Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

The Shoals Classic Auto Expo Collector Car Auction Car Show & Swap Meet
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

October 30th 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Highway 101 Dealer Auto Auction, 2100 HWY 101, Rogersville, AL

This event is a classic car auction, car show, and swap meet all rolled up into one. The event is rain or shine.

The auction is open to the public and to all year models. Auction is limited to 200 Cars, and project cars and trucks are welcome.

Registration for the car show is $25 and ends at noon. Additional entries by the same owner are $15. The car show is open to all makes and models with dash plaques to first 150 registered. There are 5 categories based on year. Awards will be Top 50 overall plus Top 5 in each catagory, Best Of Awards for interior/paint/etc., and Best of Show Car and Best of Show Truck. In addition, there will also be Door Prizes, Event T-Shirts, as well as food, and a Live DJ's playing the classics.

Swap meet space is $35 per space and is open to all automobile memorbilia/petrolina/classic car related vendors/sellers. Call for space details, and space must reserved in advance.

More information as it becomes available.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

I was running a bit behind schedule for this event, but made it just in time as the trophies were being awarded. Lots of people loved the Top 5 trophies, as their unique design grabbed anyone's attention.

I was able to quickly take a picture of each car that was there. But at 3pm, some of the cars had aready left. It was good to see some old friends like Jason Ingram who built the NOS bike that was used in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. I knew they were just recently filming the fifth movie in the series outside of Georgia since a model friend of mine was an extra on set. It's been a couple of years since Jason and I connected, but hopefully we can put together a premiere event for the fifth movie like Huntsville has never seen. Stay tuned. He also mentioned that a sixth movie is already in the works.

The auction had some seriously nice cars running through the line, and at a first glance at the parking lot it was hard to tell where the car show ended and the auction cars started since they all had their hoods open. But you knew which were which pretty quickly. I took a few pictures of the auction cars before I had to leave for the next event.

On the way out, I took a different route which was a quicker way to get to Madison. It took me across the Wheeler dam where I missed getting a good picture of the different water levels on each side of the dam. It was pretty neat to see. I also didn't have enough time to stop by "The Dam Store" nearby and grab a picture of that too, lol. But I did manage to get some shots of some cars and bikes in traffic as I zipped along my way. See everyone next time.
3 members will be attending this event:

Old September 3rd   #2
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

Shoals Classic Auto Expo Collector Car Auction Car Show & Swap Meet Oct 30th !!

Coming to The Shoals, Saturday OCT 30th for its premier Alabama Event, "The Shoals Classic Auto Expo" Collector Car Auction, Car Show & Swap Meet to be held at the new HIGHWAY 101 DEALER AUTO AUCTION 40 Acre FACILITIES, located 1/2 mile off Hwy 72 at 2100 HWY 101 in Rogersville, Alabama. Auction is Open to the Public and to all year models and held indoors rain or shine!! Sale starts at 10AM. Buy or Sell your favorite Classics, Muscle Cars, Street Rods, Corvettes, Trucks, Specialty Cars..you name it, they will be here!! Auction will be Limited to 200 Cars so Consign now for best run numbers. Projects cars and trucks also welcome!! Buyers and Sellers expected from all over the Mid-South and surrounding States so here is your chance to get that Classic in front of buyers looking for it !!

Looking for parts, come browse or bring your items for sale to the huge Swap Meet. All Automobile Memorbilia/Petrolina/Classic Car Related Vendors/Sellers welcome,call for space details and must reserve in advance.

Car Show is OPEN to all makes and models with 5 Year Catagories. Top 50 Awards Overall plus Top 5 Awards in Each Year Catagory, plus Best Of Awards and Overall Best of Show Car and Best of Show Truck and more!! Door Prizes, Event T-Shirts, Full Concessions and Live DJ's playing the Classics. Event Dash Plaques to first 150 registered.

More Info coming on area TV, Newpaper and Radio and on Huntsville Car Scene. For Seller/Bidder/Car Show/Swap Meet Information or to consign your Classics call Mark Ward, Event Coordinator at 731-225-6025. Forms will be also downloadable from the Event Site Webpage www.Highway101daa.com. For Pics of our Spring Jackson, Tennessee event visit http://lonniecobb.com/classic
Mark Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Mark! How much is the registration for the car show, and what will the registration and award times be?
Old September 3rd   #4
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

Shoals Classic Auto Expo

Samir, the car show entry is $25 first vehicle, $15 ea. additional if same owner. You can register early or at gate when come in. Gates for the Collector Car Auction & for the Car Show will Open at 7am Sat. Morning Oct 30th, with judging starting at noon and awards will be presented immediately following the Collector Car Auction. I'm guessing awards will be mid to late afternoon depending on how many we have in the Classic Car Auction. This is a big facility and even has a big indoor auditorium so weather will not be a problem. We will let entrants for Car Show & Swap Meet set up on Friday Oct 29th all day too if needed as we will have loads of classic cars coming in for the Auction. The Swap Meet fee is $35 per space. I have the complete Flyer done with all the Forms & Info and will be getting them on the webpage that can be downloaded or anyone can just call me and will get one to them. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks, Mark
Old September 3rd   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Mark! I've updated the event listing with all the new info. Post the link to the forms when you have them up and I'll update the event listing with those too.
Old September 9th   #6
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

