Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old July 7th   #21
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnsvw
ok ok ok ok look look look look i know how the old people are judging these shows and don't get me wrong but i just can stand to see a new import there with 30 grand sunk in to it and there be a 1970 american what ever that has just been restored big whoop it is not original now dont get me wrong my dream car would be a 1969 yanko camaro with the 427 black with white racing strips but it is the same thing you see at all muscle shows it is never new no originality and most the time the owners got that the way it was from somebody else. i know how they judge and yes i have seen them give alot more rewards to imports then most but im just trying to get the point it is not original it is stock granted clean as can be but not original thas all im saying now that i think this sheet has run out of paper oh wait no paper my bad any way ill shut up now
I know where you're coming from, but a lot of those cars aren't original. They have a lot of tweaks on them (and even more on some like the Ford with the Chevy engine and drivetrain) that you won't notice unless you know the cars. You and I miss these details because we don't know that era of cars like the judges do. But this is also the problem the judges are facing. We can tell when a Passat has different headlights or tails than stock, but they won't notice it because they don't know this era of cars as much as we do. But they do try their best and do much better than most shows to try to learn. It will just take time to become a master of new school and old.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th   #22
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Yup, that's him.
Yeah, what he said...LOL!!
Old July 7th   #23
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnsvw
my dream car would be a 1969 yanko camaro with the 427 black with white racing strips
You want one? I know where you can find one...for a good price, and its immaculate.
Old July 9th   #24
Quinnsvw
Quinnsvw
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

is it a true yanko yeah i love em and by the way samir no offense, not trying to gripe, but i do know old school muscle quite well actually and i can look at them and tell you stock from not i know which ones are tweeked and it is like i say if i was judging one that wasnt stock from one that was would get more points from me but it like i said you got to take the whole car mods then that of taking a 52 ford pickup and slapping a new cobra motor in it that would get high points from me but not so as much if an import rolled up in there with a full body kit engin work stereo system rims and so on but when they judge it is the direct opposit yes i agree alot of it is to do they dont know what there looking at when they are looking at an import and that just boils down to if you have an all catagory show you should have judges who are familiar at what they are looking at .
Quinnsvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th   #25
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Yeah I think it is a true yanko and if its not...it'll be hard to tell.
Old July 10th   #26
SLOBACK
SLOBACK
passing the torch to my girlfriend?!

hey guys...its YENKO
SLOBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #27
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOBACK
hey guys...its YENKO
I knew that...I was just seeing if ya'll could catch it.
Old July 10th   #28
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yenko?
Old July 10th   #29
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Just to update...I talked to the lady that announces at Gurley yesterday and she assured me that she'd make sure I got judged next month. I know its a lot to try to keep up with when you're running a show, I have done it plenty of times...sometimes missing one happens, but thats just how it goes. I'm not mad about it...thats just the way the ball bounces. I had fun anyway, and I'll be there next month as well.
Old July 10th   #30
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm glad they are addressing the issue. I know they're a great bunch of folks that want to put on a great show. Depending on what the Sunday Sonic cruise-in idea looks, I may want to get them involved with that event.