Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Autism Resource Foundation Cars and Coffee
Calendar: Events Calendar
Ernie Tipton  
March 10th 07:30 AM to 10:30 AM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 100 Jetplex Blvd SW, Huntsville, AL 35824

The Autism Resource Foundation is hosting a cars & coffee style meet and greet on March 10, 2012, from 7:30am until 10:30am (time to come out, have some coffee and chat, and still make it to any other car events that day).

There are no registrations or entry fees, just a gathering of car fans to show off what you have and talk cars. All cars and spectators are welcome.

The Autism Resource Foundation will be providing coffee, etc, for a small donation. The long range forecast predicts "brilliant sunshine" (accuweather.com).

So bring your car, maybe a folding chair, but don't stop at McDonalds for your coffee. Please come out and support the Autism Resource Foundation.

The location is 100 Jetplex Blvd. SW, Huntsville, AL 35824. GPS maps are wrong for the Jetplex Industrial Park, so those who do not know the area should use this
google maps link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=100+Je...8&vpsrc=6&z=16

My cell number is 256-656-0365 in case anyone needs some help finding the place.

Many thanks to Samir for his coverage of our previous events, and to all the car people who came out to talk cars and support the Autism Resource Foundation.

Ernie

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A great morning with the promise of a beautiful day made waking up extra early easy. And a lot of people showed up with everything from classic Corvettes, Porsches, Triuphs, and Fiats, to a new GT500 Mustang, an Audi R8 Spyder, and even a brand new Porsche Turbo S. There was something for everyone--from Euro tuning, to kit cars, classic restorations, American muscle, and exotic--you found it here.

Everyone had a good time and really enjoyed our little secluded spot with plenty of parking. The view to the road is also nice where you can hear the pleasant hum of a car leaving the event.

Ernie mentioned making this event a staple at the second Saturday of every month. Once this is finalized, Huntsville will have its own official Cars and Coffee. No more driving to Nashville or Atlanta to enjoy an early morning event. Everyone has agreed that it is a good location, including exotic owners, so we should see some really great cars here every month. And of course, it's for a great cause supporting a local charity that's directly helping our community.

Enjoy the pictures and videos, and I'll see everyone next time! -- Samir
10 members will be attending this event:

Old February 27th   #2
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
That Google maps link sends me to Kansas, by the way.

I will probably be there.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Same here. The event is located off Wal Triania just James Rector Rd. on the left if you're coming from 565.
Old March 5th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

and I would be out of town for this...........I was looking forward to it since it's the first show/meet/whatever of the year.
Old March 5th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post Ernie! Great to run into you at CBI this weekend and grab a shot of the flyer.

I've been trying to get in touch with you to meet with you about moving this event to Providence Cafe in Providence. I think the event could be much larger at this venue, and Providence Cafe is willing to donate a portion of the proceeds to ARF. Get in touch with me when you can, 615-512-5520.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Same here. The event is located off Wal Triania just James Rector Rd. on the left if you're coming from 565.
Link fixed.

Last edited by Samir; March 5th at 09:55 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the post Ernie! Great to run into you at CBI this weekend and grab a shot of the flyer.

I've been trying to get in touch with you to meet with you about moving this event to Providence Cafe in Providence. I think the event could be much larger at this venue, and Providence Cafe is willing to donate a portion of the proceeds to ARF. Get in touch with me when you can, 615-512-5520.

Link fixed.
I like where this is headed.
Old March 5th   #7
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Providence would be an awesome location!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate after all, aside from being a little chilly. I still hate I'm going to miss this.
Old March 9th   #9
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Yeah Providence is much closer for me and I'd think it would be a better location for most others as well.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I like where this is headed.
Quote:
Providence would be an awesome location!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Yeah Providence is much closer for me and I'd think it would be a better location for most others as well.
And the idea goes down the tubes--Providence Cafe no longer exists. It would have been the perfect venue and we probably could have helped them survive.

The Lesson? Businesses can miss opportunities when they forget about enthusiasts and Huntsville Car Scene.com.