Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old September 23rd   #1
EdsVette1
EdsVette1
has no status.

Looking for Feedback on Woody Anderson Ford

I am hoping to purchase a new 07 Mustang from Woody Anderson Ford. Yes, I have a old Corvette but I love the Mustangs also and have always wanted one and the time and the deal just seemed right. Have been working with them for a week or so to get the deal right and paid a small deposit on a car (Just a V6 with the options I wanted. Not a GT or Shelby or anything that would impress, those are a little to pricey for me right now, but I really like the body style and WANT ONE! LOL) and they were going to do a few upgrades, etc. So I go to pick up the car today and finalize the deal and there is a defect in the paint on the drivers door. I dont think it was there before and I dont guess it was major but it was quite noticable and consisted of some discolored spots and some nicks in an area about 4-5 inches around. I mean, on the drivers door where i would have to see it every time I got in and out of the car! I told him i wasnt satisfied with the car and he tried to minimize it and say it just needed wax. I'm no paint guy but it was more than that. It can maybe be buffed out and be perfectly fine, I dont know. This is the part that concerned me... He says "Well, I'll check with the managers and see what the warranty is on the paint". I hadnt even bought the car and he is not sure if they are gonna fix a very noticible flaw in the paint? They say 3 year bumper to bumper. Just kinda made me wonder about their warranty service. I dont have any reason other than that to question it and have been pretty happy with my experience up to that point. So I am asking you guys and gals who know more about these things. Try to overlook the Vette thing (I know, It's hard) and give me your opinion or experience with these guys. I would really appreciate it and hope to see you all soon driving my new Mustang!
EdsVette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #2
brando
brando
has no status.

Well, first...don't worry about the Vette thing. I sold TWO Bullitt Mustangs and bought an 05 Vette earlier this month!

Back on topic, re-express your concerns, with the sales manager or general manager if need be. Then give them a chance to make it right. I had an extended warranty on one of the Bullitts and their service was very good. let them know you are particular about your car and expect the best from them as well.

Last edited by brando; September 23rd at 07:37 PM.
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #3
EdsVette1
EdsVette1
has no status.

Thats pretty much where it stands now. I told them i would give them a chance to fix it and come back and look at it, they said Monday. I want the car, I'm happy with the deal, just kinda threw me when he said that. The sales manager came out and also acted like it wasn't a big deal. He said "You can look at every car on my lot and none of them are going to be perfect". That was kind of off the wall also. I dont expect perfection but the car should be darn close on the day i drive it off the lot. But this was a very noticable flaw. Maybe not hard to fix but also not something to be brushed off either. I dont really believe they werent aware of it before i got there. It had just been put through the pre-pick up clean up (that wasnt done that well either but it was messy and raining earlier so I cut them some slack on that).

By the way, saw the pictures of your Vette. It is hot man!. Wish I had it. Wish I had a Mustang too, maybe soon. Cant we all just get along? ;-)
Old September 23rd   #4
black_nightmare
black_nightmare
has no status.

I have had my issues with the sales manager there and I will never buy another car from them. If you haven't signed anything yet, tell them if they want to sell the car, they will fix the paint. If they want to sell the car, they will do it. If not, tell them where they can stick it and buy from another dealership. I can recomend a very good dealership that WILL make sure you are happy before leaving.
2001 GT Premium Package, Procharger P1SC w/ 3 core intercooler and 10lb pulley, Accufab intake plenum, Accufab 75mm throttle body, Mach 1 Grill delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler,B&M Shifter, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Magnaflow X pipe w/cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, K&N Filter, Airbox snorkle removed, BBK underdrive pulleys, Bullitt front brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, SPEC stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, FR500 seats, Hans Racecraft Subframe connectors.
black_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #5
Impala_style
Impala_style
has no status.

Every Ford, the wife and I have ever bought came from them, I have never had any problems and the service department is great as well, but that is only one opinion of many I am sure.
Impala_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #6
MADEWELL
MADEWELL
has no status.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_nightmare
I have had my issues with the sales manager there and I will never buy another car from them. If you haven't signed anything yet, tell them if they want to sell the car, they will fix the paint. If they want to sell the car, they will do it. If not, tell them where they can stick it and buy from another dealership. I can recomend a very good dealership that WILL make sure you are happy before leaving.

I second that motion and raise them a finger.....lol jk

I had my problems with them a while back , but at least I got to test drive a saleen.......

05 SRT-4
97 GST
03 R6

Last edited by MADEWELL; September 23rd at 08:10 PM.
MADEWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #7
EdsVette1
EdsVette1
has no status.

