Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

EuroBrit Auto & Bike Expo
Calendar: Events Calendar
Wendell  
June 4th to June 5th 05:00 PM to 03:30 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Dublin Park, Madison, AL

North Alabama British Motoring Society (NABMS) will hold its annual EuroBrit Car Show. This event is open to ALL European cars & motorcycles. Friday will be a scenic drive followed by dinner & social provided by NABMS. Saturday the car show will be held at Dublin Park in Madison. See http://nabms.org/EuroBrit/2010/EuroBritHome.htm for more info

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

It had been several years since I attended EuroBrit and I was really happy that I was able to make it.

The weekend started with a Friday drive that was described as "interesting" by popular opinion. Rain wasn't anticipated by some, but convertible tops, including one spare, kept everyone relatively dry. There weren't too many mechanical troubles either, considering the full load of headlights and wipers on the electrical systems.

After the main group got split and the rain started getting heavier, one group headed on to the final destination while the other group persevered and found a way around an accident that blocked the main start of the drive. The drive itself was fun and non-eventful. There was even a spectator who bowed down to the string of cars that drove by. The music selection on the radio was centering on girls in all the video clips, so I just took that as a reference to the cars.

Once we all convened at Klassic Autos, the parking lots were full of European marques new and old. And of course the rain had stopped, but left a gorgeous sunset as a backdrop for the cars. And the food was plentiful inside under the lift--a perfect backdrop to the operating garage that was the dinner hall. The conversations and camaraderie were great. It was good to see sok07 with his new project car. Definitely different than the other cars that he has. judge4re brought out his newly acquired Bentley as well and put it through the paces of the drive. Wendell brought out his Opel GT to round out just a sampling of the cars that would be on display on Saturday.

Saturday's weather was much different than Friday's drive, with bright blue skies and clouds shading us from the bright sun intermittantly. It was perfect weather for a car show in the park. A gentle breeze cooled the skin as the heat of the day turned up. Almost a hundred cars were on display amidst the trees at Dublin park. A strong contingency from the North Alabama Volkwagon Club centered on the plateau at the top of the park hill. Spook and the guys from Airkooled Kustoms were present displaying their newest work and hanging out. judge4re not only brought his Bentley to show, but also a Ferrari, which felt right at home among the other European marques. The Jaguar display chronicled the historical styling of the XJ, with several years in order. You could easily see the trademark design in the cars displayed side-by-side. Several Spitfires and TR6's were on display side-by-side, making for easy comparison. The Austin Healey display also had a great showing.

The cloud cover made for perfect lighting at times, so there's some really great photos. And be sure to check out the videos of the drive. It was great to see everyone again, and I'll see everyone next year. -- Samir
6 members will be attending this event:

Old March 10th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for posting the event Wendell!
Old March 12th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

assuming I buy what I'm looking for I just might attend this.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

This is a great event for European models you normally don't see out. Austin Healey's, Jaguars, MGs, Fiats, etc.
Old March 14th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

and Lotus......
Old March 14th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDM View Post
and Lotus......
Elise? Esprit? So which one are you pondering?
Old March 15th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Elise or Exige.....still unsure at this exact moment. Pretty much the same car to the untrained eye.
Old March 15th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Elise or Exige.....still unsure at this exact moment. Pretty much the same car to the untrained eye.
Awesome car, but they aren't too fun on any extended trip due to the mildly padded seat. There's a couple in the area including a silver one with black stripes that's modded. He hangs out with the Porsche club a lot, so you may be able to catch him at one of the club meetings. I'm sure he'd be a wealth of info.
Old March 15th   #9
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'm just looking for a weekend car that's not a "ricer car", saying that it should explain my logic behind selling the Z and the CRX. I've actually got seats out of a Lotus Elise in my CRX so I know they're not to good for the long hauls.

I went to Atlanta a few weeks ago and drove a supercharged one. Needless to say the N/A one is not even an option after driving the F/I model. I'm just in the process of finding one with a few mods but still something I can add to so I can make it my own. I'm looking to try and make around 280whp just for the fact that the car would literally be a track beast with good straight line power.

Hopefully I'll be able to come up with one in the next month. That's the goal atleast. I'm trying to get my Series 7 exam taken care of the next few weeks, then I just might have some free time again.....well maybe not free time but atleast I won't be studying every waking moment that I'm not at work.
Old March 15th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Sounds like you've got a solid plan laid out.

The Elise with FI has always been a crazy awesome car. Power and handling, where do I sign up!

I hope you find what you're looking for soon. It's also a nice top out cruiser, and the spring days will beckon you once they're here.

PS. Your registered email is bouncing back.

Last edited by Samir; March 15th at 08:35 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #11
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

They just recently did something with the uah email and needless to say it's no long active. I've just converted them all to my gmail account. Just like the name i dont see a way to convert it....
Old March 16th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
They just recently did something with the uah email and needless to say it's no long active. I've just converted them all to my gmail account. Just like the name i dont see a way to convert it....
Ahh...that makes sense. To change it, go to your User CP. There you can change all sorts of options.
Old April 6th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just saw the video from last year. What a great turnout! Can't wait for this year!
Old June 1st   #14
mboxtyger
mboxtyger
has no status.

I'll be there-come see me...

Dolphe
mboxtyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th   #15
judge4re
judge4re
has no status.

Going to take the Bentley tonight. Likely the Bentley and one of the V8 Ferraris to the show tomorrow.
judge4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It'll be good to see you again. I'm bringing a Merc for the cruise.
Old June 5th   #17
judge4re
judge4re
has no status.

Had a great time everyone, thanks for bring out all of the cars.
judge4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

And thank you for bringing out the Bentley and the Ferrari.
Old June 8th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Mark from Belle Ridge Photography was also taking pictures of the event and will be donating all profits from photo sales will go to First Stop and the Autism Resource Foundation. Thank you Mark!

Old June 8th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Spook also took quite a few pictures: http://photobucket.com/eurobrit2010