Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Cycle Gear Bike Night Tour and TopEnd.tv Premiere
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

August 11th 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Cycle Gear, 8922 Memorial Parkway SW, Huntsville, AL

From the web site:

"Join us for the Cycle Gear Dunlop Bike Night Tour presented by GoPro. Enjoy free food, fun, and prizes from 6 to 9 pm. There will be a drawing for a free pair of Dunlop tires, exclusive GoPro discount coupons, limited edition Cycle Gear Bike Night T-shirts, special guests and more!"

This bike night will also be the launch premiere for TopEnd.tv, a motorcycle web-show that I've been proud to work on quietly for the last few months with my fellow crew members. You'll be able to see three episodes right here at Cycle Gear and can check out the website now for a preview.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

It was my first bike night at Cycle Gear, and I arrived early as I knew there would be some setup for TopEnd.tv. Plus, I've never checked out the store, so I wanted to see what they had. I was greeted my Jaime who had known of me but had never met me. He was setting up, so I got my gear and set up too. When we both were finished, I took a look around in the store and was pretty impressed at some of the stuff I found like Motul 600 and Castrol GT LMA brake fluids as well as european motor oils that still meet API SL for automobiles. It's just not for bikes that's for sure. Jaime gave me a bike night t-shirt, which was really cool.

Kevin arrived on the Kawasaki Z1000 while I was looking at all the great fluids inside Cycle Gear. We featured a review on this bike in the first episode of TopEnd.tv, and were going to set it up to be on display inside the store. I helped Kevin with the setup, and then he gave me a real tool--the Rebel T2i that we use to shoot all the episodes with. I've been using this camera for months as a video camera, and finally I got to use this camera against my trusty Sony. Of course, I knew it can blow the Sony out of the water, but it's nice to compare the two in the same environment.

Shortly after Kevin arrived, Kevin-Kevin (aka K2, et al) arrived with the BMW S1000RR. We reviewed this bike as well on an episode of TopEnd.tv. We got it settled on display inside beside the Z1000.

Slowly the other bikes started to trickle in. At first, I was expecting more sportbikes than anything, but as I saw some cruisers pull in rather than speed past to Blackwater Hattie's, I realized that this bike night is unlike any of the others in town. There were some classic bikes, some European, some Japanese, some cruisers, and sportbikes. It was a really good mix, and a good turnout considering the threat of rain.

Jen arrived in her female limited edition TopEnd.tv t-shirt (one of one!), and she brought burgers from Burger King for us because Kevin didn't text her to let her know there would be food, lol. And she's been on a mission to fatten me up for some reason, so I downed the triple stacker and the other hamburger like water. The Cycle Gear burgers were excellent and with your choice of cheese! But I only had a chance to sample one of those after we premiered TopEnd.tv. Yes, I was still hungry after the Burger King. I have a ravenous appetite.

The premiere itself was a pretty neat experience. All the lines we could never get right in the moment were by now engraved in our head as we followed along with each episode. Even Kevin's wife who had to hear the editing of the episodes knew all the lines, lol. Kevin-Kevin and I had seen the DVD, but Jen hadn't. Jen was wearing the same t-shirt in the episodes, so she looked identical to herself on TV.

I watched the faces in the audience intently as they looked up at the three monitors in the center of the store. They were really listening and watching the show, just like any other TV show. They got our jokes, they loved the outtakes, and some even made it through all three episodes, which is over 30 minutes when played back-to-back-to-back like we did.

Kevin had a whole host of family with him including his parents. It was a proud moment for him. It was a proud moment for all of us as we saw our work unfold and be enjoyed by the public. It's definitely inspiration for the next episodes to come. Keep watching!

I want to thank Jaime and the staff at Cycle Gear for a warm welcome and a great time. I'll be back for sure, and maybe to get some stuff from the store as well.
2 members will be attending this event:

Old August 11th   #2
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Heck yeah man. Wish I could be there but like always I have work to do. It sucks that my only day off is on a freaking Tuesday of all things lol.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote