Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old July 8th   #21
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Changed it out, but I noticed some small grewish-white plastic pieces that were in the coolant near the thermostat. They looked like they were liquid that solidified when the coolant became cool. I think they melted off something or were the by-product of something getting hot.

Any clues? I suspect it could be the water pump impeller if it was made of plastic, but that wouldn't make any sense from an engineering standpoint. I'm about to put everything back together and see what happens.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th   #22
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

was your thermostat destroyed . some of the later ones have plastic components.
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th   #23
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
was your thermostat destroyed . some of the later ones have plastic components.
It was definitely stuck one way or the other and it looked like some of the plastic might have come from the thermostat. Everything is back up and running ok now! While I'm here I'm going to go ahead a do a few other things that needed taking care of.
Old July 10th   #24
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I want to give a BIG thank you to Hoss429. Without his help, there is no way I could've gotten a picture of every car in the show.
Old July 11th   #25
HOSS429
HOSS429

i havent worked that hard in quite some time. its monday now and i am about over the soreness. but it gave me a chance to get a good look at every car there . normally i would just head for the ones that grab my attention
Old July 11th   #26
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm still sore from the weekend, and usually am. That's how I know I'm getting older.

I've got quite a bit of work to do processing all the pictures. Just dumping them off the memory cards took a little while.
Old July 11th   #27
HOSS429
HOSS429

side note to saginaw show. i park in one of the north parking lots not knowing you could drive so close to the show. anyway i am the only car in a 15 acre parking lot. a bright red pinto . when i leave there is a 4 door truck of some kind parked next to me. i dont notice untill i get home and rinse off my car that i have a nice new door ding in my passenger door .
Old July 11th   #28
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
side note to saginaw show. i park in one of the north parking lots not knowing you could drive so close to the show. anyway i am the only car in a 15 acre parking lot. a bright red pinto . when i leave there is a 4 door truck of some kind parked next to me. i dont notice untill i get home and rinse off my car that i have a nice new door ding in my passenger door .
Grrr! I hate it when that happens. Why don't people respect other people's stuff?

I haven't gotten a chance to wash my car since I bought it. All the time I do spend on it is with making sure it runs correctly. But just because it's dirty doesn't mean that gives anyone permission to scratch my paint by writing words in the dirt. I've had that happen a time or two, but I nicely talk to the person and let them know that's not nice, and that I won't be nice if that happens again.

I usually end up doing what you do--park ten miles away from everyone. It was much worse on the Altima because it had no side moldings at all. Every ding would show in the sunlight.
Old July 18th   #29
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Pics and videos posted from the show:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...y=2005-7-9&c=1