Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 31st   #1
mtill58513
mtill58513
Not working for the man any more...wait that's a bit of a bad thing isn't it?

The HCS car guy bucket list

I went online this weekend and purchased a ticket for the NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indy over the Labor Day weekend. I've wanted to go to a big NHRA race and finally bit the bullet. Along with that, I want to go to the Bonneville Salt Flats and watch the speed runs out there. With that said, what would you folks like to go out and do carwise before you kick the bucket?(Other than finishing up your own cars )
Old July 31st   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

SEMA is where I want to go.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st   #3
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I want to attend one major national event or show with a vehicle I built and place. I'm actually trying for the show Octane Academy. Just have to figure out a good video to do. Can't be any driving or they won't publish it. I have a few ideas but got to get time to actually do it and show them I can get just as crazy as they can . I don't care if I win, I just want to be apart of it.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st   #4
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
SEMA is where I want to go.
If I ever get to go again, I'll take you with me.

Let's see...drive a Ferrari for an extended time, like a few months. Same with a Lamborghini.

Buy a Porsche 997 Twin Turbo and drive it cross country hitting route 66. Zigzag the entire US North to South and East to West on the major Interstates, let my fancy take me off road at will.

Meet Jay Leno and talk about cars as we walk around his toys.

Participate in one of those Gumball type races that takes you around the world and have the time of my life.

Drive in places like Australia and the older Russian countries, as well as Europe. Maybe even just ship the Boxster around the world with me and drive in every country I can.

Participate in the shooting of a real car brochure with the photographer guiding me and me using my instinct.

Start a car scene the third-world has never seen in Mumbai, India.

Cruise the streets of London with my uncle in the Boxster and convince him that this is why driving is cool and he should get a license. He's 10yrs older than me and has never gotten one. The public transport is so good in London you don't need one. And having a car is uber expensive.

Get a tour of a few ultra-exotics and get to test drive them long enough to get a feel for them.

Work with an engineering firm to design my own car--made for me, to my specifications.

Buy a DeLorean.

Buy this house to keep all my toys:
http://carproperty.com/foreclosed-ho...-ad4932591.htm

All I can think of right now.
Old July 31st   #5
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Wow! Umm...Speachless. I think you have everyone beat Samir. You have like 5 that I would like to do. The cruise older Russia counties(cause of my Ukraine heritage), meet Jay Leno(I want to see the McLaren F1 up close), have a car built for me, own a DeLorean (I know the secrets to the Flux Capasitor (sp?)) lol and the house. Me and the wife have an agreement, our house is pretty much going to be one huge garage with a wrap around front porch and a huge kitchen lol.
Old July 31st   #6
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

I dream big. And then I try to figure out how to make them reality.
Old July 31st   #7
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Nothing wrong with that. I still dream I'll have my own garage and even a tattoo shop in there as well lol. I want that 50k sq.ft. garage with a performance parts store as well . Me and my dad both had that dream, I think my dad has gave up on it tho .
Old July 31st   #8
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

My good friend Clint learned this from one of the Astin Martin/Ferrari owners at the dealership where he used to work:
"A dream is a goal without a plan." In other words, a goal is a dream with a plan.
Old July 31st   #9
iVolkswagen
iVolkswagen
Kraft Durch Freude

I would like to go to Hessisch Oldendorf, a huge amazing VW show in Germany that happens once every 3 years. The whole town just shuts down and turns into VW WORLD...haha. The love for VW over there is amazing.

Also I would like to drive the 1938 Beetle in Germany (oldest VW in the world)
....aaannnd maybe a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, or some other type of super car.

