had them refurbished and power coated white. When I told the previous owner they are not staying white you could tell he was a little upset, and said "man I paid $280 a wheel for that powder coating." I've never priced powder coating before, but that sounded pretty steep to me, and the funny thing is Luke at Wheel Fix It said "who ever powder coated these wheels should not be powder coating." I'm pretty excited about these wheel; I originally wanted to go with the 35th anniversary 350Z wheels until I seen how much they weigh, so I went with the 18lb a piece 350Z Track wheel. Luke is painting them the same color as the powder coated 40th anniversary 370Z wheels.

Last edited by BamaCoupe; February 4th at 02:54 PM. Reason: image real big
Old February 4th   #7
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Nice! I've always loved Altima coupes of those years.

If you need any audio work or leather kits done, let me know. The link to our shop is in my signature.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #8
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Gonna have to come out to our Nissan meets bro! Third Friday of each month!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th   #9
BamaCoupe
BamaCoupe
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Gonna have to come out to our Nissan meets bro! Third Friday of each month!
Altima's welcome?
like I meanted above I did previously own two Z's; I don't have any digitial photo's of the Z31 Turbo, and the only photo of it I've got I exposed the film to light (I'm showing my age). I did scan a photo of my Z32 years ago, and my finger print.

Here is not a photoshop but a microsoft paint brush job I did years ago; gave the Z a notchback and air dams.
Old February 4th   #10
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Anything Nissan/Infinity is more then welcome!

Old February 4th   #11
6spd_Hayes
6spd_Hayes
is happy to be on US soil

Send a message via AIM to 6spd_Hayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaCoupe View Post
Altima's welcome?
If they will let a Maxima in their midst, they'll ceratinly allow an Altima.
6spd_Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Welcome! I've always wondered if anyone local had one of the 3.5s in an Altima Coupe. It's like having the G/Z platform, but as an Altima.
Quote:
Altima's welcome?
Always. I have three 1st gens. I've got none of them roadworthy right now, but that's another story...
Quote:
Umm...that's Infiniti.
Old February 5th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
My name is Matt; I drive a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE that I purchased back in June of 07. I joined this forum about a week ago, but haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet. Luke from Wheel-fix-it told me about this place; I purchased a set of 350Z Track Rays wheels in Atlanta and Luke is repainting them. I'm using the username BamaCoupe because that is my NICO user name, and just in case there is anyone from there they can recognize me at both places (although I only post in the Altima section, but I do lurk the Z forums too). I'm primarily a Nissan guy; the first two cars I owned were an 87 300ZX turbo, and a 90 300ZX N/A. Some other past cars I've owned include 90 Camaro RS with an L98 engine, 89 Trans Am GTA, 97 Acura 3.0 CL and a 99 Honda Prelude. I was a teen in the 90's so you know everything from your teen years are the best, so that is probably a contributor to why these are my favorite cars, but my favorite cars of all time would probably be the 90-96 300ZX, 93-98 RX7 and 93-98 Supra. I've seen some pretty sharp Supra's around Madison that are heavily modded; I think one was red and I can't recall the other but it may have been silver. I also grow up on Mopar's, so I also have great respect for old Mopars. Anyways that's my introduction, and I hope and look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Matt
Welcome Matt! Can't wait to meet you at one of the Nissan meets and see the car in person. The next one is on the 17th:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2012-2-17&c=1
Old February 5th   #14
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Yeah autocorrect got me lol

Old February 5th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah autocorrect got me lol
lol
Old February 6th   #16
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Here's the link to the Nissan meet. Do you have an FB accout? I can invite you on there also!

http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...#axzz1lbjvhHao

Old February 7th   #17
Wheel Fix It
Wheel Fix It
Is spinning wheels!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Welcome Matt! Glad to see you joined . There is a lot of good folks on here so I am sure you meet several new friends!
Thanks for letting us do the work to your wheels they turned out good and look even better on the car. Did you have any issues with rubbing? And is the ride good?
Huntsville, Al 35816
256-830-9992
Monday-Friday
8am-5pm
Wheel Fix It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th   #18
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Quote:
Even Nissan lovers that drive Mustangs.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th   #19
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
Even Nissan lovers that drive Mustangs.

Old February 8th   #20
BamaCoupe
BamaCoupe
has no status.

Quote:
Here's the link to the Nissan meet. Do you have an FB accout? I can invite you on there also!

http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...#axzz1lbjvhHao
No I'm probably the last person over 5 years old without a facebook account; I need to see what the plans are from the boss (wife) for that Friday, but most Friday nights I'm Mr. Mom because my wife is a night shift nurse that typically work Friday nights.