Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old May 27th   #1
IRAM-Z
IRAM-Z
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to IRAM-Z
31st Annual Point Mallard Auto Expo

If you didn't make the 31st Annual Point Mallard Auto Expo, you didn't miss much. Parking was a joke. (Had to park in a ditch) And the judging was the same "old" thing.......... if your car wasn't put together by cavemen, you were better off not entering. Only the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. Oh and ONE 70's won. The newest car the won was a early 1970's model. Old judges just like old cars. I don't think the ability to fart dust makes a good car show judge. They should just call it what it is, 31st Annual Point Mallard ANTIQUE Auto Expo.
IRAM-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th   #2
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

dont hold back now .. say what you really mean. would calling it an " antique " show have kept you from waisting you time going. you dont want to go to the saginaw show either then . nor the ardmore show . nor the pulaski show. nor most organized events as they cater to more mature folks. cruise ins are the younger sets best bet
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th   #3
IRAM-Z
IRAM-Z
has no status.

Didn't say it was a waste of time and calling it "ANTIQUE" would not have kept me away, but would have kept me from entering. If thats the kind of show they want, then all they have to do is say it. 31st Annual Point Mallard ANTIQUE Auto Expo
Turn the coin over, what if no old cars won and all the judges where 25 years old?
Old May 27th   #4
HOSS429
HOSS429

that would have been a better title . sorry . the old caveman in me took it the wrong way.
Old May 27th   #5
IRAM-Z
IRAM-Z
has no status.

Sorry too, the "caveman shot" was aimed at the actual car builders, not the current owners.
Old May 27th   #6
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Makes me glad I came to Lebanon. I hate that it turned out like that. It sounded to be a promising show.
Old May 27th   #7
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
yeah man that definitely sucks...that does get old after a while I know...but to quote samir "dont hate..appreciate"

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th   #8
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
Makes me glad I came to Lebanon. I hate that it turned out like that. It sounded to be a promising show.
it was a promissing show there were alot of nice and worthy cars there but like he said it should have had a better classing setup and parking. The parking where spectators parked is where the show should have been heald. It was a Perfect flat open grassy field rite next to the river
Old May 28th   #9
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRAM-Z
If you didn't make the 31st Annual Point Mallard Auto Expo, you didn't miss much. Parking was a joke. (Had to park in a ditch) And the judging was the same "old" thing.......... if your car wasn't put together by cavemen, you were better off not entering. Only the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. Oh and ONE 70's won. The newest car the won was a early 1970's model. Old judges just like old cars. I don't think the ability to fart dust makes a good car show judge. They should just call it what it is, 31st Annual Point Mallard ANTIQUE Auto Expo.
You are correct. I have been in the car hobby for almost 50 years and I have noticed this many times. If new young people do not stay involved this hobby of ours will die out. I enjoy looking at the newer cars with the custom work. Maybe the OLD judges just dont know what they are looking at. They might think NEW car.Everybody keep building them. What is new today will be old in 25 years. I know some people who think a 66 Mustang is a late model.Dont let the Ba#%@&ds get you down....Bobby...
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th   #10
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9racer
You are correct. I have been in the car hobby for almost 50 years and I have noticed this many times. If new young people do not stay involved this hobby of ours will die out. I enjoy looking at the newer cars with the custom work. Maybe the OLD judges just dont know what they are looking at. They might think NEW car.Everybody keep building them. What is new today will be old in 25 years. I know some people who think a 66 Mustang is a late model.Dont let the Ba#%@&ds get you down....Bobby...
I hear yea
i have cars as old as I am that are 'late model'
I wonder if I'm a late model somtimes.

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th   #11
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9racer

this is very true and you have a good point...you might want to go back and read some of the older threads of us bickering and ranting about the judging on quite a few of the local shows and cruise-ins, however you have to have respect for it all in my honest opinion and most will agree.....I have respect for the older cars and older builders (older being older than me im only 21, dont want to offend anyones age)..but what I mean is me and the other members of the "younger generation" of builders have to realize that these older model vehicles were the begennings of what we have today and a lot of the mods that they used are making a big come back in the show scene and also some of the cars and trucks too but on the other hand its not fair that I spend just as much or maybe even more in my vehicle and you go to a show and dont even stand a chance because the judging is done by "older" individuals who maybe dont care for new vehicles or dont understand what a modification you did is or how hard it is to do it

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th   #12
HOSS429
HOSS429

you young guys just hang around and be patient. you will be the "old " guys after we are gone. the hobby will never die . may someday be all museum pieces though
Old May 28th   #13
BamaRocker
BamaRocker
has no status.

Funny thing is all the young ones not happy with things now grow up to become the old ones complaining about the good old days...

Think thats why its called. .." Cycle of Life "

Hell just drive and take it all in...Its all good.

BamaRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th   #14
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRocker
Funny thing is all the young ones not happy with things now grow up to become the old ones complaining about the good old days...

Think thats why its called. .." Cycle of Life "

Hell just drive and take it all in...Its all good.

Oh I do that anyway
Old May 28th   #15
mboxtyger
mboxtyger
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook
I hear yea
i have cars as old as I am that are 'late model'
I wonder if I'm a late model somtimes.
Do they have such a thing as an "elder"
model lol?That said, keeping at it is what
makes you young, whatever your age...
Dolphe
mboxtyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th   #16
BamaRocker
BamaRocker
has no status.

Nice thing about being an old fart is...

You can clear a room real fast...Hahaha
BamaRocker is offline   Reply With Quote