Registration Forms for the Collector Car Auction both Seller & Bidders and information on the Car Show & Swap Meet plus Host Motels are all on the Event Website. You can clik on this link: http://highway101daa.com/upcoming_events.php or go to www.highway101daa.com and clik on Upcoming Events to download and print them. Thanks !!
Old September 17th   #7
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

We are looking for a few top notch Classics that will be coming to the Classic Car Auction and Car Show on Oct 30th to put on display and showcase for a few weeks leading up to the Expo in our Indoor Auction Floor Showroom. It is climate controlled, 24Hr Secured in a Gated Facility. It will get tons of early exposure at our weekly Dealer Car Auctions. If you would like to have yours considered, contact Mark Ward 731-225-6025, Event Coordinator.
Old October 1st   #8
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

We have received alot of calls from various Car Clubs and we welcome any and all clubs to come to the show as a group. We added an additional nice award that will be presented to the club with the most participants at the car show. If your club is planning on coming let us know so we can section you as a group. The Car Line Up for the Classic/Collector Car Auction is growing daily so if you have a classic you want to sell download the form from our website or give me a call and will get you one. Early Birds get the best run numbers. Swap Meet space must be reserved in advance also. Any questions give me a call. Mark Ward Event Coordinator 731-225-6025.
Old October 13th   #9
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

Classic Car Consignments are growing daily and looks like we are going to have a super line up of all, Street Rods, Trucks, Mustangs, Chevelles, GTO, Mopar, Camaros etc..from $5000 to $150,000 vehicles have been booked..if you want to get yours in the auction give me a call asap for best run numbers...Car Show and Swap Meet looks great too...Nice Trophies and this will be a good chance to sell or buy those parts too..Give me a call to book your spot in any or all of the 3 Events..Going to be a super day Oct 30. Radio and TV ads start Friday!! Remember OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!
Old October 19th   #10
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

We just booked the Sandrell Classic Car Collection, that includes 9 Top Flight Classics, 1957 Corvette Convertible, 2 Numbers Matching 1969 Z-28 DZ 302 Cross-Ram Camaros, with paperwork, 1969 Plymouth GTX 440 #'s matching car, owned by Paul Sr. of Orange Co. Choppers with all paperwork in his name..5 other 69 Camaros SS/RS, Fact big blocks and Pace Cars. Many others..going to be a great line up of Classics..More updates to come!! Got a classic to sell..call now to consign for best numbers...Car Show and Swap Meet Entries growing too..call now to reserve your space...!!!
Old October 19th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, some really nice cars going to be going down the line. Who needs Barrett Jackson?
Old October 23rd   #12
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

Be listening to Rocket 95.1 and Star 99 in Huntsville and Q-107 & Kix 96.1 in Florence now thru next Saturday for chances to win free tickets to the Expo on Oct. 30th in Rogersville, AL, Weather is looking great for that weekend. Taking consignments for the Collector Car Auction and registrations for the Car Show and Swap Meet !! visit www.highway101daa.com for forms and more information. !!
Old October 27th   #13
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

3 Big Events in 1 day !! The Classic Collector Car Auction has an amazing line up of cars, trucks and speciality vehicles. Still time to get yours in if you have a classic you want to sell. Really nice awards for the Car Show that is an OPEN SHOW and if your Club is attending please let us know so we can place together. A big Best Club Participation Award has been added. Swap Meet is growing daily. If you have automotive items to sell call and reserve your space now! My direct line is 731-225-6025 or vist our website http://highway101daa.com for entry forms and info. Hope to see you Saturday. Weather is going to be great!!
Old October 28th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just saw the facility and the layout--nice! This is going to be a really fun and unique event. Look for the Huntsville Car Scene banner and me running around trying to get pictures of everything.
Old October 28th   #15
Bama SRT
Bama SRT
is _______!!!

I'm switching up my plans for the weekend, I think I'll have to hit up this show!!
65lb. Injectors
Corsa/Mopar Cat-Back

1984 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE
Striped down lightweight
Bama SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #16
Mark Ward
Mark Ward
has no status.

I would like to thank everyone for making the Premier Shoals Classic Auto Expo this past Saturday a huge success in Rogersville...we had some super nice rides in the auction as well as the car show. The swap meet did well too..we had a great turn out and are already making plans for the Spring Expo which we will announce shortly and it will be a 2 Day or All weekend event. Thanks Samir for your help and coverage, you have a great site going here that is a huge benefit to all car and bike fanatics. I would also like to hear some comments from attendees about the event to add to the TO DO and NOT TO DO List for the Spring show. Great Pictures too by the way. Thanks Again..!! Mark Ward, Event Coordinator.
Old November 1st   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you having me out there Mark. We'll work even more closely on the next one since the advertising system on here will be live.

Last edited by Samir; November 1st at 02:33 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote