Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 20th   #21
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
Yeah you have to remove the brake master cylinder to get to the cmc. Then once all is installed you just replace the break fluid which covers the clutch and brake system. It comes with a steel braded line from the cmc to the slave cylinder too.
I got one of those motive bleeders which is one of the best tools to have next to a impact wrench.

Found this link. I think I'll go ahead and order it along with some ATE Superblue.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38615
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #22
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
Mine is Red.
Pic from an event last year:
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #23
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
I think I'll go ahead and order it along with some ATE Superblue.
I believe YES Automotive stocks Castrol SRF, which is even better than the ATE due to it's 500+ wet boiling point. I run it in all my cars.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #24
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
I got one of those motive bleeders which is one of the best tools to have next to a impact wrench.

Found this link. I think I'll go ahead and order it along with some ATE Superblue.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38615
Sweet. That's the exact write up i used to do mine. And the same brake fluid lol.
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #25
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Pic from an event last year:
Stock suspension still at that time i think. Looks so high lol
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #26
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Pic from an event last year:
I think that might be mine beside it...
nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st   #27
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
Stock suspension still at that time i think. Looks so high lol
Still looked good to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine3shoof View Post
I think that might be mine beside it...
I believe it was.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st   #28
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Still looked good to me.
Aw shucks
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #29
VR4Rob
VR4Rob
has no status.
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
Aw shucks
What do you have now?
__________________
1994 Mariana Blue Pearl 3000GT VR-4
2010 Space Gray E90 335i M Sport 6MT
2008 Wicked White Evolution X GSR SSS - Hers
VR4Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #30
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4Rob View Post
What do you have now?
I think that was aimed at me... and I still have the Graphite Grey in the pic. I wasn't driving it the day the pic was taken, as I drove my son's STi. So I couldn't remember where it was parked
nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #31
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine3shoof View Post
II wasn't driving it the day the pic was taken, as I drove my son's STi. So I couldn't remember where it was parked
Says the only guy at the Subie/Mitsu meet with one of each.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate

Last edited by Samir; September 25th at 01:56 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th   #32
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
The Magnus "kit" is only a CNC'd piece of aluminum that allows the factory evo 8/9 cmc to be bolted up to the firewall. It's the same as the AMS adapter bracket, other than the fact that the AMS has a little recession so the bracket fits around the lip on the firewall from the stock location. Both use the exact same CMC. Just a recession is the only difference, seals better, to keep air from transfering from the engine bay to the cabin.
As far as support, I was having issues with mine from Magnus (i thought) and turned out to be only some air in the line . I was able to call Marco directly and talk to him for about 30 minutes deciding what the issue was. Customer service is good.
I did the CMC upgrade because i'm running the ACT 6 puck. Both of ours use the same pressure plate though, only a different clutch disc, so the pressure on the CMC would be the same. Let me know if you do plan on staying with the stock cmc or if you go with the AMS or Magnus. Curious to see if the stocker will hold out. If you decide to go with an aftermarket cmc let me know if you want to diy and i could help you out if needed. I hope the stocker survives though!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
You have to grind off a few bolt heads on the firewall to allow the bracket to bolt up. It's not too hard, just in a tight space. Power mods shouldn't affect the CMC. I'm basically full bolt ons, stock turbo. Mine is Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
Yeah you have to remove the brake master cylinder to get to the cmc. Then once all is installed you just replace the break fluid which covers the clutch and brake system. It comes with a steel braded line from the cmc to the slave cylinder too.
After debating for the past 5k miles since my clutch was installed, I ordered a Magnus CMC and it came in today. Now I just need to find the time to do the install which after looking at the instructions for the AMS, looks like a huge PITA. First I need to make sure my Dremel works as it looks like I'll be hacking at the firewall some, and 2nd, I'll need lots of brake fluid. Does it not drain the brake MC, which would call for a bench bleed?
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th   #33
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
After debating for the past 5k miles since my clutch was installed, I ordered a Magnus CMC and it came in today. Now I just need to find the time to do the install which after looking at the instructions for the AMS, looks like a huge PITA. First I need to make sure my Dremel works as it looks like I'll be hacking at the firewall some, and 2nd, I'll need lots of brake fluid. Does it not drain the brake MC, which would call for a bench bleed?
It would be a pain to do this by itself. I did mine while the tranny was out and all the ECU/ intake ..junk lol was out of the way. You do have to grind off 2 studs to bolt it up, however we just bled the clutch and brake system as you normally would at the slave cylinder and brake calipers. I still have some air in my clutch fluid somewhere though, because i have random engagement/disengagement points sometimes,I have bled again since, takes care of it for a while, but they seem to magically re-appear at times. But i just pump the clutch and it solves it for the time being. If i had to do it over again i would bench bleed so you don't have to worry about it, which is what you should do if you have it off. It's not been too much of a nagging issue for me though, so it will stay how it is for now.
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th   #34
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
After debating for the past 5k miles since my clutch was installed, I ordered a Magnus CMC and it came in today. Now I just need to find the time to do the install which after looking at the instructions for the AMS, looks like a huge PITA. First I need to make sure my Dremel works as it looks like I'll be hacking at the firewall some, and 2nd, I'll need lots of brake fluid. Does it not drain the brake MC, which would call for a bench bleed?
Coincidentally, I will be ordering a Magnus CMC tomorrow, but only because my Stocker failed! In order to get it back on the road ASAP to keep my wife mobile, I had it replaced today under warranty. I plan to swap mine out next week.

