Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old October 30th   #1
CADster
CADster
has no status.

making "Honda Meet Huntsville" better

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of the Honda Meet Huntsville show. what worked, what did not work, etc. kinda like a post show pow-wow used to make next years show/meet better.

i dont mind the debate getting heated, and as long as we keep it clean and on topic, samir will be fine with it. so lets not get personal, or too personal.

these quotes are from the gallery thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by respect'89
What struck me in the honda-tech thread was that the owners of the cars honda-tech chose as nice were making remarks about the car with the best interior. Some people do not have respect for someone else's car.
ht.com is a hard group to click with. its either 'my way or the highway' with them. what was cool last year is rice this year (according to them) and this is why its not a place i hang my hat. that and the fact that they know nothing about pre-vtec hondas

Quote:
This was a Honda meet not a JDM meet, I guess what I mean is that we should add more classes and restructure. I would like to get some input from people that came and see what would they like to see next year.
RHD blows .. next

Quote:
I think that although some classes were not that clear, in the end the people voted so it was their decision.
the problem with this was the body panel conversions. like that 4 door (accord?) that looked like a (civic?) cool, but how many people know exactly what they are looking at and how to rate it ?

i say we only have two year groups (95 and eariler and 96 and later)
or break it down into generations as munchie suggested.

Last edited by CADster; October 30th at 09:38 PM.
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th   #2
whitegsteclipse
whitegsteclipse
has no status.

i thought it was a good meet. the idea of giving awards was a good idea, but from what i heard in the gallery thread there was a little drama. at the nashville meets, there are no concerns with judging or the voting system since there aren't awards. during the summer there were around 500 cars at the nashville h-t meet. people don't go to win awards or to show off as much as they would at a car show. if it's called a meet i think it should be more of a hangout and voting etc. should not be done. there are plenty of events around town with emphasis on judging and trophies, but a meet should be more of a hangout like the dairy queen cruise ins. the only reason i say this is because it would make things easier, but giving awards wasn't a bad idea. good job organizing it. i had a good time (btw, i was driving the white hatchback on the red gt3s)
whitegsteclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th   #3
CADster
CADster
has no status.

ok... good stuff and thank you very much for the feedback and i am very glad you had a good time. that is the most important thing IMO.
do you think we would of got the traffic if we had nothing but a parking lot to offer ? HT.com has a huge forum where several people want to meet each other in person. we did not have this.

do you think a mention cert (not a good explanation, award of excellence is a better one) would be better ?
a heavy bond/textured paper certificate recognizing impressive work in a given area ?

we have already talked about not having the public vote next year. its not that it was bad, but some votes reflected friends voting for friends and this is not fair IMO.

example - the best engine. the civic that won earned it IMO, no question about it. but would reconizing that at these meets hurt the meet ?

i mean, would you really drive from decatur to huntsville (for example) just to park in a parking lot for a few hours ?

hmmm ... i wonder if adding free food would get some traffic

Last edited by CADster; October 30th at 11:45 PM.
Old October 31st   #4
whitegsteclipse
whitegsteclipse
has no status.

all the big h-t meets in cali,nashville,the carolinas etc. are just gatherings without awards. i was set on driving to nashville two weeks ago for a meet in the parking lot of a skatepark that ended up having a huge turnout, but i had too much school work. I didn't consider anything before coming to the huntsville meet except the cars and people. the only big factor in getting a large turnout is the area of the meet. areas that have more tuners are going to have larger turnouts. there are weekly meets in california that draw large numbers because jdm and hondas are huge there. i don't think giving awards at "meets" helps to increase the crowd but it doesn't hurt it either.
whitegsteclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st   #5
respect'89
respect'89
has no status.

I do understand that meets are like hangout places, but I do like the idea of having awards or just recognise the work that someone did. I mean we do not have to have plaques, but a certificate and maybe a feature on this website would be nice. Since the import scene is not that big in town and, in my case, besides a couple of cars that I've previous seen, the rest were new to me. I did not even know we had that many Hondas.

And if people should hangout at the meets, tell me how are you supposed to hangout with some people that make negative remarks towards your vehicle.
respect'89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st   #6
CADster
CADster
has no status.

