Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old April 20th   #41
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
It doesn't even hurt my feelings anymore. I've grown used to it haha. But I did beat C the other day! First time ever so i was pumped lol bad thing is they co-drove(if that's a word) his car. she beat him by 1.5 seconds in a 37 second course lol ouch. You would like a guy in bham. He's got a black 350 nismo. Sounds like tits and looks great too.
I think I know who you're talking about. I think his name is Ross and is on the Bama G and Z forum. If it is, the car looks sick!

I don't think it would hurt my feelings to much either. Esp since everyone out there would have way more seat time then me lol. But you know how it is to be a guy. In the back of your mind, you still feel like your driving skills could compete in Nascar lol

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st   #42
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Samir!! not supposed to bring that up lol

My whole point in all this is that "street racing", to me, demonstrates the lack of maturity and responsibility an adult (I think most are) should have at this point in his/her life. To show the performance of a car and learn the vehicle you need to have to experience all aspects. Braking points when entering turns, slaloms, when/how heavy to get on the gas when exiting the turn, adjust to the track conditions as the grip changes as the day goes on with brake pad temp, tire temp and surface conditions. One could be surprised how much he or she could learn about car control when autocrossing, then trackdays brings out more of the brake temps heating up. That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
This I completely agree with. It's pointless, stupid and immature to go out. I got dragged out a few weekends ago. It was so sad to see that part of the car scene and exactly what you said, lack of maturity out there. Kids in their Hondas. I'm so glad that I'm no involved with that part of the scene.

I agree and disagree. No doubt autox looks fun and takes a lot of skill. But to say drag racing doesn't involve skill is completely off. If it was that simple, we'd all be professional dragsters.

Also, drifting has really caught on in this world and I think it takes way more skill to drift a course then autox it.

Granted autox might take "more" driving skill and drifting the most "skill" doesn't mean drag racing doesn't take any skill.

By no means am I saying I am any special driver as I know I'm not. I can handle my car but I'm sure on an autox track someone could do much better with it. I'm just saying there's skill involved in every aspect of the sport.
I disagree. I've seen both the street and the track for many years. And neither is superior to the other. I've seen unsafe things at the track, and I've seen unsafe things on the street. I've seen safe things at the track, and the same safety on the street.

Drag racing requires a different skill set than autocrossing, so the two can't really be compared. The old adage is that drag racing is for fast cars and autocrossing is for fast drivers--so then what is a fast driver in a fast car supposed to do? Or a slow driver in a slow car? I don't think the adage really holds.

Drifting does build on autocross but only on the driving skillset. Drifting pulls a lot from the world of freestyle, and that's a lifestyle/attitude/culture that you have to bring to your driving. Very much an opinion on what's great in drifting. No right answers and no wrong ones either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britni View Post
We are actaully going to the Talladega Nascar race while we are there We only live about 2 hours from there
My uncle used to own the Days Inn in Lincoln where a lot of the tire teams would stay. I had garage passes one year and a car came behind the wall after an 11 car pile up. The car stopped right in front of me and the emts and his crew were nowhere in sight. It was Michael Waltrip. I asked him if he was alright and then what it was like out there. He said it was crazy. Then some security guy pointed at me and another guy and yelled at him to get me back. I got a bunch of pictures of it on film though. Good times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4Rob View Post
Lots of drama at my house between the Subies and the Mitsus. The Mitsus park in the garage while the Subie is stuck outside!
lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTyla View Post
And all is right with the world.
That's just not right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
What does that have to do with your original incorrect assertion?
Quote:
I rest my case. Autocrosser attitude that's not mature enough to admit when they're wrong.
These post are in violation of Section 5.g. Play nice guys.
Quote:
That type of superior attitude seems to emerge when some start to autocross. It really makes me want to go join them.
There is a sense of that, and that's the cockiness in any motorsport that bites someone in the end. It's important to know that there are others with lots more skill, and it will always be that way. Besides, it's supposed to be about fun, not who's right or wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
See Britni... no kinda drama at all!
Well, not normally.
Quote:
Sounds like tits and looks great too.
This post is in violation of Section 5.a.2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z
In the back of your mind, you still feel like your driving skills could compete in Nascar lol
I once put this to the test on the old video game Nascar Racing for the PC. I sat there for 3.5hrs and raced at Charlotte International with a full pack starting from the back of the pack. My car was set up really well, but the challenge was to make my way through the pack in one piece. There were a few cautions and my crew was able to put the car back together without any damage, and I took one break to drink water. Three laps before the finish and I finally got in the lead--all I had to do was to keep the pace and not make a mistake. I won the race and I was ready to be on the air thanking my crew and sponsors after all that. Factor in no real water break, no bathroom break, and a firesuit and all the heat and it's still some grueling hardcore racing.