Stupid bloody design!

Best deal I could get was $295 shipped from MAP.

The wife saw NOT happy when it left her stranded on Tuesday

Let me know when you do yours. I could use the practice

Jim M.
nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th   #35
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine3shoof View Post
Coincidentally, I will be ordering a Magnus CMC tomorrow, but only because my Stocker failed! In order to get it back on the road ASAP to keep my wife mobile, I had it replaced today under warranty. I plan to swap mine out next week.

Stupid bloody design!

Best deal I could get was $295 shipped from MAP.

The wife saw NOT happy when it left her stranded on Tuesday

Let me know when you do yours. I could use the practice

Jim M.
Dah that sucks man. Told you that plastic mitsu crap sucks!! lol Maybe the Magnus will come in quick and you can get the clutch system solid.
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th   #36
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
It would be a pain to do this by itself. I did mine while the tranny was out and all the ECU/ intake ..junk lol was out of the way. You do have to grind off 2 studs to bolt it up, however we just bled the clutch and brake system as you normally would at the slave cylinder and brake calipers. I still have some air in my clutch fluid somewhere though, because i have random engagement/disengagement points sometimes,I have bled again since, takes care of it for a while, but they seem to magically re-appear at times. But i just pump the clutch and it solves it for the time being. If i had to do it over again i would bench bleed so you don't have to worry about it, which is what you should do if you have it off. It's not been too much of a nagging issue for me though, so it will stay how it is for now.
UGH yeah I'll have to dedicate at least a day for it some time during my Christmas break, and crossing my fingers it makes it until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine3shoof View Post
Coincidentally, I will be ordering a Magnus CMC tomorrow, but only because my Stocker failed! In order to get it back on the road ASAP to keep my wife mobile, I had it replaced today under warranty. I plan to swap mine out next week.

Stupid bloody design!

Best deal I could get was $295 shipped from MAP.

The wife saw NOT happy when it left her stranded on Tuesday

Let me know when you do yours. I could use the practice

Jim M.
I got my Magnus in 3 days from MAP. Ordered it Tuesday and got it yesterday. Solid solid hardware. Maybe we can have a CMC install party?
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th   #37
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 253
Sounds like you guys should have that CMC party lol. Honestly, the hardest part for me was getting in the floor and bolting it up under there and attaching it to the pedal. I'm not a big guy, but it's still small under there. We played Jazz to keep the nerves calm lol GL guys!
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th   #38
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 57
One more Magnus kit delivered today! I aim to get mine in Friday evening. Feel free to come watch and learn from my mistakes :-)
nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th   #39
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine3shoof View Post
One more Magnus kit delivered today! I aim to get mine in Friday evening. Feel free to come watch and learn from my mistakes :-)
I might have some time Friday and over the weekend. I was thinking about doing mine over the Holiday. I have a motive brake bleeder in case you need it. My Dremel is busted so I don't have a way to do the grinding. What are you going to use? I may have to borrow it.
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th   #40
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 57
I could use the bleeder, and I have an operational Dremel. Not sure I have the right bits to mount in it but I am sure I will find something.
nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MB Fan Clutch dr1ft@gious General Discussions 5 April 5th 07:04 PM
Import Meet at Spec Clutch 1 BAD Z Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 26 March 16th 11:26 AM
SPEC Clutch Meet - Birmingham, AL EvilZ Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 7 March 21st 08:18 AM
SPEC CLUTCH Car Meet in Birmingham garagelu Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 1 March 11th 12:09 AM
Machine shop needed baggedclips Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 16 February 4th 12:09 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service