Quote:
I do understand that meets are like hangout places, but I do like the idea of having awards or just recognise the work that someone did. I mean we do not have to have plaques, but a certificate and maybe a feature on this website would be nice.
maybe our own site... but not going to have a feature on this site.
and its nothing against samir or this place.

Quote:
Since the import scene is not that big in town and, in my case, besides a couple of cars that I've previous seen, the rest were new to me. I did not even know we had that many Hondas.
i have seen most of the local cars. the out of town cars i have not seen, but i am not into the out of town scene (i dont hit the streets of decatur or cullman).
hit the local street scenes at night and you will see them.

Quote:
And if people should hangout at the meets, tell me how are you supposed to hangout with some people that make negative remarks towards your vehicle.
uhh.. i think that is called life.
all my old buddies give me hell over my imports. and these are friends i have known for 20+ years. of course all of them own muscle (and i mean all). and of course they are just struck back by me not owning muscle. but its all good.

it has more to do with not knowing the person.

we know each other, so if i said i did not like something about your car, i doubt you would take it personal.

its the same with everyone.

Last edited by CADster; October 31st at 10:21 AM.
Old November 1st   #7
Frozenstreaks
Frozenstreaks
has no status.

Um Cadster...never go muscle, but if you do, I know who will buy that copper lude...me. I actually liked the meet and I thought you were gonna have food..*sigh*. I really don't care about the awards, but people should be recognized for their hard work and I know that most everyone there did put a lot of work into their cars. We need to get more ludes there..somehow, haha.
Frozenstreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #8
respect'89
respect'89
has no status.

CADster and I talked about having some hot-dogs or something, that would not be bad for the next time.
Old November 1st   #9
CADster
CADster
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenstreaks
Um Cadster...never go muscle, but if you do, I know who will buy that copper lude...me.
i have owned a muscle car before. i use to have a gold buick GS.
also had a few hot trucks. just got tired of them and the imports are what caught my fancy this time.

i wont never go back to muscle though.. i will have a barracuda ragtop one day.

Quote:
I actually liked the meet and I thought you were gonna have food..*sigh*.
food is a bit more tricky. we want this to stay free and food gets pricy quick.
food over awards would work.

but we welcome the input. that is what this thread is for.

Quote:
I really don't care about the awards, but people should be recognized for their hard work and I know that most everyone there did put a lot of work into their cars. .
yea. this is why respect and I are thinking about doing certificates of merit next year.

Quote:
We need to get more ludes there..somehow, haha.
yea.. more 3rd gen ludes

Last edited by CADster; November 1st at 01:07 PM.
Old November 1st   #10
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

Um Cadster...never go muscle,. }{ ok gang up on the old muscle car guys .. i see how it is
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #11
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

gotta be a fight going on somewhere .. too many folks on line .. munchie,, cadster ,, where yall at

Last edited by HOSS429; November 1st at 03:48 PM.
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #12
CADster
CADster
has no status.

LOL

Last edited by CADster; November 1st at 03:51 PM.
Old November 5th   #13
B20KidDA9
B20KidDA9
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to B20KidDA9
Well I had fun at the last meet. I think it was all fine and dandy. The awards/plaques were more of a car show thing. I dont think the spectator voting was a good idea. Friends vote for friends = friends win easier. I would pick a few people that helped start the meet and let them be the judges. Well im sure ill be back on here later when a reply comes around but its a nice day and im gonna go wash the teg. And maybe paint the bumper.. lol
B20KidDA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th   #14
respect'89
respect'89
has no status.

I wanted to share this website that I found, it has scans of Honda Brochures for Civic (1974-2000), CRX (1984-1997), Prelude (1978-2001), (Integra 1986-2000), Acoord (1978-2002) and other models such as Jazz.
http://www.hondarevolutions.com/html/resource.htm
I would also like to ask everyone if they would like to take part in photoshoot. We could use these pictures as some sort of propaganda for next years meet. Let me know if interested.
Old January 7th   #15
respect'89
respect'89
has no status.

Bringing this thread up again, hey CADster when do you want to have the first meet of the year? There are some people on honda-tech already asking about it. Let me know.

Last edited by respect'89; January 7th at 08:11 PM.