Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old August 11th   #1
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Strip???

Not that kind of strip guys!!! I was just wondering why HuntsVegas does not have a strip like most other towns. I mean come on if Cullman, Russelville, and other towns like that can have a strip, why cant we? Not saying anything about those towns but their strips used to be pretty nice, I have not been to either in a long while, but they are a great place for people to hang out and it brings lots of different types of people together that would not usually meet. I am just wondering because there are like 5 different hangout spots in Huntsville and Madison. We need to all just designate one big parking lot or somewhere that everyone can just go and hang out. Me and all my friends all hang out at Home Depot on south pkwy, and i know that alot of the Hazel Green people hang out at the car wash, then you got Freds in madison, we need a neutral place for everyone to hang out. What do you guys think? Just a thought.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th   #2
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Well the thing is about the whole hanging out deal is I think that right now as far as it goes there are no problems, but there's proof that the bigger the crowds the bigger the problems. If there were some sort of event going on with some kind of order then there arent any problems, but when people get together just to bust a chill then things can happen...meaning there's always someone that screws it up for everyone else.

For instance, if there were a couple hundred people just chillin in a parking lot, then some dumb@$$ would roll up that was drunk, and think that his little 4 banger could cut doughnuts in reverse...he tries it, loses control, the car goes into the crowd of people hanging out and to a few unlucky parked cars...4 people are dead 8 are injured 3 cars have over $3000 worth of damage to them each and then it becomes a law suit on not only the driver of the car, but also the owner of the property for allowing it to happen. Hence the criminal trespassing charge. Why do you think there's such a police presence in Cullman and Ardmore and everything.

I've thought many times about opening up a place and charge $20 a car load for people to come into a controlled - alcohol and drug free (strictly enforced) environment - but it would cost a lot, and the liability would be huge JUST IN CASE something would happen.
Old August 11th   #3
Munchie
Munchie

Man Jay you put alot of effort into shooting my idea down, thanks alot buddy. lol just kidding. I do see what you are saying, I was just wondering mainly about the strip. How do you even go about getting\making a strip? is there people that say you can or you cant or do you just do it? we should all ride up to one of the strips one day. Like i said I have not been to one of the ones around here in like 3 years, are they still active?
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old August 11th   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

No, its not that. Its that I have had the same ideas. My idea was just to find either an old parking lot and fence it off, or to use some land...have a drag strip in the back, a round track in the middle, and a big ol parking lot in the front just to chill at...or in the infield of the round track. If you were chariging you'd have to have a business license state and local, insurance out the ying yang...if you weren't charging then you'd be personally liable for any and all incidents that may occur on your land.
Old August 11th   #5
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
yeah we need strip to cruise forreal...but i dont think it would work in Huntsville...too many fights and stuff would occur from it and it would end before it could get off the ground...look at madison square mall for instance that place is packed out on fri and sat nites but theres cops everywhere and stuff still happens...not sayin anything bad about the area or anything i just dont think we could have a cool strip and keep it peaceful

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

If you're looking for a cruise strip, University drive is it. I used to drive up and down it all night long. If there wasn't anything going on there, I'd head to south Parkway, but there would usually be less going on there.

It wouldn't be too hard to organize a 40mph, 3 wide, X deep cruise down University drive with the windows down and systems up. It's just a matter of getting everyone to cooperate. Actually, scratch that...maybe it is harder than it seems...lol.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th   #7
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

40 mph would turn into 60 or so (cause if you pay attention to the speed limit signs...its already 45) 3 wide would end up cause wrecks and the systems up would fill up the jails cause the cops would get pissed and start arresting people for having their stereos turned up...either that or dish out the $500 a pop sound ordinance violation tickets. you're right, its harder than it seems. I really did want to do something like this, but its just too many corners to go around and all the hassles just arent worth it.
Old August 12th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think the speed limit would be the easy part because whenever people try to keep up with each other, everyone usually drives slower. And how about just the windows down and radios to the same station? Then no one car has their system up, just the collective sound makes it seem loud, lol.
Old August 12th   #9
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Good point...especially when the cars with the big stereos would drown out the ones with the factory stereos...even at the same volume. It would be kinda hard to get everyone to play the same CD though...
Old August 12th   #10
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
haha that would be hilarious

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I had it going the other night. Open House Party was playing on WZYP, so I told everyone to tune into 104.3. We had about 5 cars playing the exact same thing. It was pretty nice.

Now imagine 30 cars (3 wide, 10 deep) doing the same thing with volume just enough for passengers in each car, but windows down roofs open, etc. It will still be a sight (and sound) to see this group of cars cruising around listening to the same thing.
Old August 13th   #12
firefighterposey
firefighterposey
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

im in

sounds good to me all me crew would love it somewere they could go and show off their strobes and under glows and just ride or park and chill.

FIREHOUSE TRUCKIN PRESIDENT
SHAWN L. POSEY
firefighterposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th   #13
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

hence the parking lot method we got goin on right now. lol
Old August 14th   #14
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

With gas prices the way they are the Parking lot sounds good to me too.
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Someone suggested this location, but I haven't tried it yet--the place where 256 motorsports had their car show.
Old August 14th   #16
Munchie
Munchie

the cops patrol that area constantly cause of all the traffic of jordan and university. that would be a great place to hang out if they would let us though. It has a big enough parking lot for everyone.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old August 14th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I don't think anyone has a problem with a gathering when all laws and ordinances are being followed--without this anywhere goes sour.

Last edited by Samir; August 14th at 06:25 PM.
Old August 15th   #18
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Right, but there's always one idiot...u know that one video...
Old August 15th   #19
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

one bad apple will spoil a bunch
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

But that only happens when the environment supports it. I've usually seen behavior encouraged before it happens. I think if there is no positive reinforcement to the behavior, then it won't happen.