Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 20th   #1
1BADVET
1BADVET
has no status.

Been looking for a local car enthusiast forum.....

where I could find info on shows and what not. I live in Meridianville, work in Huntsville (engineer). I entered my Corvette in the North Alabama Antique and Classic Car Show at the Huntsville Depot several weeks ago. It was my first registration and I got 1st place in my category. Looking forward to going to more shows.....that Hooters show looks like fun

hmmm, I guess I have to have a minimum number of posts to have picture posting privileges.....shouldn't take long.
1BADVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #2
KI4RXM
KI4RXM
is still working

Yeah I know, amazing what happens at your first show huh? Welcome, I hope to get out to more, too!
KI4RXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADVET View Post
where I could find info on shows and what not. I live in Meridianville, work in Huntsville (engineer). I entered my Corvette in the North Alabama Antique and Classic Car Show at the Huntsville Depot several weeks ago. It was my first registration and I got 1st place in my category. Looking forward to going to more shows.....that Hooters show looks like fun

hmmm, I guess I have to have a minimum number of posts to have picture posting privileges.....shouldn't take long.
Welcome! You've found the site that's the source on everything going on in our area. I try my best to keep the calendar of events populated with everything I know of that involves a motor and wheels.

Picture posting isn't restricted by number of posts, so you shouldn't have any problems. Posting is the same here as any other normal forum, so if you have any problems, just let me know!
Old July 20th   #4
1BADVET
1BADVET
has no status.

I don't see the "manage attachments" button

I know I can post a link to an image hosted somewhere else. Can I not attach images here? I ran a vBulletin board for 6 years (engineering discussion). It was basically a dead board....you know how boring us engineers can be I ditched it a couple of months ago.
Old July 20th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I don't see the "manage attachments" button
Oh yeah, I forgot about the attachment method. That's turned off to save server space/bandwidth.
Quote:
I know I can post a link to an image hosted somewhere else. Can I not attach images here? I ran a vBulletin board for 6 years (engineering discussion). It was basically a dead board....you know how boring us engineers can be I ditched it a couple of months ago.
Ahhh...so you'll know what I mean when I speak vb-ese. I've turned attachments off in the admincp for the regular user groups. I can attach files and such, but I only do so in the admin area to keep the original hacks/patches with my notes on what I changed.

But if you want so send me an image, I can upload it to the smugmug account and you can link it anywhere from there. I have unlimited storage and bandwidth on there.
Old July 20th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'm the vette prick on this forum........welcome. What year is your car? Mods?

Last edited by EvilZ; July 20th at 01:01 PM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #7
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Welcome to the site! We try to keep this one as active as possible!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #8
gotti_on_24s
gotti_on_24s
has no status.

Quote:

Welcome. I'm hosting a charity car show on July 31. The proceeds from this show will be donated to St. Judes Children's Research Hospital. You can find more information about the show listed on the calendar on this site, or you can visit my site: www.phatbabykustumz.com. Hope to see you there.
Old July 20th   #9
1BADVET
1BADVET
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about the attachment method. That's turned off to save server space/bandwidth.

Ahhh...so you'll know what I mean when I speak vb-ese. I've turned attachments off in the admincp for the regular user groups. I can attach files and such, but I only do so in the admin area to keep the original hacks/patches with my notes on what I changed.

But if you want so send me an image, I can upload it to the smugmug account and you can link it anywhere from there. I have unlimited storage and bandwidth on there.

I understand completely. Tons of images will really slow down a site. Thanks for the offer but I'll upload some pics to my website tonight and link to them from here. I actually prefer doing it that way so I control the images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDM View Post
I'm the vette prick on this forum........welcome. What year is your car? Mods?
hmmm, there may not be room for two Corvette pricks on here

1973 LS4 Coupe, 454, 4 speed, matching #'s, dark blue, A/C, completely stock down to the original AM/FM radio.....it still works but it sounds like crap. I have all documentation including the original 1973 dealer tag, window sticker ($7,600) and bill of sale. The car has been repainted but with the original color. It was cared for very well but needed some TLC. I've had quite a bit of work done...rebuilt suspension, new exhaust, seatbelts fixed. It was leaking oil like a BP well but I got most of that fixed as well. The odometer reads 59,000+ and all the documentation shows a history of repair/milage but I was told by a reputable person that that was probably not the true milage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Welcome to the site! We try to keep this one as active as possible!
Thanks, I'll do my share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti_on_24s View Post
Welcome. I'm hosting a charity car show on July 31. The proceeds from this show will be donated to St. Judes Children's Research Hospital. You can find more information about the show listed on the calendar on this site, or you can visit my site: www.phatbabykustumz.com. Hope to see you there.
Thanks, I'll try to make it.
Old July 20th   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Sounds like a nice car. I've got a 2006 LeMans Blue that's "stock"....lol.
Old July 20th   #11
1BADVET
1BADVET
has no status.

Thanks, I just wish the A/C worked better so I could drive it more in the summer. It's like driving an oven
Old July 20th   #12
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

great another vette guy... lol jp, sorry im a ford guy when it comes to domestics and really miss my cobra... anyway i live out in meridianville to so if you see a white and black prelude out and about, its me... welcome to the site!!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #13
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
great another vette guy...
Isn't it great. After this past weekend's little incident and the way GM is handling it I'm considering selling mine in the not so distant future.......prolly next summer.

Last edited by Samir; July 22nd at 09:05 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old July 20th   #15
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Need engine pics!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #16
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

what happened jaydm?

Old July 20th   #17
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

very nice vette 1badvet

Old July 22nd   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I understand completely. Tons of images will really slow down a site. Thanks for the offer but I'll upload some pics to my website tonight and link to them from here. I actually prefer doing it that way so I control the images.
Since I have all the attachments in the database, it would add queries too, slowing down the overall experience. I'm working on methods to implement avatars and signatures, but I have to research if these have the option to put them in file system vs the db.

I do the same thing with images for the control aspect. One of the reasons I use smugmug for all the content here on HCS.
Quote:
hmmm, there may not be room for two Corvette pricks on here
There's actually a lot of Corvette enthusiasts on here. And I'm happy to say there aren't any pricks--including JayDM--no matter how hard he tries to play the character, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
what happened jaydm?
His targa top flew off at speed in Nashville. It was by sheer luck no on else was involved or hurt.
Old July 22nd   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I remember seeing this car at the Rocket City Camaros show. I remember thinking to myself how nice the paint is. I love how it's all original.
Old July 22nd   #20
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
His targa top flew off at speed in Nashville. It was by sheer luck no on else was involved or hurt.
Yeah pretty crazy. I guess I need to lay off the top end pulls for a while.