Here's a video of Hessisch Oldendorf, if anybody is interested. Well made video and amazing rare VWs...worth the watch if you have the time and love for VW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZFSpNm-GH8

Last edited by iVolkswagen; July 31st at 09:49 PM.
iVolkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st   #10
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVolkswagen View Post
I would like to go to Hessisch Oldendorf, a huge amazing VW show in Germany that happens once every 3 years. The whole town just shuts down and turns into VW WORLD...haha. The love for VW over there is amazing.
How does this compare with Worthersee or Southern Worthersee?
Old July 31st   #11
iVolkswagen
iVolkswagen
Kraft Durch Freude

Well Oldendorf is pretty much 100% Aircooled and truly early VWs. (tons of splits, hebmullers, coachbuilds, etc). Plus its pretty huge. I'm not sure how big Southern Wörthersee is, as I have never been...but It seems like S Wörthersee would be a little bit more waterpumper than aircooled.
That being said, I would still love to go to either of them.
iVolkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st   #12
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Sounds like the Worthersee for the aircooleds. Southern Worthersee is HUGE and is put on by our very own H2O Tuning. Check out the site: www.southernworthersee.com
Old August 1st   #13
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Samir, All I can say is that you better get started on your list real soon!!!!!
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st   #14
Quincy
Quincy
needs to get back in the gym

I know that some of us are in different income brackets, but something that I plan to do (even though it is technically outside my income capabilities) is to a attend a world class driving event. This experience lets you drive cars like the Mercedes McLaren and the Ferrari Italia. They travel all over the country and it costs about 2 G's for you to alternate with somebody. If two people go and you both want to drive every car, it will run 3K plus. Definitely on my bucket list to do (unless I win the lottery, then I would just buy them all)
http://www.worldclassdriving.com/
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st   #15
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
Samir, All I can say is that you better get started on your list real soon!!!!!
These are within my reach right now, but I better be dying right after all this or I'll have all sorts of financial problems, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Buy a Porsche 997 Twin Turbo and drive it cross country hitting route 66. Zigzag the entire US North to South and East to West on the major Interstates, let my fancy take me off road at will.

Meet Jay Leno and talk about cars as we walk around his toys.

Start a car scene the third-world has never seen in Mumbai, India.

Buy a DeLorean.
When my health starts to deteroriate and I'm in the last few years of my life. That 997 will happen. And then I'll just visit all my extended family throughout the US spending time with them before I croak. If I have time, I'll sell the car and then do the Europe and India legs, visiting those relatives too, although if I was in bad health, I won't make it out alive from India--that place is rough if you don't have immunity to all the stuff going around there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
I know that some of us are in different income brackets, but something that I plan to do (even though it is technically outside my income capabilities) is to a attend a world class driving event. This experience lets you drive cars like the Mercedes McLaren and the Ferrari Italia. They travel all over the country and it costs about 2 G's for you to alternate with somebody. If two people go and you both want to drive every car, it will run 3K plus. Definitely on my bucket list to do (unless I win the lottery, then I would just buy them all)
http://www.worldclassdriving.com/
Nice! I didn't know how I was going to drive all the ultra-exotics, but now I do.
Old August 13th   #16
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

i would like to have my dream house that does have the huge rap around front porch like my husband mentioned & his dream garage. I would also like to take a classic w/a drop top an tour Europe in it
i want to build a custom VW beetle for my mom & fix up my grandpa's old truck & give it to my cousin as a wedding present whenever that time comes.
i want to build my dream rat rod with my wonderful husband.
oh an i would love to see the northern lights. i know thats not car related but thats always been something i said id do before i kicked it.
lastly, i want to make sure i do everything i can to remind the next generation to keep the classics alive & that sometimes simple ways of life arent bad, and sunday drives are great ways to end a week
Old August 13th   #17
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Well babe this was the car guy bucket list, but honestly you brought a few tears to my eyes with that. I'm so proud of you lol. I have taught you very well
Old August 13th   #18
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

lol oops sorry..sun fried my brain lol. and its not so much you taught me as that you've helped me grow & learn to love and appreachate things i never thought i would. hehe your a pain but i love you
Old August 13th   #19
jymor
jymor
has no status.

I want to drive the Nordschleife on the Nürburgring. But I'll probably have to settle for driving it on a game console.
jymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th   #20
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

If meeting Barry Meguiar was on your bucket list, this is your chance to meet him:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2011-9-17&c=1