Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old April 18th   #1
Brett256
Brett256
has no status.

Is street racing dead?

Curious about the Huntsville area. I used to street race @ Martin Rd back in the early to mid 90's and have some good memories from that era. 20 some years later I read there were laws passed introducing higher fines for both participating in street racing as well as watching. So just out of curiosity does street racing still take place around here? or is the random traffic light race all that's left?

Last edited by Brett256; April 18th at 09:00 PM.
Brett256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett256 View Post
Curious about the Huntsville area. I used to street race @ Martin Rd back in the early to mid 90's and have some good memories from that era. 20 some years later I read there were laws passed introducing higher fines for both participating in street racing as well as watching. So just out of curiosity does street racing still take place around here? or is the random traffic light race all that's left?
It's still around. It's not nearly as organized as it once was though.
Old July 1st   #3
Brett256
Brett256
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
It's still around. It's not nearly as organized as it once was though.
Any spots to check out in or near Huntsville? Not talking about ricers hanging out either
Brett256 is offline   Reply With Quote