Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old March 28th   #41
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Yes I do realize that. But they say the best way to make a kid grow up is to treat them like an adult. That and punish them when do do wrong. Don't get yourself banned. Only two people in history have done that.
Does that mean you are going to spank me?!?!?! ;-) I hope I don't get banned, I have already been banned from SupraForums for dissing a vendor whom is a complete special person.
4nmscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th   #42
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I think we should ban the people who are immature and can't over look a cuss word or two

(Not directed at you Samir for the rules... talking about other people who "get offended" )

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th   #43
ray
ray

Last edited by ray; March 28th at 03:19 PM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th   #44
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating

No, Samir is right. Curse words for the most part are shown in ignorance. We are all educated individuals and should act that way, but.... when I get around Sammy I plan on, how do they say, "acting like a fool with my pants on the ground!!!".
Old March 28th   #45
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
LMAO! I mean... LMBO!

Old March 28th   #46
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nmscle View Post
No, Samir is right. Curse words for the most part are shown in ignorance. We are all educated individuals and should act that way, but.... when I get around Sammy I plan on, how do they say, "acting like a fool with my pants on the ground!!!".
Lol I love you Jeremy but I couldn't disagree more! Now I understand not acting like a rap video! But a word here or there can't hurt that much.

Old March 28th   #47
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating

Quote:
waffle waffle waffle!!!
Old March 28th   #48
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Lol I love you Jeremy but I couldn't disagree more! Now I understand not acting like a rap video! But a word here or there can't hurt that much.
I agree to an extent, but I think we should vote on a word to substitute for it. Let's find some word to nominate and we can vote on the word that we are going to substitute for all curse words.
Old March 28th   #49
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
I agree to an extent, but I think we should vote on a word to substitute for it. Let's find some word to nominate and we can vote on the word that we are going to substitute for all curse words.
That's a good idea lol

Old March 28th   #50
ray
ray

Quote:
That's a good idea lol
It needs to be something completely unrelated though. Not even close to the word it is replacing. That way when used people have no idea what we mean.
Old March 28th   #51
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating

blue waffle?!?!? Or can we just say Miranda?!?!? Ouch that was a joke. I apologize. Well lets start a new topic and nominate.
Old March 28th   #52
ray
ray

Quote:
blue waffle?!?!? Or can we just say Miranda?!?!? Ouch that was a joke. I apologize. Well lets start a new topic and nominate.
I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to make references to things of this nature but have bitten my tongue on this forum.

So you sir...

Old March 28th   #53
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating

I agree, very uncalled for and I apologize.
Old March 29th   #54
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I think we should ban the people who are immature and can't over look a cuss word or two

(Not directed at you Samir for the rules... talking about other people who "get offended" )
So tell me. Would you like to ban a future enthusiast who is 3yrs old and thinks your car is cool and found it on HCS?

I thought this rule hard and long after looking at how the car culture works, especially when interacting with the outside world. No one talks like a frat boy in real life to real people and gets taken seriously. There's thousands of forums where language has scared off advertisers, sponsors, and businesses that don't want to be associated with that sort of thing.
Quote:
Exactly. There's always a decent way to say anything you want to say. Now, being silly in person is a different thing because it's not being broadcasted via media.
Quote:
Oden!!
Quote:
When you have kids, you'll understand this more.
Quote:
Quote:
That's a good idea lol
Quote:
It needs to be something completely unrelated though. Not even close to the word it is replacing. That way when used people have no idea what we mean.
Quote:
Nope, that's not going to work. The intent is to say what you mean in a way that someone will understand it and perceive it to be vulgar.
Old March 29th   #55
bigben
bigben
has no status.

Blue Waffles

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th   #56
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Ouch! lol

Quote:
So tell me. Would you like to ban a future enthusiast who is 3yrs old and thinks your car is cool and found it on HCS?

I thought this rule hard and long after looking at how the car culture works, especially when interacting with the outside world. No one talks like a frat boy in real life to real people and gets taken seriously. There's thousands of forums where language has scared off advertisers, sponsors, and businesses that don't want to be associated with that sort of thing.
Exactly. There's always a decent way to say anything you want to say. Now, being silly in person is a different thing because it's not being broadcasted via media.
When you have kids, you'll understand this more.

Boo lol. Like I said, I'll follow the rules of course and I don't cuss like a sailor (sometimes lol) but I do have respect for ones who are totally against it and try to keep it to a minimum. Things slip though... esp when we aren't thinking... happens to me a lot

Old March 29th   #57
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Ouch! lol
Yes, and the way it was presented, it borders on a violation of 5.a.2.
Quote:
Boo lol. Like I said, I'll follow the rules of course and I don't cuss like a sailor (sometimes lol) but I do have respect for ones who are totally against it and try to keep it to a minimum. Things slip though... esp when we aren't thinking... happens to me a lot
I know. You all know how I talk in real life, but those are one-to-one communications. Forums are one-to-many, in this case thousands. So there is a responsibility as a publisher to ensure that the content is appropriate for the audience.

Last edited by Samir; March 29th at 11:44 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th   #58
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating

Quote:
Nope, that's not going to work. The intent is to say what you mean in a way that someone will understand it and perceive it to be vulgar.
Grrrr. I vote for a section for adults to cuss at each other. Even if it makes no sense. Call it X-Rated :-)
Old March 29th   #59
ray
ray

Quote:
Grrrr. I vote for a section for adults to cuss at each other. Even if it makes no sense. Call it X-Rated :-)
I think a "Flame" board that is hidden but accessible would be an interesting solution to this. Hahaha
Old March 29th   #60
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating

CO wrecked.