Seems to be two extremes of opinion here, either you love em or hate em! Wont be long before Samir is warning us to be careful what we say because of liability issues. LOL

Black Nightmare, I would be interested to hear your recomendation of another dealer. I havent signed a contract and was sure to put the deposit, only a few hundred, on a Visa card which could be easily reversed. But, as I said, I am still wanting this car and am going to give them a chance to make it right at least. But open to suggestions. That's exactly why I posted in this forum...
Old September 23rd   #8
black_nightmare
black_nightmare
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsVette1
Seems to be two extremes of opinion here, either you love em or hate em! Wont be long before Samir is warning us to be careful what we say because of liability issues. LOL

Black Nightmare, I would be interested to hear your recomendation of another dealer. I havent signed a contract and was sure to put the deposit, only a few hundred, on a Visa card which could be easily reversed. But, as I said, I am still wanting this car and am going to give them a chance to make it right at least. But open to suggestions. That's exactly why I posted in this forum...

I would recommend Long Lewis of the Shoals. I bought my 2006 F-150 from them and have been very happy. They are a no haggle dealership, but the prices are very good. All vehicles are invoice-holdback(and rebates)+1%. The dealership makes less that 1% on every car sold. When I bought my truck, I paid $500 more for a newer truck with more options than Woody Anderson wanted for a 2005 leftover. And I didn't come out of there feeling like I needed a shower to wash off the sleazy salesman funk! To top it off, since I had no way to get the truck and my Mustang back home, the salesman had the truck brought out to me in Huntsville in time for work the next morning, no charge. In addition when my fiance bought her car from there several years ago, it had a few minor paint chips. I made the sale contingent on them fixing those paint chips. They had no problem whatsoever doing it and had them fixed that day.
2001 GT Premium Package, Procharger P1SC w/ 3 core intercooler and 10lb pulley, Accufab intake plenum, Accufab 75mm throttle body, Mach 1 Grill delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler,B&M Shifter, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Magnaflow X pipe w/cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, K&N Filter, Airbox snorkle removed, BBK underdrive pulleys, Bullitt front brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, SPEC stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, FR500 seats, Hans Racecraft Subframe connectors.
black_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm glad to see some good feedback on this subject. This is one of those touchy areas where we don't want to be slandering the dealership name. That would just turn this ugly and no one would win.

I've had my share of dealing with dealerships and purchasing cars. If you haven't already signed any documents, let them set it right or give you a price break equivalent to how much it will cost you to fix it on your own.

If they refuse this, let them sell the car to someone who is not as particular as yourself. You'll definitely be able to find the car you want elsewhere. Most of the cars I've bought have found me rather than the other way around.

Good luck in your quest for a Mustang, and welcome to the elite group of people that have both a Corvette and a Mustang. Keep us posted on the progress.
Old September 24th   #10
brando
brando
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
I'm glad to see some good feedback on this subject. This is one of those touchy areas where we don't want to be slandering the dealership name. That would just turn this ugly and no one would win.

I've had my share of dealing with dealerships and purchasing cars. If you haven't already signed any documents, let them set it right or give you a price break equivalent to how much it will cost you to fix it on your own.

If they refuse this, let them sell the car to someone who is not as particular as yourself. You'll definitely be able to find the car you want elsewhere. Most of the cars I've bought have found me rather than the other way around.

Good luck in your quest for a Mustang, and welcome to the elite group of people that have both a Corvette and a Mustang. Keep us posted on the progress.
Yes! Wise, Samir is...to him you listen!
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #11
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Quote:
Find me a 68-73 with small block/power steering/ac/pb/4speed for under $12k and I'll join the club.
Old September 24th   #12
AmericanMustang
AmericanMustang
has no status.

Woody Anderson Ford

Just yesterday a friend of mine showed me a scratch on his vehicle that he was going to have painted. I grabbed some wax and rubbed it out in less than a minute. This may or may not be your case, but I'm sure Woody's will do the right thing having bought at least a dozen cars from them. As for going to another dealer...well I keep my money at home. I don't send my
hard earned dollars to another city, state or COUNTRY!
AmericanMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDorner
Find me a 68-73 with small block/power steering/ac/pb/4speed for under $12k and I'll join the club.
I'll be on the lookout.
Old September 24th   #14
EdsVette1
EdsVette1
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
Just yesterday a friend of mine showed me a scratch on his vehicle that he was going to have painted. I grabbed some wax and rubbed it out in less than a minute. This may or may not be your case, but I'm sure Woody's will do the right thing having bought at least a dozen cars from them. As for going to another dealer...well I keep my money at home. I don't send my
hard earned dollars to another city, state or COUNTRY!
Yeah, I am hoping it is an easy fix also. I dont think it will be as easy as just rubbing some wax on it no matter how much elbow grease they add but they have a professional shop there so i am sure they know many cures I do not.

