Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old April 18th   #21
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

You should drive some roads in the country. They can test your car better than cones in a parking lot.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #22
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
You should drive some roads in the country. They can test your car better than cones in a parking lot.
But not as safely. Trust me, going off a road at 80mph isn't fun. Waxing off some cone carnage is much better.
Old April 18th   #23
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Quote:
Wax a tree off or some cone marks. hmmmm. Oh we do some track days too btw. good try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
But not as safely. Trust me, going off a road at 80mph isn't fun. Waxing off some cone carnage is much better.
^^^ this
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #24
Britni
Britni
has no status.

We're just flying down this time around to see my family. I wish we were driving but I've made that trip one to many times while driving. But it would be exciting in the scubbie
Britni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #25
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
Oh we do some track days too btw.
Being close to Barber Motorsports Park puts you close to one of the best tracks in the nation, as well as close to the Talladega Grand Prix raceway aka little Talladega.

But track days are worse than autocrosses or the streets--there are walls!!! And they don't move one bit when you hit them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britni View Post
We're just flying down this time around to see my family. I wish we were driving but I've made that trip one to many times while driving. But it would be exciting in the scubbie
Well, if you get a chance to get up this way, feel free to swing by any events to get a taste of our scene.
Old April 19th   #26
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
"push right pedal"
I'd hope you really know better then this. LOL

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #27
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
But track days are worse than autocrosses or the streets--there are walls!!! And they don't move one bit when you hit them.
Samir!! not supposed to bring that up lol

My whole point in all this is that "street racing", to me, demonstrates the lack of maturity and responsibility an adult (I think most are) should have at this point in his/her life. To show the performance of a car and learn the vehicle you need to have to experience all aspects. Braking points when entering turns, slaloms, when/how heavy to get on the gas when exiting the turn, adjust to the track conditions as the grip changes as the day goes on with brake pad temp, tire temp and surface conditions. One could be surprised how much he or she could learn about car control when autocrossing, then trackdays brings out more of the brake temps heating up. That is all.
Old April 19th   #28
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:

My whole point in all this is that "street racing", to me, demonstrates the lack of maturity and responsibility an adult (I think most are) should have at this point in his/her life.

This I completely agree with. It's pointless, stupid and immature to go out. I got dragged out a few weekends ago. It was so sad to see that part of the car scene and exactly what you said, lack of maturity out there. Kids in their Hondas. I'm so glad that I'm no involved with that part of the scene.

Quote:
To show the performance of a car and learn the vehicle you need to have to experience all aspects. Braking points when entering turns, slaloms, when/how heavy to get on the gas when exiting the turn, adjust to the track conditions as the grip changes as the day goes on with brake pad temp, tire temp and surface conditions. One could be surprised how much he or she could learn about car control when autocrossing, then trackdays brings out more of the brake temps heating up. That is all.
I agree and disagree. No doubt autox looks fun and takes a lot of skill. But to say drag racing doesn't involve skill is completely off. If it was that simple, we'd all be professional dragsters.

Also, drifting has really caught on in this world and I think it takes way more skill to drift a course then autox it.

Granted autox might take "more" driving skill and drifting the most "skill" doesn't mean drag racing doesn't take any skill.

By no means am I saying I am any special driver as I know I'm not. I can handle my car but I'm sure on an autox track someone could do much better with it. I'm just saying there's skill involved in every aspect of the sport.

I just park hard.

Old April 19th   #29
Britni
Britni
has no status.

We are actaully going to the Talladega Nascar race while we are there We only live about 2 hours from there
Old April 19th   #30
VR4Rob
VR4Rob
has no status.

Lots of drama at my house between the Subies and the Mitsus. The Mitsus park in the garage while the Subie is stuck outside!
VR4Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #31
BigTyla
BigTyla
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4Rob View Post
Lots of drama at my house between the Subies and the Mitsus. The Mitsus park in the garage while the Subie is stuck outside!
And all is right with the world.
BigTyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #32
Britni
Britni
has no status.

No good. I do love Evo's though!
Old April 19th   #33
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Quote:
Wax a tree off or some cone marks. hmmmm. Oh we do some track days too btw. good try though.
What does that have to do with your original incorrect assertion?
Old April 19th   #34
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
I'd hope you really know better then this. LOL
That type of superior attitude seems to emerge when some start to autocross. It really makes me want to go join them.
Old April 19th   #35
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Badz. Sorry I meant roll races. I agree drag racing takes skill no doubt about it. Sorry for the confusion lol.
Not replying to draggin boy

Last edited by HPEVOX; April 19th at 12:42 PM.
Old April 19th   #36
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
That type of superior attitude seems to emerge when some start to autocross. It really makes me want to go join them.
Quote:
Badz. Sorry I meant roll races. I agree drag racing takes skill no doubt about it. Sorry for the confusion lol.
See Britni... no kinda drama at all!

You two!! We all have nice cars and like to play with them. No sense letting our junk hang too low. Out ladies will just kick them back up anyway!

Now for my fast and furious line... "wait, wait a second... let's settle this on the black top!"

Old April 19th   #37
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
No sense letting our junk hang too low. Out ladies will just kick them back up anyway!

Now for my fast and furious line... "wait, wait a second... let's settle this on the black top!"
haha lol true. c's wife Sara in birmingham spanks our tail at each and every event lol. She so fast.
Old April 19th   #38
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
haha lol true. c's wife Sara in birmingham spanks our tail at each and every event lol. She so fast.
I saw some pics of this chick in a black Z at our local autocross and she got 4th in her class of like 17. I was thinking that my luck is I'd be one of those other 13 lol

Old April 19th   #39
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

It doesn't even hurt my feelings anymore. I've grown used to it haha. But I did beat C the other day! First time ever so i was pumped lol bad thing is they co-drove(if that's a word) his car. she beat him by 1.5 seconds in a 37 second course lol ouch. You would like a guy in bham. He's got a black 350 nismo. Sounds like tits and looks great too.
Old April 20th   #40
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Quote:
I rest my case. Autocrosser attitude that's not mature enough to admit when they're wrong.

Last edited by dragginbody87; April 20th at 10:43 AM.