Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old July 18th   #1
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Vintage Racing gone bad including a Boss 302

Brian Redman Challenge Vintage Race accident

One of the Cobras looks like a Real Aluminum one too.
mgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

This one almost brought a tear to my eye.
http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/image/46317629

Last edited by Samir; July 18th at 11:46 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

people shouldnt do that to museum pieces. thats what clones are for.
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

But at the same time Hoss, a car is meant to be driven. Probably not like that, but driven nonetheless. I think each one individually on course wouldn't have been as bad. Then only one would've been lost.
Old July 20th   #5
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

you mean like the fastest lap wins the event. drag racing in a circle. it would save on the destruction.
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Exactly. Only one would go if he/she pushed it too hard. Someone who worked the event posted this on the British Car Club email list:

"I was the operating steward for this race. The pace car did what was the right thing to do. We gave them instructions for each group. The two pole guys admitted to running up the hill at 5000 rpm in 3rd gear. The fifth place guy was racing well before the green flag and tryed to force his way between the wall and the car in front of him. He started scraping the wall and the guy behind him checked up and the car that hit him started to spin and then it was one after another into them. I am amazed that no one was killed. All the drivers except two had hans devices.

The green flag was in deed thrown. I red flagged the race with in 3 seconds of the green. Even with the red flag the drivers in the back just keep driving into the rear. The red was shown at corner 15(the walk over bridge). The drivers just did not pay attention. All drivers were forced to attend a meeting right after the incident. They were all yelled at. Interesting that in a few classes they are not allowed to pass until after turn 1 (Historic Gran Prix) and turn 3 for Can Am. One historic Gran Prix driver was banned from their series for life due to an incident in the kink.

I have to agree that the drivers in this group are some of the most agressive drivers I have ever seen. More distrubing to me were how many fist fights started after drivers started getting out of there cars. I feel that if they were able to get out they should have been happy they could even move after a incident like this.

I was very happy with how all of our crews came together to work in the heat. We had a steady flow of water for all the rescue crews, ambulance crews and wrecker crews while they were working in over 90 degree heat. What a great team.

Mike Engelke"