I agree and also would prefer to buy close to home. To keep the tax dollars here and because i feel like the dealer who sold me the car will be more concerned about keeping me happy when warranty and service issues arise. Just have no experience with Woody Anderson and the salesmans comment made me wonder if this was going to be the case. I'm pretty sure they will resolve this problem to my satisfaction just to close the deal but made me wonder if any time I have a problem after the sale they are going to give me grief about whether it is covered under warranty or not.
Old September 24th   #15
EdsVette1
EdsVette1
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDorner
Oh yeah, I'm sure we could hook you up Mark. Now, does it need to have and interior, paint and original parts? That may be another story! Something tells me if you were to join the Corvette/Mustang club you would take a lot of heat. I've read many of your past posts. I'm already getting it from my Corvette buddies and when I get a Mustang I'm sure I'll get it from you guys too! But thats ok, I can stand the heat. I love many, many types of cars but have always been especially facinated by Vettes and Stangs. Just finally making a decent enough living (in my old age unfortunatly) to be able to somewhat indulge those desires.
Old September 24th   #16
EdsVette1
EdsVette1
has no status.

Quote:
This is one of those touchy areas where we don't want to be slandering the dealership name. That would just turn this ugly and no one would win.
HAHAHA! Just as I predicted! Yes, you are exactly right Samir and I agree wholeheartedly. Wouldn't want anybody to say anything that puts them, me, or HCS in any bad position. Just the facts please. Mainly, just asking what is everyones experience with after the sale service from this particular company. I am grateful for all the input I am receiving from everybody... What a great forum!! Thanks Samir.

Last edited by Samir; September 24th at 10:32 AM. Reason: fixed quote :)
Old September 24th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I agree and also would prefer to buy close to home. To keep the tax dollars here and because i feel like the dealer who sold me the car will be more concerned about keeping me happy when warranty and service issues arise.
But also keep in mind that if the service isn't what you expect, be ready to walk away and go somewhere else even if it does mean the tax dollars go elsewhere.

Case in point, my Porsche. There was a car that I looked at in Birmingham that was close to what I wanted. It was a demo car with 8k miles on it--higher than the 1700 on the one I was looking at in California. The car was in slightly rough shape, but was otherwise fine.

I asked the dealer to give me a out-the-door price. I wasn't happy with their first offer that evening and they went back and gave me another number, which was still about $2k higher than I was willing to pay. I asked them if this was their final number. They said yes. I said thank you for your time.

So the day before I fly out to CA, they realize they'll be losing a lot of value on the car (since it was one month away from 2006 and the car was a 2005) and call me asking what I want for the car. They almost immediately went 1k below what I originally had in mind. But because of the runaround and the loss I'd take on the plane ticket, I went to CA anyways. I bought the CA car and drove it back.

CA got my tax money because of my bad experience in Birmingham. AL didn't get any tax revenue on the car until I registered it here. The service for the vehicle is done by the local Porsche dealership, whose technicians are top notch. AL makes tax revenue on those services.

Bottom line, don't make yourself unhappy and sacrifice your standards just to "buy local." If the local companies want business, they have to be competitive with other resources available to you, the consumer. It's a global playing field now, and everyone better get used to it.
Old September 24th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
HAHAHA! Just as I predicted!
Actually, I probably wouldn't have said anything until you brought it up. Some of the responses started to border on the edge.
Old September 24th   #19
pvteye
pvteye
has no status.

I bought an 02 Mustang GT from Woody Anderson. The transmission had the dreaded 2nd gear clash from the first week I had it. I had bought the Service package and Extended Warranty on the vehicle, which provided me a free loaner anytime it was in for warranty work. The first time I took the vehicle in for the 2nd gear, and now a reverse clash problem, they provided a loaner, which I kept for 10 days while they "rebuilt" the transmission. In warm weather, or after the transmission got warmed up, it would not clash, however if cold, you could not shift without the very noticeable noise and scraping. I picked the car up, and it seemed fine.. the next morning the clash was back, same as before. I took the car back, and they agreed to look at it again, however there would be no loaner vehicle unless they could duplicate the problem. Well the car was warm from driving it from Arab to Woody's, so of course they could not duplicate it and I could not leave it overnite. Same story the whole time I had the car, and was like that when I traded it at Alexander Ford in Boaz for the Cobra. The Cobra has been a dream and has never had to go in the shop for any work since new in April 2004. My next Ford Purchase will not be from Woody Anderson. Your Paint problem should be taken care of, I think the Paint warranty is 6 months or so even with a bumper to bumper. I would not pick up the car without it being fixed first, as then you have lost all your bargining chips on the purchase of the vehilce, as it is no longer their problem, it is yours...
04 MystiChrome Vert #423 1 of 495 Verts
K&N FIPK/ BBK Inlet Tube / MagnaFlow CatBack / RWTD Tune / Mac catted ProChamber
445.9 RWHP 417.9 RWTQ SAE Corrected
pvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #20
EdsVette1
EdsVette1
has no status.

Quote:
Actually, I probably wouldn't have said anything until you brought it up. Some of the responses started to border on the edge.
Yeah, I kinda felt the same way. Thats why I brought it up...