Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old June 29th   #1
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

Samir,
with all the new peeps showing up
does the site need a noob into area?

nobo intro

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif

Last edited by Samir; June 30th at 12:23 AM. Reason: fixed link
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I've got even a better idea--an intro area that doubles as a blog for each user. I'll see what I can do about setting it up soon.
Old June 30th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

i see the need for a moderator or two in the near future. i nominate spook and private eye
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #4
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Intro???? that was one of the first questions that I asked on this board. A discussion was made on this subject. Now that the board has got so big should a intro be done?? I guess it like coming into your house or garage going to the frig grabbing a beer and start a talking with no one who in the world you are...... if its to loud your to old..
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #5
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Samir have you ever thought of making your website more EYE CANDYISH?lol I could not think of any other way of saying it.lol Not that I dont like it the way it is, I love it, cause it is VERY EASY to navigate. But like other forums, and websites having FLASH stuff, and other little animated and slideshow style things with Vibrant colors and such. I am in no way implying anything, just wondering if it ever crossed your mind. If you had anymore plans for the website, or if it was pretty much what you wanted it to be as of right now. I know that it is probably more than you expected,lol with all the HUGE NUMBERS OF HITS YOU GET ALL THE TIME.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie
Samir have you ever thought of making your website more EYE CANDYISH?lol I could not think of any other way of saying it.lol Not that I dont like it the way it is, I love it, cause it is VERY EASY to navigate. But like other forums, and websites having FLASH stuff, and other little animated and slideshow style things with Vibrant colors and such. I am in no way implying anything, just wondering if it ever crossed your mind. If you had anymore plans for the website, or if it was pretty much what you wanted it to be as of right now. I know that it is probably more than you expected,lol with all the HUGE NUMBERS OF HITS YOU GET ALL THE TIME.
You know me, I always welcome suggestions.

This site is nowhere near where I want it to be. It opened in October 2004 about 70% complete and has pretty much stayed there. There's tons more I want to do, but coding all of it isn't my forte. And apparently finding good, reliable people that can do this sort of stuff is worse than the needle in the haystack.

I actually was talking to someone about a complete revamp of the site, including a bit of a newer look. He had everything set up on a test server for me to review, but I didn't get a chance. So we were rescheduled for the next week and now I can't get in touch with him. Such is the nature of this beast.

Worse come worse, I'll have to do it myself, but that will in between emails, phone calls, advertising sales, event coverage, sleeping, and eating. Honestly, there's not enough hours in a day for all the work that comes along.
Old July 27th   #7
CADster
CADster
has no status.

oh god.. please no bandwidth eating flash crap.. or sound clips, or my space junk.

just the facts please

what we NEED is a FOR SALE/WANTED section !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn it !!!!!!!!!!

your doing great, Samir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
I actually was talking to someone about a complete revamp of the site, including a bit of a newer look. He had everything set up on a test server for me to review, but I didn't get a chance. So we were rescheduled for the next week and now I can't get in touch with him. Such is the nature of this beast.

Worse come worse, I'll have to do it myself, but that will in between emails, phone calls, advertising sales, event coverage, sleeping, and eating. Honestly, there's not enough hours in a day for all the work that comes along.
you need to pass off some of this to another.

you wanting to maintain control is holding you back IMO.

if all thats done here is only done by one person (you) then your killing yourself.

you really need to take the plunge and share the resonsibility.

Last edited by blakdak91; July 27th at 07:36 PM.
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdak91
oh god.. please no bandwidth eating flash crap.. or sound clips, or my space junk.
Nope. That doesn't look professional or help with anything.
Quote:
what we NEED is a FOR SALE/WANTED section !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, among other things. It's on the list and ETA is unavailable.

Quote:
you need to pass off some of this to another.

you wanting to maintain control is holding you back IMO.

if all thats done here is only done by one person (you) then your killing yourself.

you really need to take the plunge and share the resonsibility.
I don't mind working with people that share the vision that has made Huntsville Car Scene what it is. But the problem is that people with time and resources to volunteer seem to be non-existant.

So I have a choice, change the vision or be ready to pay for the type of work I need done. I won't be compromising the vision. And while I'm over 20k in debt thanks to this site, I'm willing to get further in debt if I have good outsource partners that can help complete the vision that has driven Huntsville Car Scene from the beginning.

There's going to be a whole thread on this subject soon. I'm out of town this weekend taking a break from all this, so I'll have better perspective from my reflection on all this over this weekend. Stay tuned...