Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old February 17th   #21
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDani View Post
What about Oh Bryans right near there? I don't think they serve breakfast do they? If not, their parking lot would be abandoned and would serve as a close spot to gather beforehand.

What we need is one or two people to help direct parking into their respective herds once we get there LOL. I definitely want to be parked with/near the Evos this time. /discrimination
Oh Bryan's is past us, so you'd have to do 2 U-turns to get back in our lot.

I'd LOVE to have one of the Mistu people, one of the Subaru people, and one of the Nissan people help direct their respective groups. That would really help out.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th   #22
AWDani
AWDani
is in full on mod mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Oh Bryan's is past us, so you'd have to do 2 U-turns to get back in our lot.

I'd LOVE to have one of the Mistu people, one of the Subaru people, and one of the Nissan people help direct their respective groups. That would really help out.
Oh okay. Shows what I know! I only live 5 miles from there..you would think I knew what 72 west of Shields Road looked like but I never drive out that way!

Tomei Titanium Xpreme - AMS downpipe - AMS test pipe - Cobb Stage 2 - Rally Armor - Gram Lights 57D
AWDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th   #23
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hey, you mind doing some reconnaissance out that way to see what lots are available? It sure would help staging. My relatives own and operate the Citgo, so any place on their property that you deem fit should be pretty easy to swing.
Old February 18th   #24
Smyly@TFR
Smyly@TFR
Professional Detailer
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

I would be down for helping get cars organized directed at the event Beck just shoot me a message on here or on FB with any help you would need at the event
Old February 19th   #25
ray
ray

I have found a few spots I might consider. I just have to run the spy satellites (Google Maps) over them but from initial glance at 65mph they look suitable for us.

Keep it here.
Old February 20th   #26
ray
ray

Here are a few venues I see working for pre-meet parking. These are up in the air because I still have to discuss with the Subaru crowd if we are all meeting together or if we are parking alongside each other but "pre-meeting" separately.

Microtel Inn and Suites off Shields Road:
http://g.co/maps/3fgsx

Advantages: When we leave we hit a stoplight and then turn onto 72. This should keep us together a little easier.

Disadvantages: This parking lot could be full if the hotel fills up. We will be meeting relatively early on Saturday so most people might still be at this hotel.

Mitchell Plastics Parking Lot off Moores Mill Road:
http://g.co/maps/4sfcq

Advantages: Lots of parking. Once again, a stop light that should keep us all together when turning on to 72.

Disadvantages: Not sure about the work hours at this place. It is on a Saturday and early in the morning. There may NOT be many people present. It is also dependent upon the number because this is a large parking lot which we would only take a small-ish portion of.

Texaco Gas Station & Xpress Lube:
http://g.co/maps/d6qff

Advantages: This is very close to the Speakerbox. Odds are we would have no issues parking here either.

Disadvantages: This is along 72 and we may become separated on the short stint down to the Speakerbox. This is a good bit smaller than the other locations suggested so parking would be tight and depending upon the number, everyone might not fit.

Citgo Gas Station:
http://g.co/maps/sswy7

Advantages: This is literally right next door to the Speakerbox. We know the owners and there should be plenty of room for parking seeing as it is a truck stop. The turn lane/access road that everyone has to take to get into the Speakerbox runs from this location right into the Speakerbox itself. You don't even have to get out onto Highway 72. You could probably get a good push and not even have to start your car to make it there.

Disadvantages: The parking area (depending upon where we are parked) is rough and has gravel. Some larger holes and torn-up asphalt are also present.

Personally, I like the Mitchell Plastics location (off of Moores Mill Road) as well as the Citgo (right next door). What does everyone else think?

Last edited by ray; February 20th at 02:02 PM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th   #27
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I wouldn't use the hotel. The management of any hotel panics when they see that many cars decent at once.

I agree with your assessment of the Plastics place or the Citgo.
Old February 27th   #28
ray
ray

Alright...the plan is to meet at Mitchell Plastics right now at 8:30 am SHARP. I will post more details in an actual event arrangement for the pre-meet.

Mitchell Plastics Parking Lot off Moores Mill Road:
http://g.co/maps/4sfcq

Any objections? Didn't think so.

I will talk to Dana and see what the Subaru guys will be doing but if they choose to join us there should be PLENTY of room.

Last edited by ray; February 27th at 09:16 AM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th   #29
ray
ray

Working with the Subaru group right now to see what the plan is. Keep it here and on our Facebook for more details.
Old March 8th   #30
AirItOut
AirItOut
right meow!

The Hey Buddy store.

My favorite beer stop.
AirItOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th   #31
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

I think I will end up parking where there is available space. If I wanted to be there at 9am I would have to leave before 8. I usually don't want to be awake that early, especially on a saturday.

Last edited by Tanro; March 8th at 04:53 PM.
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #32
ray
ray

Details are live for the pre-meet:

http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=5760